Chi you clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

davewuvswaffles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Philadelphia
Just got my brass chi who from akavapers. It's really nice and I wish I could use it but I only have 18500's and 18650's.. The small extension piece is disfigured around the threads. Aka sent a replacement extension out already.

Btw I ordered it on Thursday and got it today :) will post some pics in a bit.

Nate

Man this is really tempting me to just get the brass one from AKA... I bet it'll be here before my SS one comes from FT.

Lhartman89

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Canal Winchester, Ohio
These are not my pictures. A guy on Mod Envy on FB posted these. They are the one's from fast tech. Looks like they have the correct spelling.

1185635_401159763319038_1060555178_n.jpg

1229973_401221179979563_1243906142_n.jpg

1176119_401220876646260_1537157754_n.jpg

1231624_401172976651050_1813610326_n.jpg

1236560_401172856651062_549016962_n.jpg

1014239_401172336651114_761618709_n.jpg

Lhartman89

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Are you sure the SS one is a clone? The serial number's font is squared off, pointing towards an authentic.

Yes, he said they changed the font on the SS. These are the first 2 clones they put on the site. The SS came in a black box like mine did from Hcigar. The brass came in a white box. My guess is Hcigar used a different color box for the brass. I have a Hcigar brass coming from a co-op so I will be able to confirm if the brass one on FT is also from Hcigar but I believe it is.

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia
must wait till fasttech gets brass model for cheap.
my SS hasn't even shipped from FT yet cuz they are waiting on stupid drip tips I added to my order :(
FAAHHHKKK all you people that have yours already.jealousy.grrr.
At at least I have 2 orders coming in from FT sometime this week.
....I can wait.
patience.
ooohhhmmmm

ebhomepc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
United Kingdom
Yes, he said they changed the font on the SS. These are the first 2 clones they put on the site. The SS came in a black box like mine did from Hcigar. The brass came in a white box. My guess is Hcigar used a different color box for the brass. I have a Hcigar brass coming from a co-op so I will be able to confirm if the brass one on FT is also from Hcigar but I believe it is.

My guess is the ss one above is the hcigar version they put up later and the original ss batch they received was not sent out due to the faults I don't think the brass one is the same hence the white box and all the fonts even the logo is different if you look close.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

davewuvswaffles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Philadelphia

Oh ...., real Chi You owners are not going to be happy about that... besides build quality and authenticating materials, it was the only difference between the real ones and the clones.

tardcore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2009
pittsburgh, pa
who cares what the real chi you owners think? certainly not me. *vapes his sub-$60 clone while rolling in a pile of the money he saved*

a little more seriously: the only way to be sure, i guess, would be to have mojo (or any reseller) keep a simple spreadsheet (could even make it available for public view via google docs, so they wouldn't have to be bothered with requests to check it) with who owns what serial number of the real deal. too bad it's come to that, but that's the price you pay for exclusivity (inconvenience and $$$$).

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Oh ...., real Chi You owners are not going to be happy about that... besides build quality and authenticating materials, it was the only difference between the real ones and the clones.

Which is why you'll never see them in the classifieds on ECF (or an ECF co-op).

Hock A Lugie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
nor cali
Hahahahaha clones are funny! Aint stoping me from getting one when there this good and available unlike the real thing. If the mod makers can make enough and meet consumer demand then I will buy it,if not then its clone all day long. Yea its wrong but hey its the way it is,if the Chinese see an opportunity they are gonna take it and run like they stole it because they did. Wonder how long it will take for manufactuers to realize this and step up and get on par so they stop getting JACKED by China. Its all about demand and China knows this!.....End rant:laugh:

tardcore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2009
pittsburgh, pa
i've only used unprotected batteries in mine (panasonic NCR18650PD and sony US18650VTC3). no problems whatsoever. i adjust the center pin to ensure the atty sits flush, then adjust the lower adjustable pin to eliminate battery rattle.

also, any of the fuses sometimes recommended for use in mechanicals would be tripped by what i'm vaping :p i don't have a meter accurate enough to tell for sure, but i'm somewhere around .25 to .3Ω (dual coil setup in my nimbus clone) so with a full battery i'm pulling around 14-17 amps...:vapor:

Last edited:

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia
Just saying hello peeps. I don't have one of these yet but have been eyeing it.

http://.........blogspot.com/2013/09/the-next-chi-you-clone-2700.html

Got that alert today. Sadly seems these pins aren't silver plated? :facepalm:

You and Joe are both late.
I'm surprised they haven't sold out yet.
These have been up for a week :) ABO

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
Man, late for sure! I know there was some talk about Hcigar vs. other versions of this mod earlier in the thread. Does silver plated contacts vs. raw brass have anything to do with this?

Or is the Hcigar version now coming in brass contacts and silver plated...lol...this seriously gets overwhelming

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia
I've seen Hcigar selling both.
I think that's a matter of production cost and FT trying to obtain and sell for the lowest price.
A few of the most recent items I've received from FT didn't even come in boxes.
Cutting unnecessary expenses such as packaging or silver plated contacts makes up a few dollars and
on a few thousand items - that adds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread