Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Welllll ... here's my update: I went to see my doctor and all of those tests for infection came up negative. He said that he's never seen an MRI like mine and is baffled. As a last ditch effort, he ordered a three phase bone scan for me, which I had yesterday. It was sort of an all day procedure. They had to take a full scan before they did anything and then they shot me up with radioactive material and took another full scan. After that, they sent me away for three hours with orders to drink tons of water. I took my daughter out to lunch to kill time. She deserves it for all of the chauffeuring that she's done this week. Four trips to Indianapolis in one week! When we got back to the hospital, they did a final scan. This one took much longer. For parts of the scan I could see a screen that showed the radioactive bits glowing in my system. After the test was done, I told the tech that I saw a big blob that was sparkling like a psychopathic Christmas tree. He grinned and said "Wellll ... that would be your bladder". LOL

The test results should be available on Monday. My doc says that if they can't find any infection, then it just about has to be an MS thing. It will be time to take things up with my neurologist. I really didn't want to hear that. It means that what looks like infection all along my spine is actually MS damage. That scares the heck outta me.
Prayers and hugs Rave. I am thinking of you.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Im glad it made you smile :) its pretty funny, and I just let her do it....because I enjoy watching her ride on the shovel! The first time she did it to my Husband.....he said my name like I was in trouble....lol....he said there was no way he could shovel with a chicken riding on the handle! Haha I will try to get a picture of it next time. She used to do it every time I used the shovel when she was younger, and before her sister (I used to call them twins) died they both would ride on the shovel together.

Too funny!

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Lizzie, WiseGuy only has 35 pounds on Bo. One of our neighbors has horses and Bo is always curious/skittish when they're out in their pasture and we walk by. He goes over and sniffs but keeps a "careful" distance. I do wonder how he'd react with a horse the size of WiseGuy.

Uncle and Ducky, I always worry about Nexium and Prilosec type solutions. There have been some recent reports about side effects, long term usage, which makes me wonder about them. Gaviscon is an instant "neutralizer" rather than stopping acid production. An old school solution but relatively side effect free. Whatever works for you is the best solution though.

I'd like to see Bo and Wiseguy side by side. That would be so funny.

Did I say it was too awful to go outside. Well, I went out anyway and did poop patrol and a little weeding.

I also did some vacuuming and got the dishes done so at least I am keeping my promise to myself to work on the house today, as well.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Holy cow, RAven, definitely take this up with your neurologist. I hope they can figure things out for you and soon.

Good morning, Voltpeeps.

Duckey, I cleaned my ponds earlier this season. I have to use the word pond loosely since we have one 50 gallon and one 100 gallon plastic pond features but even though they are not pond size, we like to call them the pond. The weather sucks today so maybe I will finally put up a photo of the new water race for the back pond. I'm definitely not working outside.

The weather for the horse drive looks pretty dicey for tomorrow. Don't know if we will do it. The wind is supposed to be doing 30mph tomorrow morning.

I am so excited. We got our first hummingbird yesterday. Good thing I had the hummingbird feeders sitting on the counter to get washed.

So, I am supposed to be saving up for a roof but....I couldn't resist a couple of plants this year. I got two clematis, one hops vine, a couple of tomato plants and a package of Wave petunias sitting in a tub and going in and out of the house every morning and evening.

I ordered 5 honey locust and two northern catalpa trees. Small and cheap but I can't figure out if they have shipped them or not. I may have to call them.

High Country Gardens is claiming that desert willows will grow in my area so I ordered 4 different colors. I have a feeling I will have to mulch and they will die back in a cold winter but they are claiming they will be small trees. We shall see. They have the most beautiful flowers and the hummers love them. In addition I got one agastache and one pine leaf penstemon.

Considering that I am a gardening-aholic, I didn't go too overboard.

I love ponds :) Yours sound pretty cool! My ponds are small ponds. We have several springs on our property...and when I say several I mean about 12! Lol some are bigger while some are just small ones. These are just the ones closest to the house. There are even more throughout the property. I have tracked all the ones near the house back to where they come out at, and we have piped some or ditched them to flow where we want/need them to. The springs run constantly during Sprong and into summer, but they just trickle towards the end of summer. My Husband has a little pump for one of the ponds that he is supposed to install to keep the water moving for when the springs slow down, but he has not put it in yet. He wants to make a waterfall above the pond with it. Our 2 small ponds are below the 2 biggest springs. The ducks also have a "duck bath" located below a spring. The ducks love them :)
It sounds you are going to have some pretty gardening this year!

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
AND - Might I suggest "Nexium" (the other meds mentioned never worked for "Me"), however most of these over the counter meds are only half the dosage of a prescription you might get from a doctor . . . YMMV . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

PLEASE Be Careful, especially since that is what I thought for the past few years and as "You" know it has turned out to be something else . . . Just a thought . . . :facepalm:
Thank you! I will check into Nexium! The one I am taking now is working, but once my prescription runs out I will be trying the prilosec. I am hoping since I am taking a generic for it right now that the prilosec will work just as good. I added Nexium to the list :) I figure it will be nice to have backups if the prilosec does not work out.
I had an ekg done, and a chest xray done last year. Everything was great, and they said my lungs were great too. Which was a relief! I was so scared wjen I had that going on...

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Hey guys i hope you get some positive results soon.

btw it's Easter here so..... HAPPY EASTER AGAIN!! :D

You can't have too many holidays:) Happy Easter to you, too. I hope you aren't going with the traditional Portuguese Easter dinner of watery soup with mint in it. Nasty.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
moanin', Volties.

I hope Rave, Uncle and Mrs. Wuzz are starting to do better and better. Getting sick or older just ain't the fun it used to be.

No no no it's way better here.

We kill everything that moves and roast it over an open fire. :D :D

Here in the States we call that tailgating.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Holy cow, RAven, definitely take this up with your neurologist. I hope they can figure things out for you and soon.

Good morning, Voltpeeps.

Duckey, I cleaned my ponds earlier this season. I have to use the word pond loosely since we have one 50 gallon and one 100 gallon plastic pond features but even though they are not pond size, we like to call them the pond. The weather sucks today so maybe I will finally put up a photo of the new water race for the back pond. I'm definitely not working outside.

The weather for the horse drive looks pretty dicey for tomorrow. Don't know if we will do it. The wind is supposed to be doing 30mph tomorrow morning.

I am so excited. We got our first hummingbird yesterday. Good thing I had the hummingbird feeders sitting on the counter to get washed.

So, I am supposed to be saving up for a roof but....I couldn't resist a couple of plants this year. I got two clematis, one hops vine, a couple of tomato plants and a package of Wave petunias sitting in a tub and going in and out of the house every morning and evening.

I ordered 5 honey locust and two northern catalpa trees. Small and cheap but I can't figure out if they have shipped them or not. I may have to call them.

High Country Gardens is claiming that desert willows will grow in my area so I ordered 4 different colors. I have a feeling I will have to mulch and they will die back in a cold winter but they are claiming they will be small trees. We shall see. They have the most beautiful flowers and the hummers love them. In addition I got one agastache and one pine leaf penstemon.

Considering that I am a gardening-aholic, I didn't go too overboard.

I love hearing about your gardening adventures, Lizzie! The younguns are doing that here too. I purchased another 5 acres adjoining my land that will eventually be my son's via a Land Contract. They just bought a bunch of fruit trees (cherry, peach, pear, apple, etc.) and are creating their own orchard. They also made a raised bed for tomatoes and other veggies too. It's been raining cats and dogs here, but they've been planting them in the rain anyhow. Tough younguns.

My hummingbirds have just arrived too and a ton of orioles and rose-breasted grosbeaks. It's wonderful to hear the familiar songs of the wood thrush (love that song the most), the scarlet tanagers, and all of the returning migrants. Spring has arrived in spades!

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
I love hearing about your gardening adventures, Lizzie! The younguns are doing that here too. I purchased another 5 acres adjoining my land that will eventually be my son's via a Land Contract. They just bought a bunch of fruit trees (cherry, peach, pear, apple, etc.) and are creating their own orchard. They also made a raised bed for tomatoes and other veggies too. It's been raining cats and dogs here, but they've been planting them in the rain anyhow. Tough younguns.

My hummingbirds have just arrived too and a ton of orioles and rose-breasted grosbeaks. It's wonderful to hear the familiar songs of the wood thrush (love that song the most), the scarlet tanagers, and all of the returning migrants. Spring has arrived in spades!

Our orioles aren't here yet but I have the jelly in the cupboard for them.

Right now I think I have one black chin hummer but more will follow and we will have at least 20 or 30 by the end of summer. They are hard to count. Could be more.

I love spring, temps are reasonable, a little too windy but that keeps the bugs away, way too much to do:)

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
I love ponds :) Yours sound pretty cool! My ponds are small ponds. We have several springs on our property...and when I say several I mean about 12! Lol some are bigger while some are just small ones. These are just the ones closest to the house. There are even more throughout the property. I have tracked all the ones near the house back to where they come out at, and we have piped some or ditched them to flow where we want/need them to. The springs run constantly during Sprong and into summer, but they just trickle towards the end of summer. My Husband has a little pump for one of the ponds that he is supposed to install to keep the water moving for when the springs slow down, but he has not put it in yet. He wants to make a waterfall above the pond with it. Our 2 small ponds are below the 2 biggest springs. The ducks also have a "duck bath" located below a spring. The ducks love them :)
It sounds you are going to have some pretty gardening this year!

Wow, you have a nice amount of springs on your property. I vow to get a photo of the water race up for you to see Ducky. It adds a nice sound and a lot of life to the backyard.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Wow, you have a nice amount of springs on your property. I vow to get a photo of the water race up for you to see Ducky. It adds a nice sound and a lot of life to the backyard.
I would love to see the water race! Its sounds beautiful, and the sound it makes is probably so relaxing.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Aloha Voltville.
Hey guys i hope you get some positive results soon.

btw it's Easter here so..... HAPPY EASTER AGAIN!! :D
We went to a Greek Easter Fest at a Greek family's house here one year. The husband was a chef and prepared food I'd never heard of. Talk about a lot of awesome food and fellowship. We Americans should take lessons on how to celebrate. Never been to anything quite like before or since. Wish they hadn't moved away. Hope everybody had a great weekend. DW gets infusion tomorrow and the results of the scan they did over a week ago.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
They just bought a bunch of fruit trees (cherry, peach, pear, apple, etc.) and are creating their own orchard. They also made a raised bed for tomatoes and other veggies too. It's been raining cats and dogs here, but they've been planting them in the rain anyhow. Tough younguns.
Now why does this not surprise me.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Aloha Voltville.

We went to a Greek Easter Fest at a Greek family's house here one year. The husband was a chef and prepared food I'd never heard of. Talk about a lot of awesome food and fellowship. We Americans should take lessons on how to celebrate. Never been to anything quite like before or since. Wish they hadn't moved away. Hope everybody had a great weekend. DW gets infusion tomorrow and the results of the scan they did over a week ago.

Praying for good results back on the scan from last week, and that the infusion goes well.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
The new water race is a culvert pipe we cut in half. Cost us $81 and will last a long time!

So much to get done but at least I did accomplish caulking the new door frame, cleaning the horse pen, weeding.

Hubby is much in demand to do things for the neighbor's as well as having plenty to do around here. I'm hoping he gets motivated to finish the back door as we need the sill, the insulating strip and we need to put up the brickmold and the inside trim. I have to stain the trim and the sill in a little while.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread