Chinese mod quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

TjNyc

Jun 3, 2014
United States
I've been using an Alien with a pair of Hadaly rda's for a bit now and have been generally happy with the setup. Although the Alien has been a little quirky at times, one of the things that bothered me a bit is that I really need to crank down the Hadaly to make sufficient contact with the center pin of the Alien.

I recently picked up a G-Priv a few days ago -- with this mod, the Hadaly has a quite visible gap between the rda's base and the mod, which is quite annoying. Furthermore, I question the durability of the mod's 510 with the frequent torque placed on the 510 from removing and replacing the RDA's topcap. If the RDA sat flush, at least the torque would be more spread out with contact between the base of the RDA and the mod itself.

Is this just the nature of Chinese mods? I'm almost at the point of just scraping this stuff and picking up a nice dna based mod with a quality (I would hope) 510.

Has this issue plagued anyone else? Could I have just been incredibly unlucky and recieved a poorly QC'd mod twice in a row?

Thanks for your time.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I've been using an Alien with a pair of Hadaly RDA's for a bit now and have been generally happy with the setup. Although the Alien has been a little quirky at times, one of the things that bothered me a bit is that I really need to crank down the Hadaly to make sufficient contact with the center pin of the Alien.

I recently picked up a G-Priv a few days ago -- with this mod, the Hadaly has a quite visible gap between the RDA's base and the mod, which is quite annoying. Furthermore, I question the durability of the mod's 510 with the frequent torque placed on the 510 from removing and replacing the RDA's topcap. If the RDA sat flush, at least the torque would be more spread out with contact between the base of the RDA and the mod itself.

Is this just the nature of Chinese mods? I'm almost at the point of just scraping this stuff and picking up a nice DNA based mod with a quality (I would hope) 510.

Has this issue plagued anyone else? Could I have just been incredibly unlucky and recieved a poorly QC'd mod twice in a row?

Thanks for your time.

Maybe try another manufacture. :2c:
Personally, I do not buy SMOK products. :smokie:

YMMV
I

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    Reactions: puffon

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
    Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    the issue isn't with the alien, it's with the hadaly, they're almost flush with the rest of the center pin casing. instead of blaming the mod made to a standard, blame the tops which range all over. i saw the base of the hadaly and realised it wouldn't work with my squonkers with the way the pin is setup, so i didn't waste my money on something i couldn't use. the alien works fine with all my tanks and rdas, go figure... but not one of them has an almost flush or recessed 510 pin topper...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread