Status
Not open for further replies.

Lhartman89

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Canal Winchester, Ohio
There is nothing wrong with it but the battery thing is good info to know. The real Chi You is exactly the same way with the switch having no insulator and the positive pin battery adjustment screw length. Watch the video below to see. The positive battery adjustment pin is the same length as the real Chi You. As long as you have it adjusted correctly, once you put the battery in and screw it together the pin will NOT back out as it has no where to go.

As for the button, the one I have is not sideways so it will not just magically start firing. If it were to come loose, then it could happen. Make sure your firing pin is tight in the button when you get it. I also lock it whenever I set it down after I use it just for safety. The button throw is short and light so I do like to lock the button for that reason.

The battery thing is something to worry about as the grey panasonic batteries will cause it to auto fire when you put it in and screw the button on because the shrink wrap doesn't extend far enough down and around the negative end of the battery. I had been using Efest batteries but I fixed the problem with the panasonics by taking vinyl and heating it and stretching it. Then I trimmed the extra off and cut out the circle for the negative contact. The picture below shows what I did.

Before the vinyl (this one was a little more tore up that what a new one would be like but the wrap doesn't go down and around):

IMAG1138.jpg

After the vinyl:

IMAG1703.jpg

If you really want some extra safety, get a fuse as it will take up some space so the adjustment pin won't be out so far and it will keep the panasonic batteries and batteries like it from causing it to auto fire as it would sit on top of the button instead of the battery. It will also trip if it started auto firing saving the battery and anything around it.

You just have to be smart and know what you are doing. So I think I basically addressed everything he brought up.

Here is a good video that shows the REAL Chi You broke down into parts. If you notice, the clone is exactly the same as it.

Last edited:

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia
yeah. the fasttech ones are really questionable. i would rather get one thats not from ft and has the right spelling of style lol

Although I have my issues with exact cloning, especially with the logos - I had to pull the trigger on the FastTech SS Chi-you clone.
I ordered before they raised the price.

I did look at the pictures. I found that the SS pics of the button has a spelling error in "style" and also printed ver 2012.
The brass pics same spelling error, logo is off center, but prints ver 2013.
Also, they are pictured with brass pins instead of silver plated.

AFAIK - there is only one manufacturer that is producing this exacting clone: HCigar

EHpro has a model that is close, but not quite (and no logos). Sigelei's is not really a clone, more of a look-a-like (either no logo or bagua logo).
So, since Hcigar is the main producer of all the GV clones and being sold on FT- I'm assuming that this Chi-you clone is
also being produced by HCigar. I know it's bad to assume, but it's really hard to tell when it comes to China's secrets - so, best guess.
Based on that, I believe the pics on FT are either "defective" models, old pics, or test model pics.
Hopefully they are actually selling the newest updated models.
But it's still possible that there is another company out there that I cannot find that is producing these.

I suppose we will find out more once someone gets their hands on one and posts it here.
I'll do that once I receive mine - but as with most of my FT orders - that will probably within 2 weeks.

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia
The ft ones are not hcigar though

What info do you have that the FT is not made by Hcigar?
If you are sure Hcigar is not making the FT model...
Do you have any info on who makes it?

I'd like to see pics of the box and the device from anyone who owns one of these Chi-you clones and post where it was purchased.

I already ordered it from FT, so I will find out more eventually - but I have nothing better to do ;)

Last edited:

Lhartman89

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Mine came in a black box and is confirmed made by Hcigar. Here is an email I got back from them after asking them if it came in a black box. I also asked if they came with brass or silver plated pins.

RE: thank you for your inquiry—— H-cigar company
Dear Mr. Lee,

thank you for your inquiry.
our stainless chi you clone can brass pin or brass+silver plated pin.

it comes with a black paper box.

yeah. it's from our company. :)

best regards

Lhartman89

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Canal Winchester, Ohio
thanks Lhartman89 - where did you get yours from?

(your note says Mr. Lee - so I assume AKA Vapers)

....although you stated in another thread that you got yours from a Co-Op.

I got it from a co-op. I emailed Hcigar directly to find out if it was from them. The co-op host wouldn't disclose the supplier.

Lhartman89

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Canal Winchester, Ohio
thanks Lhartman89 - where did you get yours from?

(your note says Mr. Lee - so I assume AKA Vapers)

....although you stated in another thread that you got yours from a Co-Op.

I got it from a co-op. I emailed Hcigar directly to find out if it was from them. The co-op runner wouldn't disclose the supplier.

I also went and picked up some Noalox. I was skeptical about if it really helped with voltage drop. I measured the voltage drop before I used it and I got 0.6v. After I used the Noalox, it went down to 0.35v drop. So I am only getting a 0.35v drop now with a 0.9 ohm coil. The battery was 4.09 volts and I got 3.74 volts at the atty.

I don't really think voltage drop is that big of a deal. It hits nice either way. I don't know if I can really say that I notice the difference, but it is there.

rileyman

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
az
I got it from a co-op. I emailed Hcigar directly to find out if it was from them. The co-op runner wouldn't disclose the supplier.

I also went and picked up some Noalox. I was skeptical about if it really helped with voltage drop. I measured the voltage drop before I used it and I got 0.6v. After I used the Noalox, it went down to 0.35v drop. So I am only getting a 0.35v drop now with a 0.9 ohm coil. The battery was 4.09 volts and I got 3.74 volts at the atty.

I don't really think voltage drop is that big of a deal. It hits nice either way. I don't know if I can really say that I notice the difference, but it is there.

so is aka vapor selling the one you have?

whit77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
uk
What info do you have that the FT is not made by Hcigar?
If you are sure Hcigar is not making the FT model...
Do you have any info on who makes it?

I'd like to see pics of the box and the device from anyone who owns one of these Chi-you clones and post where it was purchased.

I already ordered it from FT, so I will find out more eventually - but I have nothing better to do ;)

Tobeco make the ft one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread