Chewing tobacco to vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrett0917

May 29, 2016
alright to start off, I'm new here. I dip Grizzly Straight only about twice a day. I'm wondering what kind of nicotine level liquids I need to be looking at getting to cope with my needs. I am also wondering if the effects of vaping and the effects of dipping are the same or at least similar. thanks for all of the help in advance. also how much would I need to vape to have similar effects of my 35 minute dips.

Reactions: Tagi

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
There is a "Snus" section, but not sure about dip. Dip is a little different beast, it's a high concentration of nicotine in a short time span, unlike smokers. Each dip is about four of five cigs at once.
Are you planning to vape all day, or just looking for something to "hit" you during those shot times you'd dip? If it's the latter you'll need a little stronger nic than most would start with, if you plan to use it all day, then a lower dose should suit you.
Sorry, this is a bit of a different question than we normally get.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I've watched my next door neighbor struggle with this. He had been dipping for over 20 years, but for a brief period last year he managed to quit with the help of a buddy at a local vape shop, and he really enjoyed vaping. He told me that after a few weeks, he noticed that the oral lesions from dipping began to subside, he had suffered with these for years...

Unfortunately, he started getting the the public verbal assaults against smoking for the first time in his life, and was unprepared for the open hostility from the "vaping = smoking" mob ...

As a result, he's back to dipping ...

Its a cruel irony that unfounded criticism, sometimes in the guise of concern, can actually drive the victim away from the cure and back to the affliction ...

Reactions: YoursTruli

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
alright to start off, I'm new here. I dip Grizzly Straight only about twice a day. I'm wondering what kind of nicotine level liquids I need to be looking at getting to cope with my needs. I am also wondering if the effects of vaping and the effects of dipping are the same or at least similar. thanks for all of the help in advance. also how much would I need to vape to have similar effects of my 35 minute dips.

Drinking right now So my thoughts might be a bit all over the place add in self regulated dyslexia and ADHD and its even worse. Feel free to PM or ask anything for clarification.

I was not a smoker. Grew up around chain smokers. Holidays meant burning eyes from the people gatthering around and all smoking. I dipped mostly Copenhagen straight. Would get the Grizzy straight here and there. Throw in some Grizzly wintergreen to change things up. I dipped Similar to you, 1-3 times a day once off work. Weekends where a crapshoot as I was also a gamer and would dip all night.

I would also buy cigars and black and milds occasionally. A bit of hookah in there too.

I started with the camo mvp2 withe the camo tank thing it came with. I would chain with 18mg nic until it dry hitted and was not satisfied. 3 days later I found an awesome shop (Joosie Vapes here in Mesquite Tx) I ended up with a Nemises and Nimbus dripper. I dripped 18 nic for a while. Just some what recently dropped down to 12mg nic. I am now dableing in the 8mg nic ranges.

What you will need is a strong nic rush to simulate the dipping. I found a dripper could only simulate it. Although now equipment has change alot from when I started vaping. There are alot of high performance tanks that can hit like a dripper.

(a dripper is a high performance set up that requires you to drip eliquid onto a coil for a couple puffs before you have drip a few more drops of eliquid for a couple more puffs.) Don't worry about the terms now but definitely look into your available vaping options. read on...

I found that I like a bit of thought hit. you will have to test this yourself. Its the sting at the back of your thought that vaping can have. I associate this with that strong nic rush.

When I drink I would drip 36mg nic (dont worry you will eventually learn these terms, thats beyond crazy for dripping)

Your going to have to spend some $ to find what you like. Like I mentioned before my first set up lasted a whole 3 days before I upgraded big. Look at this as an investment.

I would recommend a device in the 40-100 watt range and a Aspire Natalus (simulates smoking) with this tank it will only handle about 10-12 watts chain vaping. If this is not doing it for you then all you will need to do is up to one of the high performance tanks or a dripper. If you got a device that can push those wattages then you should be good for a while without having to drop another big chunk of $.

The Aspire Nautalus vapes mouth to lung. Pull a puff into your mouth then a secondary inhale into your lungs.

There are set ups that you pull straight into your lungs ( if you ever smoked a hookah its like that) Like a sharp breathing inhale. I needed these to get that nic rush, you might not.

Dripper - Only go this route if you like to tinker. its easy to learn. but if you want plug and play then its a NO. its for the hot rodder. Maximum performance maintenance be darned.

There are some Higher performance tanks that you buy the premade coils screw em in - wet em and vape away until it becomes singed and pop a new coil in. Highly recommend if the Aspire Natalus is not quite hitting it for you.

You found a treasure cove on valuable info. Read all you can and learn here. ask away we are all happy to help. We were all where you are once. overwhelmed with all the details of what is vaping.

Your future is now yours, but we will happily offer our knowledge to help you along.

Last edited:

Kickingthesticks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 6, 2016
    Besides chewing do you smoke? If you only dip two times a day I highly recommend nicotine lozenges. Just tuck one behind your lip like you were packing a dip. I chewed and smoked for over 10 years and my teeth and gums are paying the price now. Anyways don't start another bad habit if you can quit.

Reactions: YoursTruli

Stubby

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    Before you get to far into the whole vaping thing there are a few points that you should consider. Unfortunately this is a vaping forum so many here are not at all up to speed on the health risk of dipping verses vaping so a few facts are in order.

All forms of western style smokeless tobacco (dip, chew, snus, nasal snuff) have vanishingly low risk compared to smoking, and have the same low risk as we hope vaping has. If you think you are improving your health by switching from dip to vaping you are out of luck, as there is no real world difference. Dip has the same low risk as vaping. There may be a personal preference one way of another, but that is as far as it goes.

Dipping twice a day is on the low end of amount used. I know a few people who go through that many cans in a day. I guess you could mess with the whole vaping thing if that's what you like, but it would also be a very good choice to just keep on with what you are doing. There is nothing wrong with dipping and the health risk are almost zero.

I would suggest reading up on Smokeless tobacco before making any drastic moves. Brad Rodu's blog is a good place to start.

Tobacco Truth

Jon Farrar

Moved On
    May 18, 2016
    • Deleted by retired1
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread