Chest Pains from Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHR1SW111

Jun 17, 2016
Hi,

I’ve been vaping now for several years and over the past couple of months I’ve been suffering from pains in my chest that seem to be related to vaping.

I have a constant ache in my gullet area, like food is stuck below my throat. It seems when I vape the aching pain increases and radiates out in sometimes different directions in my chest and back area, with an occasional tingling sensation.

I’ve now tried high VG liquid and change the type of e-cig I use and it still occurs.

I’ve also been to the doctors, had an MRI on my spine area and they think a protracted disc in my neck (touching a nerve) is causing the pain through my chest area.

Has anybody had any similar issues?

Thanks in advance.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Sorry "bout your dilemma. The closest experience I've had was the heavy chest feeling. Switching to high PG DIY fixed that for me.

Have you tried lower nic/ higher nic?
Different flavours/ no flavouring at all?

Power settings around only 10 watts?

Some experimentation is required, you will find the answer! Hope the vape just needs a little tweaking and is not a more serious medical issue. Best of luck. Cheers.

CHR1SW111

Jun 17, 2016
Sorry "bout your dilemma. The closest experience I've had was the heavy chest feeling. Switching to high PG DIY fixed that for me.

Have you tried lower nic/ higher nic?
Different flavours/ no flavouring at all?

Power settings around only 10 watts?

Some experimentation is required, you will find the answer! Hope the vape just needs a little tweaking and is not a more serious medical issue. Best of luck. Cheers.

I've reduced nic to 6mg and tried all kinds of flavours. I'm now using an iJust 2 so can't adjust the wattage. I was originally using a budget e-cig, so the wattage may not be the issue. I've never considered using a higher PG because most say PG can be the cause of these kinds of issues. Perhaps it's something I should look into.

Fahad Malallah

Mar 15, 2013
Kuwait
Hey Chris I have been having the same symptoms for the past two months, been to the doctor my self chest x ray lung test heart stress test sonar imaging , and you know what at the end the told new exactly what they did told you your neck muscles are shifted touching the nerve and causing you the pain, I even stooped vaping for a week and switched to nice gums but no improvements

Vaping history
Been vaping for 3.5 years so far since I started having this symptoms I dropped the nice in my juices from 18 to 6 but still no good, used to vape pg based liquids shifted to vg based and still no good

Please let me know if anything new came up with ya, now also the doctor want me to do endoscopy

TheMike21

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2015
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
I have the same issue since before vaping, I also have a problem with disks in my lower back and at the neck, actually some years ago the nerves from my arm got pinched at the neck and it caused all sorts of trouble. Ultrasonic therapy, traction (having your neck pulled with weights for 10min a day), and laser therapy along with some very interesting shots to the spinal cord took care of it. I still get it from time to time but not as bad.

I also had an inflammation between the ribs, that was scary it felt like my heart was giving up, but no, just stress and shifting from a couch potato life to heavy exercise over night. Fixed that one with pills.

Keep following up with your doctor.

CHR1SW111

Jun 17, 2016
Hey Chris I have been having the same symptoms for the past two months, been to the doctor my self chest x ray lung test heart stress test sonar imaging , and you know what at the end the told new exactly what they did told you your neck muscles are shifted touching the nerve and causing you the pain, I even stooped vaping for a week and switched to nice gums but no improvements

Vaping history
Been vaping for 3.5 years so far since I started having this symptoms I dropped the nice in my juices from 18 to 6 but still no good, used to vape pg based liquids shifted to vg based and still no good

Please let me know if anything new came up with ya, now also the doctor want me to do endoscopy

My symptoms have now generally gone. I’ve been given exercises to by a physio plus changed my e-liquid. My gut feeling is the change in e-liquid has fixed it, perhapsa mixture of both. I tried my old liquid and it flared up again.

I’m currently using a pure VG liquid and lower strength nic (2mg). I do still get the occasionally pain in my chest if I vape too much, so maybe it was the nic or even the PG.

Neck exercises were to pull your neck back so you have a double chin, hold for 10 seconds and slowly release, repeated 20 times, a couple of times a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread