cheap ....... (kanger occ coils)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwwmarty

Oct 9, 2015
So the more I vape, the more I enjoy vaping. Which means these disposable Kanger OCC .5ohm coils that used to last a week now only 3 or 4 days.

Then I found out how easy they are to rewick -- the old horizontal style anyway -- of which I'd only saved 3.

I called around and found a few shops that still have the old style coils, and bought myself 10. I reckon I won't need to buy anymore, ever.

Anyway, good news so I thought I'd share. They won't be available for much longer -- and the newer style vertical coils look like more trouble than they're worth to rewick.

Last edited:
Reactions: ImThatGuy

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
hi @wwwmarty . I have about 25 of the old style occ coils. What I've learned is after rewicking a few times the rubber insulator starts to wear out. Then I decided to use the rba and absolutely love it. I ordered the improved V2 version from Fasttech - https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10014112/2390700-authentic-kangertech-subtank-mini-rba-plus-coil - (two week delivery) and it beats the OCC's all to heck. Easier to rebuild, or just dry burn the coil and re wick.

I didn't care for the new style factory Vertical coils, and I haven't heard of anyone being successful rebuilding them.

Good luck in your vape journey.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I've still got the old style rba that came with my tank, never even tried it out. It's lacking the big holes in the side, i've been meaning to drill it out or buy the new one. thanks for the recommendation.

I still have a couple of the old style and haven't used them. I believe they are stainless steel so you will have better luck using a dremel and grinding out a small hole (at least it's my plan). I've seen others grind out larger juice troughs in the bottom but I'm planning on putting holes in the side so they can wick like the new version. Honestly, the new style is so easy to re wick or re coil I haven't been too concerned to fix the old style yet.

Reactions: wwwmarty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread