China e-juice and Pay pal

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I placed an order for e-juice with h. gifts in China, paid with pay pal, and pp cancelled the order and refunded the money. Just FYI. I did get the shipment of hardware.
You should communicate with the vendor and offer to send the payment again via paypal. It's the honorable thing to do if you got the products and then you can tell us if it went through on the second try with no products tied to the payment. My hunch is the cancellation was not related to vape products but ...

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
I had 2 separate orders. One was just ejuice . I didn't get it, it was never mailed I think because pp did not let it go thru at some point. It was probably pending until pp verified it was ejuice. I can most likely use Visa. HGifts had recommended that I ship the juice separately in case something happens. So it would have cost me $40 instead of $20.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Hasn't PayPal always had a strict policy against it's payment service being used to purchase vaping gear and supplies, isn't that why you don't see U.S. vape vendors offering them as a payment option? I've been able to use PP for some overseas gear/hardware purchases but that's because the vendor also sells many other types of items that aren't vape related.

I've never tried to purchase ejuice from an overseas vendor using PayPal, perhaps that's what flagged the transaction?

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Hasn't PayPal always had a strict policy against it's payment service being used to purchase vaping gear and supplies, isn't that why you don't see U.S. vape vendors offering them as a payment option? I've been able to use PP for some overseas gear/hardware purchases but that's because the vendor also sells many other types of items that aren't vape related.

I've never tried to purchase ejuice from an overseas vendor using PayPal, perhaps that's what flagged the transaction?

It's been country specific until now. With the FDAs ruling that e-cigarette products are now classified as a tobacco product, I expect we'll see Paypal deny pretty much all payments regardless of country.

Reactions: Str8vision

zahzoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
AR, USA
www.myretrolounge.com
I think the PayPal restrictions are US only...

I used to buy a lot from Fasttech and used PayPal but recently went there to buy some coils and the only option they offered for paying was bitcoin... That's a payment service I'm just not comfortable with yet...

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
It's been country specific until now. With the FDAs ruling that e-cigarette products are now classified as a tobacco product, I expect we'll see Paypal deny pretty much all payments regardless of country.

If so that could certainly be problematic for me because I only use PayPal and prepaid gift CCs for online purchases and the prepaid CCs won't work on overseas transactions. However, PayPal isn't really anti tobacco products, just anti vape. The online U.S vendors I buy pipe tobacco and cigars from (to make NETs :)) -all- offer PayPal as a payment option. The names of these vendors leaves absolutely no doubt they are tobacco retailers.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
It has never been against PP policy to use PP for vape gear in any country except for US. I can't see that changing just because US has now deemed it tobacco product since PP has no rules against tobacco products.

You should contact PP and ask them to clarify IMHO Tell them that you are inquiring so that you know what not to use them for in the future.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
PayPal does have a policy regarding tobacco products. Been prohibited for years.

No. They do not have a policy against tobacco. They do have a policy against using them for cigarettes but not for tobacco.

PayPal

I just got a notice of their updates last week and this has not changed. Now that it has been discussed here, it would not surprise me if it gets changed now though.

Note that they do require preapproval for electronic cigarettes in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread