• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Chimbus ? Nimbus Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlewing6283

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
So Cal
k, got it built

it's true the allen screw comes out fast so make sure dont do it over the sink or somewhere where you can loose it.

juice well is adequate imo. My builds are juice hounds though. I built it with 29g kanthal 3mm silica tripled over. 3/4 wrap. came out to .5 ohms.

I effed up drilling one side is way too low but it doesnt affect it because it is at the o-rings. drilled out to 5/64.

TBH I wasnt expecting much for 6 bucks. Maybe thats why I am pretty happy with it. Works well. MEtal is a little thin for my taste but overall for 6 bucks not bad. Makes dual coils really easy. Stock drip tip is loose, changed out drip tips and im good.

heysteve

Verified Member
oh btw this is not unseating my nimbus anytime soon. Overall build of nimbus is alot more quality. Holes in posts are larger. Anti splatter design I like .

so the chimbus doesn't have the spitback protection that the nimbus has? and also has a smaller juice well than the real one?

PinoyBoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
WA State, USA
Go to an electronic store that sells parts, and see if you can try out some of their screws. I'm gonna visit a computer repair shop tomorrow and look for screws that will fit my dripper (not a chimbus). If you're desperate, just buy a laptop screw pack from ebay for about $5 to $10. Or, you can disassemble your laptop (or any other small electronics) and try to find the right screw for it.

I might order this since I was given an older laptop with missing screws. I have a feeling that my dripper (not a chimbus) *might* be an M2x?mm.

4matic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2011
CA

tardcore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2009
pittsburgh, pa
juicewon, i saw conflicting reports, and currently on fasttech there are 2 very similar looking attys now, one with brass posts and one with SS. also, the one with SS posts seems to have 3 air holes, but all on the same side? anyway, i purchased the v5 that comes with 1 airhole, and received one with SS posts. currently running a .7Ω dual coil setup in it with dual 3/32" air holes. working great on my k100 w/ sanded contacts. though i'm certainly going to be replacing the screws next time i rebuild this, the ....ty set screws they used in this are...well, ....ty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread