Check out the V4L Blog... My first post

Status
Not open for further replies.

incantius

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
tennessee
about all i read (other than trade mags, etc.) are fantasy novels so if you're not into those I can't help ya...but just in case:
Authors:
  • Piers Anthony (Xanth series is riddled with puns so if those bother you, you'd need to look at the Adept or Tarot series)
  • Raymond E. Feist (most of his books take place in Midkemia the "starter" series is the Magician series)
  • Stephen R. Donaldson (the chronicles of Thomas Covenant are a must read for Fantasy fans)
  • David Eddings (the Belgariad series is a good place to start followed by the Mallorean series)

i'm sure i'll think of several more later lol

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    Thanks everyone! I'm pretty excited. Just trying to get everything done that needs doing before I leave. Also I need some Book recommendations for the plane ride. I'm a huge Stephen King fan, but I've read every word he's written... need some suggestions :D

Dean Koontz, Tess Gerriteson (SP?), Robin Cook are all great authors. BTW, Stephen King has a new book coming out soon!!!!!!!!!!(I have every book he ever wrote ;-)

Have a great trip, take lots of pictures, be safe.

dohsma

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2009
    WI, USA
    Try the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan (and Brandon Sanderson since RJ's passing). The final book isn't due out until next year but I doubt you'll make it thru the previous 13 on this trip haha. Its not Stephen King but its a great fantasy series.

Yeah... wader gave me the heads up on that. I might check that out. I don't normally like fantasy, but I LOVE the Song of Ice of Fire books.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread