Child proof caps are a must. Also please please please keep out of reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
I don't think childproof caps are the solution to the problem.

When I use an RDA I never, repeat NEVER screw the caps on properly (kid proof or not), as I know that I will be using it again within minutes of putting the bottle down.
So, regardless of having a childproof cap the contents of the bottle will still be easily accessible.

The responsibility should lie with the parents to make sure that either the bottles are out of reach, or keep a better eye on the child when they are around your e-liquid.

I agree with Awsum140 that childproof caps are a pain to use in general, they are even worse for those of a certain age with arthritis etc who still want/need their nicotine fix.

I agree that child proof caps are not a perfect solution. I also have heard a lot of stories of kids fumbling with child proof caps long enough for the parents to catch them and stop them. The parents should absolutely make sure that their kids are not even coming into contact with this stuff but in the event they do (and unfortunately it is already happening) there should be another line of defense.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
Most all in the industry have already made the move to child proof caps so it is a mute point to debate along with warning on labels, for the most part it is already happening ~ which make this article just a fluff attention grabbing piece in a pray to bolster readers as their newspaper subscriptions continue to decline...

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Household cleaners and drinking alcohol do not have child proof caps on them.

Just a Hypothetical.

If including some form of CRP on e-Liquids swayed more Non-Vaper's to having a Favorable View of e-Cigarettes, is CRP all that Bad?

BTW - One can Ask a Similar Question by replacing the word "Non-Vapor's" with the word "Senators" in the above sentence.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Just a Hypothetical.

If including some form of CRP on e-Liquids swayed more Non-Vaper's to having a Favorable View of e-Cigarettes, is CRP all that Bad?

BTW - One can Ask a Similar Question by replacing the word "Non-Vapor's" with the word "Senators" in the above sentence.

Your being very idealistic. Fact is, the masses will always look down on vaping because vaping is smoking. Instead of inhaling burned tobacco smoke, you are smoking PG/VG vapor. Smoking is a demon so vaping must be a demon because it looks the same and it involves nicotine delivery.

So seeing how vaping is doomed from the start, I wanna start seeing childproof caps on alcohol and household cleaners.

I want these big bad chemical and liquor companies to start spending money on things vaping companies are supposed to spend money on. If governments think that parents are not to be held responsible when it comes to eliquid, then I don't see any reason why those same parents WOULD all of a sudden be held responsible if their child drinks liquor or a household cleaner.

If our governments and corporations are to raise our children for us, let's go full force on this. I don't want to see SC Johnson and similar companies get a free pass here. The chemicals they sell are as toxic as eliquid and therefore need to have childproof caps. They have gotten a free ride WAY too long now.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Your being very idealistic. Fact is, the masses will always look down on vaping because vaping is smoking. Instead of inhaling burned tobacco smoke, you are smoking PG/VG vapor. Smoking is a demon so vaping must be a demon because it looks the same and it involves nicotine delivery.

So seeing how vaping is doomed from the start, I wanna start seeing childproof caps on alcohol and household cleaners.

I want these big bad chemical and liquor companies to start spending money on things vaping companies are supposed to spend money on. If governments think that parents are not to be held responsible when it comes to eliquid, then I don't see any reason why those same parents WOULD all of a sudden be held responsible if their child drinks liquor or a household cleaner.

If our governments and corporations are to raise our children for us, let's go full force on this. I don't want to see SC Johnson and similar companies get a free pass here. The chemicals they sell are as toxic as eliquid and therefore need to have childproof caps. They have gotten a free ride WAY too long now.

I dunno?

Most of the People I know were Pretty Anti-Vaping a couple Years ago. But Today, most have adopted a "It may not be 100% Safe, but it Has to be Better than Smoking" attitude.

I'll tell you what I do see though. And that is Many People see the e-Cigarette Market in general as being Immature.

CRP to me Doesn't effect how I vape. Just don't see it as a Big Hang Up. And using CRP to me just gives e-Cigarette Detractors 1 Less things to Argue about.

stevegmu

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 10, 2013
    6992 kilometers from home...
    I can't remember a vendor I have bought from in the past few years who doesn't use child proof caps. It's a cheap and easy form of liability prevention. Back in the day there was e-liquid I vaped from time to time who didn't use child proof caps. They leaked when I travelled, so haven't bought from them since...

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I can't remember a vendor I have bought from in the past few years who doesn't use child proof caps. It's a cheap and easy form of liability prevention. Back in the day there was e-liquid I vaped from time to time who didn't use child proof caps. They leaked when I travelled, so haven't bought from them since...

Seems like if Someone gets an Something they like in a CRP, that they can just Transfer it to a Non Child Resistant Packaging.

Just Doesn't seem like a Deal Breaker to Me.

Reactions: stevegmu
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread