Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
JoAnn, you should think about a Min Pin. They are perpetual two year olds and a forever puppy. They are busy little dogs and will keep you laughing at their antics. They are very good watch dogs because they love to talk. Read up on them first, as they are a handful and not suited for everyone. All of them have a different personality, but some of the character traits stay with the breed. You will need lots of blankets all over your couch and chairs as they love to snuggle and burrow.

Min Pins love to walk and run, so you'll always have a friend to walk with.

Hello every one, those that remember me.
I remember you. Hope you're doing well now.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
I've been down as far as almost fifteen feet and no clay, just sand. If water does happen to pool in a really heavy rain it's gone before the rain stops.
That clay soil is great for sealing around the rocks to hold water in, and its not harmful to my duck! Lol Our ground is great about not holding pools of water on top. It was raining when I took those pictures earlier, and it was doing pretty good for raining nonstop since last night. My Husband is going to pipe some of the springs and bury the pipe so they dont run on top of the ground anymore eventually.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Ya know, Wuzz, there is always that security angle. Bo was a great early warning system and who, in their right mind, would even consider trying to rob the place with a 165 pound, tooth equipped, guided missile inside?

There is the local guy I found, but we both want to take a look before we even seriously consider getting a pup or juvenile from him. Bo did have some physical problems but his temperament was beyond reproach which is a big plus for the pup from the same breeder, even if she's in SC. We'll see, it's still kind of early yet and we're still both kind of recovering.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
That puppy is very handsome, awsum. It is a tough decision.

Tail, I do remember you but refresh my memory. Where do you live?

I bought four expanded metal bistro chairs at Costco. Expanded metal doesn't blow over in the wind and they were getting low on their inventory so I decided I better just go for it. $22 a piece.

I got the bench at Cal RAnch.

I went ahead and got the cool rocking chairs made of logs and matching the nice swing we purchased. Those chairs are so comfortable and I just couldn't say no. I saw the same chairs in a darker color for ten more dollars at Cal RAnch.

Every piece I bought today will last for years.

I am going to enjoy sitting in my yard this year!

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Ducky - I think your springs are incredible. Around here it is sand, pure sand, dunes of sand:) The good news is that it is really easy to plant trees and shrubs since there isn't a single rock.
I love the springs :) To be honest...I love digging around in them....lol I guess I just like getting dirty! Lol We have some areas in our yard that are very rocky when you get so far down. I bet it is so easy planting in sand!

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
'moanin, Voltaticalytes.

Tiburonfirst posted this in another thread I watch and it is, at least, a small glimmer of hope -

Majority Media | Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Committee | Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Committee

If you'd like to say "thanks" to the esteemed(?) elected representatives here's a link for that -

Contact | Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Committee

Amazing, I sent a short thank you message and managed to point out that nicotine by itself is not nearly as addictive a people like to think and that the British medical professionals say it is 95 percent safer than smoking.

Good morning, Voltpeeps.

I am stiff and sore today!!! Still, lots to do and less time to do it. It is supposed to be pretty windy later so I need to chip away at my list early today.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Good moring, Voltpeeps.

Hope everyone went to CAASA for the action updates. I signed the petition. I am not hopeful but maybe when the members Congress realize their states are making money from the sales tax from the gazillions of dollars spent on vaping, they will see the light.

RAven - I'm still thinking about you kid. Hoping you are improving with your going off the drug you were on.

Awsum - Still thinking about that adorable puppy?

We have a few hummers. The party really starts later in the summer when the migrants are heading home, I think.

I put up an oriole feeder and so far it has been totally ignored. I even bought some oranges, hoping to lure them in. They like feeding from the hummingbird feeders but they did eat the grape jelly last year so I am not sure what is up with that.

I put in three agastache which I have tried before and they died. So far, they are alive!!!!!

I also bought 4 desert willows. High Country Gardens claims they will live here. Worth a try since they are a Western plant and the flowers are stunning and the hummers love them.

I got three zones on timers yesterday. I also got the irrigation in the "island" in the driveway redone with half inch drip tubing instead of the old style 1/4 inch line with drippers.

I got the entire backyard picked up [mostly]. It seems that we had quite a bit of stuff to put away so I spent a lot of time walking in circles from the backyard to the side shed to the garage to the back long shed to the backyard, ad nauseum.

I put out my new bistro chairs but I still have to put the new wooden rocking chairs together.

I'm trying not to wear myself out so even though I have a list, I am taking plenty of breaks today. Since it is windy and a bit chilly, it is hard to sit outside on my patio so I am viewing the world from my windows.

Last edited:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
'moanin, Voltiatics. (still moaning here for a few minutes anyway)

That Agastache looks nice, Lizzie. I'll show it to Mrs. Awsum 'cause she likes the hummers, too, and it would look nice in a couple of places in our yard. Give some visual relief to the weed crop.

We decided not to get that pup. Mrs. Awsum was worried about being able to see him at night and tripping over him in the dark. I kind of think he'd stand out as a darker outline but you never know. That breeder will be having another litter in the fall though. We're also going to have a look at the breeder here in NJ, one never knows. We both prefer the fawn or red color and have found them in white or light grey as well. Very striking in the light colors. There's also a brindle, which I call mottled, and a mix of fawn/red with white that makes them look like a short haired Saint Bernard.

I've been sending emails, daily, signed that petition and took that survey again. I do wonder who wrote the questions in that survey and if they ever used cigarettes or vaped. Talk about a clueless viewpoint! Then there was the use of tense in a lot of the questions that bothered me. I got the overall feeling that they were looking for a specific result from the survey and that the result isn't what we might want it to be.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
'moanin, Voltgasms.

It's a cloudy day that promises to get pretty soggy later. I'm busy, inside, doing laundry, making burgers out of chopped meat I picked up yesterday, filling and re-building tanks and working on building yet another mod. Got to make sure we have plenty of stuff for vapemageddeon. (or however you spell it)

I hope Rave is doing better, at least a little better, and things are improving for Mrs. Wuzz.

Off to have breakfast, ham and cheese omelet with a bagel.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Good morning, Voltmaniacs.

I might come to your house for dinner, awsum.

Brindle is one of my favorite mastiff colors.

Gotta work today. It is a chilly 36 degrees out there. I'm just glad it didn't get any colder. They are threatening us with 33 degrees overnight tonight. That is worrisome! I have beautiful plants and trees growing. I hope nothing gets frost bitten.

After my cleaning job, I am going into town to go to the bank, have lunch and shop for a couple of plants. I really, really want a weigala and I didn't buy it when I saw it in town. I also saw an ornamental hops vine and I want it and I didn't buy that when I saw it either. Also, now that I have the shade cover, I might be able to grow some impatiens in pots.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    UGH! Hi volties!
    I'm exhausted. Been tending to my garden. Don't remember if I've told y'all. I planted 6 mater plants, a row of squash, a cucumber patch (Used an area where a stump was and a 'island' of weeds grew up there and fiance cleaned it up early this spring), a row of okra, two rows of bush beans, 2 rows of assorted onions (bag of red, yellow and white bulbs. 210 of them ) and a row of taters. Then I planted some leftover onion bulbs in a few planters and about 3 days ago decided to plant a couple more (huge) planters of okra.
    Between all that I've been running all over the place trying to find someone around here to help haul a Huskee Lawn Tractor (lawn mower) home. Finally got it home yesterday. I'm so tired. Then my mom called me this morning to ask about clothes and such for a trip to florida. Fiance and I are going on our first vacation together (even tho we are going with my mama)!!!!

Lord knows we need a vacation!

I hope everyone is doing well and I am thinking of you all constantly. :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Tritium

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 12, 2013
    Your nearest hydrogen bomb.
    Oh and forgot to mention; I went frog huntin' last night. We got the pretty green tree frogs that like to cling to the house after it rains and bullfrogs in the back yard. Found two... then fell in a hole. My leg is sore today but oh well I had fun!

:D :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread