China Domestic flights .. vaping devices allowed as check in ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyvaper

Jun 3, 2017
Hi Guys
am a new vaper,
am going for a one week work trip to mainland China via Hong Kong
They don't allow lighters on board , they pulled me out last time , and made me fish it out of check in and throw it
i want to carry my vaping kit to China as otherwise i will be puffing cigarettes like a Chimney there
Any one here had an experience in China ? Do they let u at list check it in on flights as part of check in baggage ?

Thanks
Sammy

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Hello Sammy, have you checked with the specific airline you will be traveling on and the China Civil Aviation Authority?
China Civil Aviation Regulations, Airport Security Check

Here in the states the TSA allows up to 100 ml of liquid(bottle has to be in a zip lock bag) and the batteries(if not an internal battery device )need to be boxed separate from the device in a container were the batteries cannot contact each other or anything else (not like the idiot that put them in their battery charger inside their carryon here in the US).
Htth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

venomwolf

Jun 3, 2017
Ive been to china alot, took my vaping kit along with me once. I kinda regret it.

why? because the airport security almost took them away. Bringing them into the country is not the problem, but taking them out of the country is.

I bring along my gear along with me, battery separated and placed in a safe container. passed the first check but was stopped in the second one. I argued with the security that I was following the right procedure to bring them along.
He didnt care and took the gear away (he let me keep the battery).

Then luckily another security went by and took a quick look at my gear that was taken away, and returned them to me.

But this wasnt a domestic flight so you might experience different, I hope better, situation.

It might be better to just not bring them to avoid problems.

wish you luck! :)

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi Guys
am a new vaper,
am going for a one week work trip to mainland China via Hong Kong
They don't allow lighters on board , they pulled me out last time , and made me fish it out of check in and throw it
i want to carry my vaping kit to China as otherwise i will be puffing cigarettes like a Chimney there
Any one here had an experience in China ? Do they let u at list check it in on flights as part of check in baggage ?
Sammy
Welcome and glad you joined. The information below may help :
Liquids Rule
Pack Safe – Electronic cigarettes, vaping devices
How to take ecig through security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread