Check out my Nano "dragon" Coil build

Status
Not open for further replies.

iTEO

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chicago Vape Nation
Man, that's genius !! Makes perfect sense ! It's kinda like how a carto works. How's the flavor ? I might have to beat you with the duals though :D
Flavor is really good! I have .6 .7 and .8 ohm builds and switch between them depending on the juice. Some juice prefer the lower .8 and some taste better at .6 ohm. With the "dragon" setup like the video... you need to keep up with your exhale as the vapor production from the coil itself is already massive.

I'm waiting on my MNKEs so I can try it in dual config. Let me know how it goes :)

iTEO

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chicago Vape Nation
Awesome man ! I most certainly will. I'll be on it in the morning.:toast:
cool!

Also, I have my RSST built the same way but in .8 ohm...

9972515354_658d412a4a.jpg

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
here's the key... "let your coil breathe" if you look closely on how I lay the coil down on the cotton wick, you will see that one end of the coil is exposed. The theory here is if you let air pass through the coil, you will have efficient combustion/atomization. While threading wick in a nono coil work, it does not work better than letting air pass through and in your coil, yes I have done and tested these. Even if half of your coil is buried into the cotton wick, as long as you exposed one hole you are letting air pass through the entire coil.

This is fascinating iTEO, thanks for sharing! I'm really interested in how you setup your wick under the coil. I've looked at all your links in this thread but I'm still not clear on this. You are laying down a layer of cotton under the coil, not through it, correct? Are you putting any above the coil? I'm thinking you are but being careful to leave the ends of the coil open.

I'm currently running a IGO-L with micro coils. 9 wraps of 27 gauge Kanthal at 0.6 ohms around a 1/16" pin with gauze through it. Now I have something else to experiment with ;)

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
dude i love this! ECF user MisterE had a thread called the "spinE" coil or something that was a very similar. I never saw the kind of vapor production you're putting out and so I never tried it.

I'd love to see some pics or even a tutorial of how exactly you're doing this on the RSST and how you lay your cotton down.

And as someone asked above, what are you wrapping your coil on to make it nano sized?

iTEO

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chicago Vape Nation
This is fascinating iTEO, thanks for sharing! I'm really interested in how you setup your wick under the coil. I've looked at all your links in this thread but I'm still not clear on this. You are laying down a layer of cotton under the coil, not through it, correct? Are you putting any above the coil? I'm thinking you are but being careful to leave the ends of the coil open.

I'm currently running a IGO-L with micro coils. 9 wraps of 27 gauge Kanthal at 0.6 ohms around a 1/16" pin with gauze through it. Now I have something else to experiment with ;)
For a one venting coil, about half of the coil (one side) is in the cotton wick. For a dual venting "dragon" about half of the entire coil is in the wick but make sure it's not too buried into the cotton wick, both ends must have an opening.

here's my single venting coil build...
9974078173_c3d25b55c8.jpg

Last edited:

iTEO

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chicago Vape Nation
I've been on a single venting nano coil build for about 2 months now and I just want to make sure that all is well with my build before sharing it here. In the case of the nano "dragon" coil... it was an aha! moment that got me building it. I was trying to rebuild my coil and when I fired it, I saw some vapor trying to escape on the other side and the dual venting nano coil was born aka "dragon" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread