Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Okay - Now has anyone noticed anything . . .
2558.gif

It seems "We" Never Left Home - "We" just had an New Rec Room added on . . .

thWOOHOO-1.gif

Where's the pool table? You can't have a rec room without a pool table. :p

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
:blush: Ah...that's nice to hear. Thank you. :) I wasn't looking for a home when I followed Rave here but it seems I spend more time here than anywhere else and I'm getting to know you guys better everyday so I'll be sticking around until I feel unwanted. :)
You will never feel unwanted. :p Now that more of the oldies are returning from their peregrinations, you will see exactly what I mean.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
You will never feel unwanted. :p Now that more of the oldies are returning from their peregrinations, you will see exactly what I mean.

Thanks 0mg. I'm feeling more at home by the minute but could somebody please turn up the thermostat? I'm freezing. :p

I had to Google that word in red. I didn't know there were wanderer's missing. Marylou is new to me and so is that member that posted that crazy book. :oops:

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Thanks 0mg. I'm feeling more at home by the minute but could somebody please turn up the thermostat? I'm freezing. :p

I had to Google that word in red. I didn't know there were wanderer's missing. Marylou is new to me and so is that member that posted that crazy book. :oops:

Marlou is an old-time Voltvillian, but I don't know who the person was who posted the notice about the book. Anyone know him/her?

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
There are lots of old Voltvillians I still wonder about, even though we haven't heard from them in a long, long time. Rave, do you have any news of Bluesman? And what about Raynes? And I still wonder about Holly. Last time she posted, she said she wasn't feeling well. I hope it wasn't serious, and that's why we never heard from her again. She was always so jolly and so into going to Disney World. And there was another person from way, way back. I forget her name now, but she had an avatar with a dog, and she often referred to herself as if she was a dog. She was very funny. She said she was getting busy and said good-bye, but even though she's probably OK, I still miss her. And remember Vapian, who made the great song about stalking the mailman? What happened to him? Anyone hear from Steel Jan? There are so many I remember and miss!

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
There are lots of old Voltvillians I still wonder about, even though we haven't heard from them in a long, long time. Rave, do you have any news of Bluesman? And what about Raynes? And I still wonder about Holly. Last time she posted, she said she wasn't feeling well. I hope it wasn't serious, and that's why we never heard from her again. She was always so jolly and so into going to Disney World. And there was another person from way, way back. I forget her name now, but she had an avatar with a dog, and she often referred to herself as if she was a dog. She was very funny. She said she was getting busy and said good-bye, but even though she's probably OK, I still miss her. And remember Vapian, who made the great song about stalking the mailman? What happened to him? Anyone hear from Steel Jan? There are so many I remember and miss!

I remember Vapian and loved his song. I still play it now and then and it cracks me up still. LOL! I saw a recent YouTube vid from Steel Jan but she backed off doing vids awhile back due to harrassment. I think she's back now but I haven't seen her post on the forum but then we probably travel in different circles.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
I remember Vapian and loved his song. I still play it now and then and it cracks me up still. LOL! I saw a recent YouTube vid from Steel Jan but she backed off doing vids awhile back due to harrassment. I think she's back now but I haven't seen her post on the forum but then we probably travel in different circles.

I was thinking of Blues the other day when they were playing some Stevie Ray Vaughan songs on the car radio.

Every once in a while, one of you pops into my head, and if you haven't posted here in a while, I wonder about you. As I did about JoAnn this morning -- and then she posted, maybe even about the time I thought of her. I'm glad we heard from her again.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I was thinking of Blues the other day when they were playing some Stevie Ray Vaughan songs on the car radio.

Every once in a while, one of you pops into my head, and if you haven't posted here in a while, I wonder about you. As I did about JoAnn this morning -- and then she posted, maybe even about the time I thought of her. I'm glad we heard from her again.

She must have picked up your psychic vibs. :p

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Good morning, Votville.

The new dog looks a little more relaxed this morning. She is still tucking her tail between her legs and looking uncomfortable but she came over to the kennel for some petting right away this morning.

She shrank away from Rusty but when Rusty and Penny calmly cruised by her, she relaxed a bit.

She also came straight to her food bowl and started eating right away.

I let her out of the kennel and she is now exploring the back yard.

I think once she relaxes, she will be a good dog.

Hubby said she was barking last night. I am hoping that once all these noises get to be more normal for her, she will calm down on the barking. She doesn't seem like a barker but only time will tell.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
It sounds like the new dog is settling in, Lizzie. I think it's not uncommon for it to take some time. She has been wrenched away from all she knows: her former owner, the dog she was a companion to, and a place that's familiar. Think if it was a child how long a situation like that would take for the child to adjust. It's amazing animals are as adaptable as they are, how quickly they can cope with a bunch of major changes like that. Give her plenty of attention and petting, and she'll probably come around quickly. Last night, she may have been barking as much out of loneliness as at any unfamiliar noises.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Today is snowy. The washer repairman isn't coming, and I won't tutor. Hardly anyone is out and about. The trash pickup did happen, though.

A little while ago, the snow decreased, so I decided to take a walk with my camera. Well, almost as soon as I got out there, it picked up. Still, I headed for the golf course, but the going was tough due to the deepness of the snow on the ground. I was huffing and puffing in short order. There were 2 guys out there with snowshoes, and I saw cross-country ski tracks that were old enough that the snow had almost covered them. I got some photos, though. Terry, the first one is the "snowy river," really snowy today! I tried to duplicate the angle of the other photo so you could compare.

Maybe tomorrow when the sun might be out, I'll take a walk again and get a whole different aspect.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Today is snowy. The washer repairman isn't coming, and I won't tutor. Hardly anyone is out and about. The trash pickup did happen, though.

A little while ago, the snow decreased, so I decided to take a walk with my camera. Well, almost as soon as I got out there, it picked up. Still, I headed for the golf course, but the going was tough due to the deepness of the snow on the ground. I was huffing and puffing in short order. There were 2 guys out there with snowshoes, and I saw cross-country ski tracks that were old enough that the snow had almost covered them. I got some photos, though. Terry, the first one is the "snowy river," really snowy today! I tried to duplicate the angle of the other photo so you could compare.

Maybe tomorrow when the sun might be out, I'll take a walk again and get a whole different aspect.

Wow! You did get a lot of snow. How many inches? That snowy river looks so much different now. I didn't know that was taken on a golf course.

Sorry your repairman couldn't make it and you'll miss your birthday party and tutoring. Mother Nature wasn't very nice to you today. ;)

It got pretty cold here last night. I know 28 degrees isn't that cold for some of you but it is for here. It suppose to even get colder at night all week and barely above freezing during the day. There goes my power bill. :cry:

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Wow! You did get a lot of snow. How many inches? That snowy river looks so much different now. I didn't know that was taken on a golf course.

Sorry your repairman couldn't make it and you'll miss your birthday party and tutoring. Mother Nature wasn't very nice to you today. ;)

It got pretty cold here last night. I know 28 degrees isn't that cold for some of you but it is for here. It suppose to even get colder at night all week and barely above freezing during the day. There goes my power bill. :cry:

They were saying 3-5 inches last night, and another 5-8 today. It's not over yet, though again, it looks like it's hardly snowing now. But after last time, when I decided to take a walk and then it started right up again full force, I don't think it's over yet. I think the high today is supposed to be about 28 degrees. Then it's going down to something like 7 tonight. It was probably in the 20s when I took my walk, and trudging through that snow, I was breaking a sweat in my winter coat. My main concern was my camera, which was getting snowed on, even though I tried to cover it with my arms and hands. Anyway, after some of the cold we've had here, temperatures in the mid-20s feels almost like springtime.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Wow, you are snowed in, SandySu.

The new dog is desperate to get out of our yard. I finally called the lady to see if the other people that have the dog's sister would consider taking her. No, it isn't working out there either. So, I said "Can you bring the sister here?" She said she can later today. I told her I was definitely willing to give this a try with the sister here.

When I originally said I would take the dogs I thought they would be together and they would be happy because they had each other. Let's hope this works out.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Wow, you are snowed in, SandySu.

The new dog is desperate to get out of our yard. I finally called the lady to see if the other people that have the dog's sister would consider taking her. No, it isn't working out there either. So, I said "Can you bring the sister here?" She said she can later today. I told her I was definitely willing to give this a try with the sister here.

When I originally said I would take the dogs I thought they would be together and they would be happy because they had each other. Let's hope this works out.

Oh, the poor thing. I bet he is missing his sister. Some bonds are hard to break. I hope it goes well with both dogs together.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Oh, the poor thing. I bet he is missing his sister. Some bonds are hard to break. I hope it goes well with both dogs together.

Me, too. If this dog gets out of the yard, she will be gone. She will not be coming back. She did come right over to me just now, let me put a leash on her and put her back in the kennel but she already got out of the back yard earlier today and I think she will figure out how to get out of the five acres next.

I really think she will do better with her sister here but we shall see.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Me, too. If this dog gets out of the yard, she will be gone. She will not be coming back. She did come right over to me just now, let me put a leash on her and put her back in the kennel but she already got out of the back yard earlier today and I think she will figure out how to get out of the five acres next.

I really think she will do better with her sister here but we shall see.

I sure hope it works out. It's reasonable to expect that the dog will be happier with her sister there. Still, she may be looking for her owner, so maybe you'll have to tie the dogs till they learn that your place is their new home. The best kind of way to tie a dog, I've found, is one of those metal things that screws into the ground and then has a plastic-coated wire cable to fasten between the eye of that and the dog's collar. I had a dog, Maggie, who was fine in the yard when we were home, but if we went away and left her in the yard, she would get out to go find us. We had to tie her like that when we wanted to go anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread