Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Good post 3mg. Very talented and definitely gave Uncle a run for top moving icon thingeys.

Uncle, Happy Birthday to you!!!!!

I'm glad Bo is eating. Maybe he was just having an off day, awsum.

Thanks for the compliment on the yard, Ducky.

Good morning, Voltville.

Hubby and I got the door done. The oak door sill is in and the insulation has been installed. We do still have to put the oak trim on the inside and I need to buy and install the outside trim. I also have the tedious job of getting the plastic off nine window panes inside and outside. That's going to take a razor blade. Still the hard part is done. The insulation strip makes the door hard to close so we are leaving the door closed for a few days to make the vinyl conform to its proper shape.

I have a cleaning job later today. I think I will move a couple of pine trees this morning. They are getting smothered by some buffalo berries.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
blushing-1.gif
THANKS - Everyone . . . I do appreciate all the Birthday wishes & "GOOD VIBES" too . . . :thumbs:

AND - Here is to @cindycated . . . ❉♥PARTY ROOM!♥❉ The Voltie Vaperversary Party Thread

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
'moanin, Voltaticalytes.

Wuzz, that's encouraging news. I hope that trend continues and accelerates in the positive direction.

Kia, Rave and Uncle, hope you're all mending, or at least getting on the road to mending.

The weather here has been really crappy. Definitely no "three feet of sunshine", to say the least. We haven't gotten over 60 all week and no sunshine in days. At least two more days of this soup. It isn't raining all the time, but it never dries out either. Everybody is aching and groaning from it as well. Maybe Saturday afternoon we'll finally see some sunshine.

The ramp, for Bo, should get here today. I'm going to try to get him used to walking on it, flat, in the house so he's comfortable with it, then move it outside to the side steps to get him used to it as a ramp before trying it to get him into the Jeep. Treats should help a lot with that, LOL.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Good morning, Voltpeeps.

So happy you made it to the forum, Uncle.

A ramp is a good idea, awsum.

I did some weeding due to expected thunderstorms later today. You can't weed too much.

I then ran to Dayton in the big truck which Hubby graciously got fixed recently. I got the last wooden swing chair. It is a two seater and It went on super sale so I was worried when I saw that yesterday. I couldn't figure out if they had some left in the back of the store or not since the gal seemed to be on her break and I had to leave. So, I took a chance this morning that there would still be one left. I had to take the demo model from out front but I got it!!!!

Stylish, sturdy and pretty comfy and on sale. I'm soooo happy:)

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
In case anyone here hasn't heard, yet, the FDA has released their "deeming" regulations on vaping products, and it isn't good. Essentially everything we use today will become "illegal" once they go into effect unless it existed prior to 2007, liquids, tanks and mods.

Tritium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Your nearest hydrogen bomb.
As taken from a comment:
"The FDA is only going to enforce the regulations for the complete vaping product. So each battery manufacturer, glass vial manufacturer, etc. would not need to submit an application. However, e-liquid manufacturers do have to submit a PMTA for each of their flavors. Each flavored e-liquid would have to be tested with a variety of devices to determine the chemical constituents and safety profile of the aerosol. Batteries are also part of the regulated product, but need to be addressed as part of the overall PMTA for that device.?

Buy batteries, mod pieces, chemicals, atomizer pieces seperate and vape.
It applies to a complete product LOL, a battery isn't that, nor half a mod or a case. :D

You need to use one of your nuclear weapons on the FDA headquarters seriously.....
It will help the nuclear program from disarming one more weapon and will do some actual good to the American society.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
You have to remember their intentions are good, so what they're doing HAS to be good. From a cynics viewpoint, BT wrote the regulations and paid for the whole thing.

I'll probably be fine, but the thing that gets me is a bunch of bureaucrats can control an entire industry with no real input from those who will be effected the most.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
My point being that the average citizen, even millions f them, have no influence over these appointed pocket-liners. Money is the only thing that influences them and where the most money comes from gets the favorable treatment. I think the Founding Fathers are spinning in their graves.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
I heard this on the radio news tonight, and wondered what it will do to e-cigs as we know them. They had pro and con people speaking, and the pro people said it would put a lot of the small businesses out of business because they wouldn't have money to meet the regulations. They also mentioned how this is a safer alternative to smoking cigarettes. The con people said how e-cigs, especially candy flavors, are luring younger people into nicotine addiction, and there are e-cig ads on TV that remind us of the Marlboro Man commercials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread