Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I thought the concept behind nano and micro coils at least was to partly to lessen the risks associated in sub ohm?? So why build and go sub ohm anyway??:confused: Sorry, not for me:2cool:

Not sure where you heard that. Oh, the vape video celebs? The intent of a micro coil is to provide an AYuss kicking vape. Period. I'm not a sub ohm vape dude, but more power to those who are. Rock on.

A proper micro coil performs similarly (warmth wise) to an old school coil of roughly 1/2 the resistance.

Be careful listening to the vape celebs. So far, the couple of their "micro coil" videos I watched did not feature micro coils. More like mega coils?

Let the dragon breath :)

iTEO

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chicago Vape Nation
wow! you guys are really stepping up on the dragon, very nice!

Let the dragon breath :)
^this... thank you :)

Ok, I rebuilt my RSST into a single venting dragon and took pics/vids this time... (click image for video)

*kicker* The RSST just kicked my ..... I should have emptied my tank and removed the 6mg nic juice and used 0mg nic instead. I 4-5 big hits and I'm pretty much just sitting down and sweatin out the nic buzz.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
wow! you guys are really stepping up on the dragon, very nice!

^this... thank you :)

Ok, I rebuilt my RSST into a single venting dragon and took pics/vids this time... (click image for video)

*kicker* The RSST just kicked my ..... I should have emptied my tank and removed the 6mg nic juice and used 0mg nic instead. I 4-5 big hits and I'm pretty much just sitting down and sweatin out the nic buzz.

Crazy tight looking build bro. Your talents would fit right in over in REOvil bro. Keep it rockin my bro. :)

bambloo!™

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
SAN DIEGO
Hey Iteo great build!
I was wondering how would one build this on a trident rba?
I understand the 28g wire wrapped around a paper clip to desired resistance, but could I do it horizontally? Just lay some cotton beneath and over it?
Would the dual air vents be necessary to get air flowing in one end of the coil and out the other?

iTEO

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chicago Vape Nation
Heads up:

If you notice my new rsst rebuild... I went back to using the wick hole and see if I can make it wick better... wrong. The design of the fill hole on the rsst is flawed, juice will accumulate on the fill hole and your tank will not get the airflow needed to keep the wick wicking efficiently. Using the fill hole as the wick hole and the wick hole as the fill hole works way better, the now bigger and non tapered fill hole will not accumulate and catch juice... no more vacuum effect in the tank and your wick works like a champ... you do need to tilt still :)

Last edited:

iTEO

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chicago Vape Nation
bambloo!™;10842036 said:
Hey Iteo great build!
I was wondering how would one build this on a trident rba?
I understand the 28g wire wrapped around a paper clip to desired resistance, but could I do it horizontally? Just lay some cotton beneath and over it?
Would the dual air vents be necessary to get air flowing in one end of the coil and out the other?
You can pretty much do whatever orientation of the coil you want. The important part is to not seal both holes of the coil. You can keep both holes open or just keep one hole open :)

jozef-3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Plano, Texas, United States
5eqanu3a.jpg

So I tried this with ekowool and it works ok. I feel like most of the time my coil is just drowning in liquid. It could be the way ekowool wicks. Or am I doing something wrong here? I am just not getting the same result. After adding juice, it just sputters like a broken engine, not so much a dragon. Lol. ITeo any advice?

jozef-3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
enaqe9e3.jpg

So I folded the ekowool in half and pulled it one through the bottom halfway and looped it around and placed the other over the top. I also spread the center on the front a little bit to allow a small opening where I would position the airhole and it's performing much better now. I still don't think that the ekowool is performing as much but it's hitting pretty well. If I hold the button too long, the juice does start to burn a little.

More suggestions welcomed please before I switch to trying cotton.

Edit: Scrap this it's a fail!!

Last edited:

jozef-3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
http://instagram.com/p/e3ma0jxnve/

Forget the openining in the middle. I found that setting the airhole in the path of one of the holes gives it the performance it needs to produce the right turbulence.

Here is how it's running at 3.7v battery (not fully charged)

Edit: Scrap this it's a fail, see my next post for a successful one.

Last edited:

iTEO

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chicago Vape Nation
Instagram

Forget the openining in the middle. I found that setting the airhole in the path of one of the holes gives it the performance it needs to produce the right turbulence.

Here is how it's running at 3.7v battery (not fully charged)
if you're not satisfied with vapor production try cotton, make sure to keep you cotton bed loose and fluffy

Here is my attempt at a single vent nano. It's 9 wraps of 30g kanthal around a sewing needle. It's producing well and has a very strong flavor. Ramp up time is a tad slow for me so I think I'll redo it soon with 28g. To those that are in the know, does this look like it is setup properly?
try opening the other side.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
I built 2 atomizers yesterday, and 2 today. Today I built a dual micro-coil on an IGO-W using 32g wire. And also a single coil on an IGO-L with 32g wire. All my builds are laying on a bed of Silica wicking.

My 2 builds from yesterday are pictured below

1375274_10153301214805174_1455123161_n.jpg

Above is a single micro-coil using 28g wire on an IGO-W. Hits smooth and no heat whatsoever. I prefer the single over the dual as a preference after trying them both.

1377314_10153301215370174_905837254_n.jpg

This is my dual coil build with 28g wire on a Nimbus. Hits great and a bit warmer than the single, but I prefer a single.

I will rotate all 3 until I need to rebuild, and then I will build 1 dual and 2 single. The IGO-L is for the wife. She loves it and she feels that nic hit from it is tamer than a usual traditional coil build

jozef-3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013

SUCCESS!!

Scrap my previous two failed setups!! I revamped my ekowool and folded it in half then in half again and put it under the coil and pushed the coil down so it lays well in the ekowool, making sure both ends are free. Now it's working like a champ. I positioned my airhole near one of the ends and it works as expected now. When vaping, I made sure the airhole is to the side so the coil is flat and air passes horizontally and not verically. The biggest difference for me is hearing the whooshing turbulence sound to know its working right. Thanks iTEO!!

This is with ekowool, 28g kanthal at 0.8ohms around 8 wraps on one of those big paper clips.

And yes iTEO, I'm Pinoy too :)

EDIT: With ekowool, I find that you need to keep the ekowool tight, otherwise if it's loose, you'll drown your coil because ekowool tends to hold the juice pretty well in its exeterior.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread