Check out my Nano "dragon" Coil build

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrappy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Seattle
So I have a problem. I've been playing with this the past few days. Can't seem to get it right. I'm using 28g kanthal, 21g needle to wrap and organic cotton balls to wick. I'm building on an igo-w4 with both holes drilled to 2mm and a k101 mod with Sony vtc4 batteries. I always get tight and uniform coils. I've gone everywhere from .38 ohm to .97 ohm. I get the clouds of vapor but not much flavor. I'm getting more flavor out of my pt3 on my mech. The juice is a 50/50 blend. Any help? And depending on the build, I can sometimes get a bit of flavor but nothing like "oh, there's the strawberry banana milkshake I bought"

Any help to get more flavor? I always heard dripping was the best for flavor but have yet to be impressed.

P.s. I have also tried micro and regular coils with same results.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
Your problem might be coil height. First I make sure there's 1 or 2 coils showing above the cotton. Then I raise the coil up so 1 or 2 coils are higher than the airhole. Make sure the bottom of your coil is still blocked with cotton. Lastly, I position the topcap so the airhole is 90 degrees from the coil. I think when the airhole is pointed right down the coil that there's too much turbulence and it works better for me if the air is coming from the side instead.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
ITEo - you are the man

Here is mine
I have this puppy 1mm away from the air hole so with the cap on it's spewing vapor

It's hard to see with iPhone cam - but I only allowed one side open and the other is cover in cotton - when I fire it / I get a nice long stream of vapor going horizontal to the airhole and in not losing any vapor anywhere else if that makes sense - so all the cotton is controlling the direction of the vape

I love it

I'm not getting huge clouds because I still have not perfected the lung hit
And I'm using 24 mg juice so it kills me and lastly I'm using 50/50 blends

a2ene2aq.jpg

hu2ahyny.jpg

Last edited:

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I thought the concept behind nano and micro coils at least was to partly to lessen the risks associated in sub ohm?? So why build and go sub ohm anyway??:confused: Sorry, not for me:2cool:

Because vapor. (doing it safely of course, until you've tried, and I recommend with a large airflow hole, you'll never know! :vapor:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread