Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Awsum, if I ride at Deb's, she has a mounting block just like it. I'd rather get rid of it. After all, I do have a step stool if I really need something to use to get on, and that folds and is a lot easier to store against the day it's needed. I'm glad Karen wants the mounting block. It works well for both of us.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Trit, you're the fireworks expert. You should be here today. Would you believe there's nowhere in Ithaca that will have professional fireworks tonight? They did them Wednesday at Stewart Park, and Ithaca College did them at commencement. When I was a kid in Philadelphia, they always had fireworks on the 4th!

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Now for the riding report. I'm leasing Maija (pronounced Maya, like the South American group). First, I rode Dixie. She was lame, and I didn't want to have to coddle another chronically lame horse, as I did Penny for years, so then Deb suggested I try Maija. I was leery of the fact that she has to be longed before one rides, but she was very good on the longe line, obviously knew her business, though she did offer a few small bucks when cantering, and once Deb urged her to go faster than I thought was good for that small a circle. Maija was good about grooming and seemed to enjoy the attention. I rode her around the indoor ring, just walk and trot, and she was good, not at all speedy, though the horses all seemed slow today. Probably the humidity, since it's not all that hot. Still, it's warming up a bit from that chilly spell we had. I'll give Maija a try for a month, anyway, then decide. I think she'll be a good horse, and she already knows a little dressage, so maybe I'll take dressage lessons if I can get a good instructor to come out here. Maybe Karen's instructor? I think I'll just ride for a couple of weeks and get a good feel for the mare before thinking about a project like lessons.

Maija is for sale, but I'm not going to buy her, and Deb said if we work out together, maybe she'll take Maija off the market so I don't have to worry about her disappearing.

The lease agreement is that I pay half board, and pay all of the vet and farrier, and Maija probably should have her teeth floated. She had her spring shots, so I don't have to pay for that now.

Do any of you remember the photos and portraits I did of Maija? I guess I should post photos of her again for those who don't remember or didn't see them before.

She's an appendix quarter horse, though I guessed a thoroughbred when I saw her. She's in her teens, maybe about 15. She seems to have had some good training along the way somewhere.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
You know, SandySu, I really don't mind cleaning the horse pen. It's kind of relaxing.

I didn't mind it either. The horses never tried to socialize.
desismileys_4309.gif

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
It has rained all day long from 8am until now and it is still raining. We ate BBQ in the rain, talked in the rain, drove home in the rain...loving every minute of it. 100 degrees yesterday and a brief high of 81 dgrees and now down to 67 degrees at 5:30pm.

It is wonderful not to be frying.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Good morning Lizzie, and the rest of Voltville when y'all wake up lol. Had a good weekend topped off by a fantastic thunder storm last night. Best fireworks ever. Got a bucket full of badly needed rain but it did knock my phone and internet out most of the night. Everything seems to be up and running this morning. The grass is grateful for that rain. I can almost see it growing while I drink coffee. I'd better service the mower while I can still find it. Laterz

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
moanin', Voltatics.

We had a semi-quiet weekend. The tree fiasco started it out. Saturday we went to my daughter's for a 4th/belted Father's Day/belated Birthday party/barbeque. Sunday was spent trying to recover from the tree work and party, LOL. Things are sort of back to, what passes as, normal here. It's kind of humid out but I have the windows open to get some fresh air in here. We've been running AC since last Thursday and it'll be back on, again, before noon. I've got to mow the weeds as well, or the next rain will ruin the crop!

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Well, the old grey stallion ain't what he used to be. My back was sore Saturday night and Sunday but felt fine today. Before I started mowing I had to move the logs from that tree over to my neighbor's wood pile. One of them was a little big, about two feet long and 14 inches in diameter. When I picked it up I felt a twinge. On the way back I hit a bump on the tractor and saw stars.

No mowing today. I'm sitting here wearing, basically, a waspie to hold my back together, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread