Status
Not open for further replies.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Why do you say cold turkey?
It's an expression that means stopping an addiction without any aid. Like just putting down cigarettes without using something to help. We use electronic cigarettes to stop so that's not cold turkey. If we didn't use anything to help it would be. Close as I can come to explaining it.

Tritium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Your nearest hydrogen bomb.
A! No worries, i don't get out much except work and i wear my old timberland pro jacket which covers me (even though i have a stiff neck from yesterdays cold lol was a cold place there).

Yeah it bothered me when i was younger but nothing now. Nothing not even the slightest problem. I either burn everything very efficiently LOL or the kefir thing does it's job but i remember it didn't affect me earlier too.
Too bad i was in the mood for some music this weekend.

Tritium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
It's an expression that means stopping an addiction without any aid. Like just putting down cigarettes without using something to help. We use electronic cigarettes to stop so that's not cold turkey. If we didn't use anything to help it would be. Close as I can come to explaining it.
Whenever an English speaking person says it i always imagine a turkey wearing a cap and boots :D

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Hey people!
How was your thanksgiving? :)

My jacket is here!!
12305946_10207579192695668_1901020413_n.jpg

Me is happy :w00t:
Me test outside for cold, not very efficient but anyway, looks good.

You can always wear a long sleeve shirt but you look good in that jacket and that is what really counts:)

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Our food orgy was a success and talking politics after dinner went fairly smoothly. I have different opinions than most of the family. These get togethers are difficult for me.

I got most of my Christmas shopping done yesterday morning. One present for Uncle Cal, one for me, one present for Uncle John, one for me.....etc. I got really practical stuff like a vacuum cleaner on super sale and I got Hubby rag wool socks that he wants and a wedgie pillow for snoring. I'll try to come up with something else a little more fun but we will see.

Our big Christmas present is a puppy:)

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Whenever an English speaking person says it i always imagine a turkey wearing a cap and boots :D
I have no clue where the expression came from. Just heard it all my life.
I have read that people withdrawing from opiates get bumps on their skin from follicle muscles even being in a state of tension. Thus resembling the skin of a plucked turkey. "Goosebumps" is therefore related, from fright.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Yes i was bored to put a shirt on. I don't think the colors i have are suitable (plus i don't have many)

How are you Lizzie ? How does your little "thing" do?

My little puppy is still cuter than a bug. We have to wait another week to see him open his eyes.

Tritium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
YAY puppies!! I love dogs. I have a recent 4 hole bite mark on my wrist from a cat.:D

Lizzie choose http://i.imgur.com/blEcWvd.jpg
EXCEPT the left pink (keeping it for historic reasons but i might give it away) and the other brown-black the most right shirts only are casual till the black with the dark purple stripes. The other ones are more like dress shirts.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
YAY puppies!! I love dogs. I have a recent 4 hole bite mark on my wrist from a cat.:D

Lizzie choose http://i.imgur.com/blEcWvd.jpg
EXCEPT the left pink (keeping it for historic reasons but i might give it away) and the other brown-black the most right shirts only are casual till the black with the dark purple stripes. The other ones are more like dress shirts.

I like them all. The plaids remind me of Western Wear:) Hubby has several.

Tritium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Those two and the black with the stripes are new given to me by my aunt :D
The most right ones are from my last paycheck in September.
The pink one is from a girlfriend but i don't wear pink.
I think i had a white and a light blue one but i have no idea what happened with them. Haven't worn a shirt like these for LONG time.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Geez, 18 degrees out with a predicted high of 31. It is supposed to be 10 degrees overnight for the next 3 nights. I better check the well cozy and make sure the well is fully covered.

The wood stove is keeping us nice and toasty!

Your aunt has good taste:) Trit.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Don't feel bad about the shirts, Tritium. All I've worn for a long, long, time is sweat shirts and t-shirts although I did break down and put on a Henley with a pocket for the food orgy yesterday. And, yes, I also wore pants and shoes, LOL.

We're supposed to get up around 70 today, Lizzie, but those temps aren't that far in the future for us here, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread