Status
Not open for further replies.

MiriamWTH

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Tilburg (Netherlands)

And for those of you that do not wish to read the whole thing, here is the part about the lead:

"Ferritic stainless steels generally have better engineering properties than austenitic grades, but have reduced corrosion resistance, because of the lower chromium and nickel content. They are also usually less expensive. They contain between 10.5% and 27% chromium and very little nickel, if any, but some types can contain lead. Most compositions include molybdenum; some, aluminium or titanium. Common ferritic grades include 18Cr-2Mo, 26Cr-1Mo, 29Cr-4Mo, and 29Cr-4Mo-2Ni. These alloys can be degraded by the presence of \sigma chromium, an intermetallic phase which can precipitate upon welding."

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Cheaply made in China = Lead based metals. Lead based is cheap. Lead is not banned from manufacturing thingies in China. But are in U.S. The U.S. resorts to plastics now, instead of lead-based metals. China can still make and sell products with Lead Based Materials that are for households.

Top Notch made in China = Non Lead based materials, you can count on that! I'm sure the U.S. isn't the only Country who uses Titanium, Diamonds, Mahogany, ...

The DUD is not being made top notch, nor is it being sold as Top Notch. It is a cheap copy. Cheap copys use cheap materials. Lead Based Brass is a cheap product.

It's not racist. It's the way things are.

How this got so whacked up and out of hand is beyond me. I'm sorry I even re-visited this thread now. It's gotten even more ridiculous than ever! Why oh why does this even need explainin???

Outtahereforgoodthistime

slin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
SoCal
Yes what you said is not racist, You are concern about you are buying or going to buy, When some of posts generalize /stereotyping the race, that is called racist. We know that analog cigarette that made here in USA are known health but they are still selling pretty well. We all here are concern about our health so we should focus on that not stereotyping the race. We wouldn't be talking in this fourm if it wasn't for discovery of e cig by one of the chinese man in china and introduce us about cheap battery, atomizer and so on for past few years.
Cheaply made in China = Lead based metals. Lead based is cheap. Lead is not banned from manufacturing thingies in China. But are in U.S. The U.S. resorts to plastics now, instead of lead-based metals. China can still make and sell products with Lead Based Materials that are for households.

Top Notch made in China = Non Lead based materials, you can count on that! I'm sure the U.S. isn't the only Country who uses Titanium, Diamonds, Mahogany, ...

The DUD is not being made top notch, nor is it being sold as Top Notch. It is a cheap copy. Cheap copys use cheap materials. Lead Based Brass is a cheap product.

It's not racist. It's the way things are.

How this got so whacked up and out of hand is beyond me. I'm sorry I even re-visited this thread now. It's gotten even more ridiculous than ever! Why oh why does this even need explainin???

Outtahereforgoodthistime

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Yes what you said is not racist, You are concern about you are buying or going to buy, When some of posts generalize /stereotyping the race, that is called racist. We know that analog cigarette that made here in USA are known health but they are still selling pretty well. We all here are concern about our health so we should focus on that not stereotyping the race. We wouldn't be talking in this fourm if it wasn't for discovery of e cig by one of the chinese man in china and introduce us about cheap battery, atomizer and so on for past few years.

well if you want us to stop referring to the people that making the DID copy,clone,knock-off or whatever you call it?? then give us the names of those making it ,so we can stop calling them Chinese

there is nothing racists about saying the Chinese are making it anymore then saying Greeks are making one

slin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
SoCal
well if you want us to stop referring to the people that making the DID copy,clone,knock-off or whatever you call it?? then give us the names of those making it ,so we can stop calling them Chinese

there is nothing racists about saying the Chinese are making it anymore then saying Greeks are making one
Don't turn it around, I wasn't even talking about that. If you think I was talking about you , thats your problem. I am done here

nebulas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Earth
:laugh::laugh:

I can't help but laugh.....this thread has gone in so many directions it's just funny.

...and before I get wicked flamed.....no, I don't thank racism is funny....:ohmy:

yup....

I think I am done with this thread. I just wanted to have a conversation about what seemed to be an awesome piece of hardware at a reasonable price that I was very interested in buying but I had some concerns about the materials. I might revisit the product at a later date to see if there is any new information out that is not just speculation.

slin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
SoCal
Chinese isn't a race. Asian is a race. Chinese is an ethnicity. So, discussion of Chinese products and production practices is not racist. Just being annoying with semantics. :p

who made the DUD, DID WHATEVER? Do you know ? 90% or more e cig products come from china. You can have discussion about products and safety , then I agree with you its not racist, But when people start stereo typing for some bad practices that some companies do. Thats racist. You will run into few bad apple in any countries, more from china because they are supplying the whole universe. I love DID, now I want to try DUD if you don't mind. I will get couple from Eric next week.

For your information
Race is a classification system used to categorize humans into large and distinct populations or groups by heritable phenotypic characteristics, geographic ancestry, physical appearance, ethnicity, and social status.
A racist believes that certain people are superior, or inferior, to others in light of racial differences.

Last edited:

Nurzrachit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Gray,GA.
Yes, I have had this atomizer going strong last night and today. I must say that I can't find any fault with the way it performs, hits and vapes just the way this style is supposed to. The only real issues I can really call out are that of fit and finish

makin some vapor:
20120920_172727_zps1a1cfc6a.jpg

In summary, still very worth the $29.99 I paid......absolutely worth a co-op $12. I don't have a authentic DiD or I would have compared but I can say that the actual DiD has the quality and attention to detail like the bliSS listed above.

I do not regret getting this at all, it will serve it's intended purpose: a small, cheap, fine if it gets damaged genisis style for my back-up mod.

Spraintz, Hats off brother. Excellent comparo for reference. I think this little DUD is a great addition to the vapin' market for those who want to start small with the rebuildables, and possibly work their way up as they can afford. I do not think this is bad for the high end mods either especially the DID. It's like buyin a Cobalt SS when you want a Corvette, You still want the Vette, but you may have to do a little more savin during the salivation.
Looks like we got the same addictions, Mods and Motorcycles. That project is sweet, looks like a custom ... chopper in the makin'. thanks again for the detail work, very nice job.

tattooed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
VA
Just picked mine up from the post office. Haven't set it up yet but I'm pleased with how it looks and how its put together. I was a little paranoid about the air hole not lining up but thankfully it lines up absolutely perfect.

I bought the thing to learn on before dropping the money on the ZAP, which is what I want. After 4 years in this game, I have blown all sorts of money trying to find my perfect vape. Way back when all ecigs were cigarette size pieces of junk, I went through Zeus knows how many starter sets. Then I was all over flashlight mods. Then the Janty stick, 2 versions of the Prodigy, and many others.

I'm over that, I spent enough to know what I want and I was confident in buying my Provari over a year ago. Since I've never once had any experience with a rebuildable I'm not dropping $149 on one unless I know its going to be something I enjoy. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat and obviously, I'll still want my higher end rebuildable if this all pans out.

and thanks to everyone for the useful posts and the bike pics since they were quite refreshing after some of the turns this thread took.

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
Nurzrachit, thanks for the kind words. Glad the info helps out.

I call the bike project a sport-cruiser, R1 suspension and wheels, Honda VFR800 V-4 engine, tank will be a modded Ducati Monster tank, and the frame of course is by ME!!! Should be fun.. Motorcycles...........definitely an addiction :headbang:

Tattooed, I was in a similar situation, been doing this for about 3 years. I was set using a Prodigy V3 for the last 2+ of those years and was just looking for something better. Actually the V3 worked so well that I stopped looking for new devices and only in the past few months found the Provari and rebuildables. I didn't truly believe it could get much better...:facepalm:

Get ready man, that perfect vape is right around the corner. You are gonna freak when you get that good vape from a SS wick rebuildable!!!

WNCmotard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Western NC
Nurzrachit, thanks for the kind words. Glad the info helps out.

I call the bike project a sport-cruiser, R1 suspension and wheels, Honda VFR800 V-4 engine, tank will be a modded Ducati Monster tank, and the frame of course is by ME!!! Should be fun.. Motorcycles...........definitely an addiction :headbang:

Hey, who you calling an addict? :D Yes, that they are sir, that they are.

Get ready man, that perfect vape is right around the corner. You are gonna freak when you get that good vape from a SS wick rebuildable!!!

^^THIS!! Any genesis style setup will completely change your whole vaping experience. Be prepared to lower you nic level, and maybe have to sit down for a bit after that first rip. LOL

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
Getting errors like crazy. I see now why people get pretty frustrated in the beginning. Still though, the few decent hits I've had have had more flavor that any other method.

Yeah, just stick with it. Errors and shorts and wicking issues when starting out are all just part of getting good at it. Shoot me a PM if you need any help getting it right. I have a process that I now use and it works everytime.

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
Wow I may definitely have to check this out. Been wanting a genesis style forever yet I can't afford to buy an atomizer that costs more than any PV I own!

Edit: Right now MOV says they had to increase the price temporarily, it is now $40. What was it set at? I bought my Phoenix clone there for 9 bucks a few weeks ago so I definitely gotta give them credit!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread