RDA Cheap RDA recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokin95

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
USA
Sorry if this isn't the appropriate section for this,

I've never built anything before, sick of buying coil heads. Looking to get into building my own.

I want a rebuilding dripper for two reasons

- Learning how to build
- Taste testing juice

I figure once I get the hang of it I'll find a rebuildable daily driver but for now, what's the cheapest, simplest rda? If it could be had for under $20 that would be ideal. Again don't want to spend a lot just looking to learn off this thing.

CrayCrayRay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2016
I have a ton of RDA's now, and my favorite RDA under 15.00 dollars is easily the Wismec Indie Duo. I never thought I would like it, but for 10.00 (sale) it has become one of my top RDA's.

I can build dual coil as easily as quad coil on this build deck. I prefer the 30mm configuration as the 30mm sleeve can catch large amounts of over dripping (5ml OD), like when you drip and drive. I don't do that.... I'm just saying.

I have never used the 22mm mode.

Here it is for $10.99. May be had for cheaper elsewhere.

20160719_142900_zpse1ham2sp.jpg
20160719_142824_zpst09251ss.jpg

Reactions: smokin95

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014

I've never built anything before, sick of buying coil heads. Looking to get into building my own.

- Learning how to build
- Taste testing juice

I figure once I get the hang of it I'll find a rebuildable daily driver but for now, what's the cheapest, simplest RDA? If it could be had for under $20 that would be ideal. Again don't want to spend a lot just looking to learn off this thing.

I try to keep things simple. I vape exclusively on an SV rda clone from Fasttech and have several. It's a bit fiddly to build on for a beginner so for getting started get a Tugboat V2 clone from FT. I never use tanks. The SV is good at flavor and won't leak with a tall slip ring covering the air supply but better to start building on something easy like the tugboat.
Pico%2Bsleeve.jpg

Reactions: smokin95

CrayCrayRay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2016
Clone options that I like. Both are U.S. shipped.

Twisted Messes V2 clone by Tobeco. Only the Tobeco though as the other clones are lacking. 14.99.

Another good clone would be the Goon RDA clone. I've purchased a few of these till I found this one which is 1:1 clone. this one is 20.95. a little over your price range suggested in OP.

Last edited:

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
I would increase your budget to $30 and check out the Infinite CLT V4. It comes with two decks -- a Velocity style deck and a Twisted Messes Squared style deck. It also has both side and bottom airflow, each of which can be blocked off if you want just one or the other. Basically, it gives you a lot of options to experiment with so you can find out what works best for you without having to buy multiple RDA's.

I don't have one yet (will be ordering one the next time I order some equipment (I like to buy a bunch of stuff at a time to save on shipping costs). But I do have its predecessor, the CLT V3 Mini, and it is one of my best RDA's -- very well made, and performs great. I have no doubt that the V4 will be another great addition to my collection.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I love my Twisted Messes as well as my CLT-2 and Atty.

My favorites are my Velocity and Velocity Mini clones. The Velocity deck is the easiest to build on for people that are just starting to build IME.

For MTL, the IGO-L is hard to beat. I paid under a buck each for 5 of them and they can still be found for under $5. Great little RDA for testing juices or stealth vaping. I usually run a single coil 0.9-1.1ohm build in these and 0.2-0.5 dual coils in the others.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

- Learning how to build
- Taste testing juice

I figure once I get the hang of it I'll find a rebuildable daily driver but for now, what's the cheapest, simplest RDA? If it could be had for under $20 that would be ideal. Again don't want to spend a lot just looking to learn off this thing.

Not sure what type of Ohms, Watts, Clouds vs Flavor vs Little of Both, Single vs Dual Coils, you like? But for Ease of Build, I would suggest going with a 2 Post Deck.

Last edited:

Seesull

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
United States
I try to keep things simple. I vape exclusively on an SV rda clone from Fasttech and have several. It's a bit fiddly to build on for a beginner so for getting started get a Tugboat V2 clone from FT. I never use tanks. The SV is good at flavor and won't leak with a tall slip ring covering the air supply but better to start building on something easy like the tugboat.
Pico%2Bsleeve.jpg
Have you tried the tugboat v3? I was looking at that on fasttech

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Have you tried the tugboat v3? I was looking at that on fasttech
I looked at it and passed. I only do single coils so there only needs to be an air supply on one side which helps reduce leaking. I do MTL so I'm looking for a tight draw. I'd love to find an rda I like better than the SV clone. Nothing so far. For others reading here are links to the TB v3 and SV clone.
$7.43 Tugboat V3 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$7.16 SV Style RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

abesh

Verified Member
Aug 7, 2016
Austin, TX
First rda, Velocity. Tobeco makes a good clone, easy to build, wick and great flavor. Loved mine so much I got two authentics (one for FDA Apocalypse stash).

Can't recommend it enough especially for a someone just starting to build.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I would second this. Nothing beats the Velocity V2 clone when it comes to building and wicking for a beginner. I started building using that a month ago and it has become one of my favorites is spite of me acquiring better RDAs along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread