Status
Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Thanks, Uncle. The BB editor showed every edit I tried. It still isn't quite right, but I'll take it as is.

I'm a hunt and peck typist, too. What makes it bad is the touchpad on the laptop getting brushed. I've either got to shut it off or make a cover for it.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Yes, that is I holding the onions.

Baskets are super cheap at the thrift store and the sand falls through them so less sand in the produce. Always a good thing.

I type ten finger typing and it is a handy skill to have:)

Last edited:

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Ten-finger typing is fun, and you can start learning today!! Just google for a list of hundreds of places.

My mother FORCED me to take typing at summer school when I was in high school. I will forever be grateful.
Have you ever seen those nerdy gamer freaks type (my nephews)? It's crazy! :shock: Like 100+ wpm!

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Yes, but my yard is a job:)

I can't retire yet, that is for sure. I'm adding up what it will take to have a deck in the back under the shade cover, flooring for the house, a front porch built.....and French doors. I'll be working for a long time!

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Sounds like my list along with the same budget problems. Wouldn't it be great to be like the Government and just print what we need?

There's always the credit card but those banks actually expect us regular people to pay them back.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Yes, but my yard is a job:)

I can't retire yet, that is for sure. I'm adding up what it will take to have a deck in the back under the shade cover, flooring for the house, a front porch built.....and French doors. I'll be working for a long time!
But just make sure you retire soon enough to have time to enjoy all that stuff.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
I clean and rebuild my tanks on an "as needed" basis. Filling them is another "as needed" rotation that depends on which one gets used more. I will say that the combination of rayon wick, titanium coil and temperature control has significantly reduced maintenance. I passed the 200ml mark on that setup earlier this week and it's still performing like the day I built it. The other tanks, with Kanthal and rayon, only go about 100ml before needing work.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I clean and rebuild my tanks on an "as needed" basis. Filling them is another "as needed" rotation that depends on which one gets used more. I will say that the combination of rayon wick, titanium coil and temperature control has significantly reduced maintenance. I passed the 200ml mark on that setup earlier this week and it's still performing like the day I built it. The other tanks, with Kanthal and rayon, only go about 100ml before needing work.
I still vape a lot of sweetener, so rayon has only reduced my maintenance from daily to weekly. Getting envious from all the TC talk everywhere. Nice thing about being too broke to get one now is that they seem to be getting better and cheaper, so by the time I have money to get one, it'll be a really cool mod! (hahaha how's that for rationalizing? :laugh: )

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I still vape a lot of sweetener, so rayon has only reduced my maintenance from daily to weekly. Getting envious from all the TC talk everywhere. Nice thing about being too broke to get one now is that they seem to be getting better and cheaper, so by the time I have money to get one, it'll be a really cool mod! (hahaha how's that for rationalizing? :laugh: )
Works for me.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Hasn't been a good night. Mrs. Awsum went out to the garden to pick green beans and noticed a few holes in the mesh around our blueberry enclosure. I had fixed two holes on Monday that I made with the mower and these were new, a total of four more. So I dug out some left over chicken wire and patched everything up. These critters are getting too aggressive!

When we came in Mrs. Awum went right into the shower. I noticed Bo wasn't acting right. He was very restless and would only lay down for a few seconds, then get up and wander. Then he started "yakking" like he was going to throw up, but didn't. Then he wandered again, very slowly even for him. We tried giving him some Pepcid in chicken and he wouldn't eat it. He has never not eaten anything we've given him. He wouldn't drink, either, just a few laps then nothing.

We took him outside and he wandered and yakked a few more times. So, we took him to the vet. He's in surgery right now and we're waiting for a phone call. He has "the bloat". We can't figure out how his stomach got twisted. Yeah, barrel chested dogs are more prone to it, but it generally happens with a full stomach and heavy exercise. Bo is not a very active dog at all. While we were out working on the blueberry enclosure, after we all had dinner, he sat at the sliding glass door watching us.

The poor guy can't catch a break. This is his third, major, surgery plus he's had a few minor ones along the way, too.

Reactions: Semiretired
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread