Not open for further replies.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
That's a lot of pages, 3M.
Otherwise it would be about a thousand. I had to make a decision on the scope, and I know my decision was right. I set it aside because I felt overwhelmed with the work involved in the rewrite. The idea matured in my subconscious, and by the time I got started, it went quickly.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Otherwise it would be about a thousand. I had to make a decision on the scope, and I know my decision was right. I set it aside because I felt overwhelmed with the work involved in the rewrite. The idea matured in my subconscious, and by the time I got started, it went quickly.

Nice!

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Good morning, Voltpeeps.

We went to Fernley to pick up an outdoor dog kennel yesterday. Every year, during the BBQ, I worry that a dog will get run over in the parking area or a dog will get out the open gate. I talked it over with Hubby and we decided that, financially, it made sense. After all, if a dog gets hurt, it could easily cost far more than the $350 we would spend on the kennel. Not to mention the heartache of having an injured or dead dog. It will also keep the dogs out of the trash and away from people's food. I think it will be nice in the future to cage them up when we have strangers or delivery/repair people over as well.

It was mostly cloudy yesterday but the sun was winning for a time and it hit 100 degrees briefly. Then, as we were putting together the new 5'x10' dog kennel, we started hearing thunder from several directions. By the time we were putting on the shade cover top, all hades broke loose and it rained like the dickens. Not much thunder and lightening so I sat under my shade cover on the completed deck and enjoyed the show. I was thinking that Raven would love that.

The temperature cooled down to 74 degrees and we got about 1/2 an inch of rain in pounding bands of rain. The rain tapered off and had just about quit when Wiseguy and Pony started running around their pen bucking and chasing each other. So cute.

I got busy right away cleaning the goat pen. So much nicer after a rain, keeps the dust down. I noticed a huge black cloud and several miles away I could see flames above the tree tops. Absolutely incredible. A house burned down and apparently a car caught on fire. Then, trees started burning. There is talk of arson but that is just a rumor. I got two wheel barrow loads of goat duff out of their pen. I quit just in time since Brownie was trying to eat my shirt, my boots and my skirt as I was finishing up. Bad goat!

It stayed cloudy and 80 or so degrees for the rest of the day and we got lots done. The horseshoe pits are ready for play. The backyard golden honey locust is trimmed so we can sit under it. The pens and the water trough are clean. Yeah, the horse pen is an ongoing project. The house is looking pretty good.

Definitely need to clean the bathroom and put up the new shower curtain. Maybe today. I'm hoping to just have a bit of cleaning to do on Sunday before the guests arrive. More poop patrol in the areas where guests might be. Put up the volleyball net. Lots to do and less time to do it.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Good morning, Voltpeeps.

We went to Fernley to pick up an outdoor dog kennel yesterday. Every year, during the BBQ, I worry that a dog will get run over in the parking area or a dog will get out the open gate. I talked it over with Hubby and we decided that, financially, it made sense. After all, if a dog gets hurt, it could easily cost far more than the $350 we would spend on the kennel. Not to mention the heartache of having an injured or dead dog. It will also keep the dogs out of the trash and away from people's food. I think it will be nice in the future to cage them up when we have strangers or delivery/repair people over as well.

It was mostly cloudy yesterday but the sun was winning for a time and it hit 100 degrees briefly. Then, as we were putting together the new 5'x10' dog kennel, we started hearing thunder from several directions. By the time we were putting on the shade cover top, all hades broke loose and it rained like the dickens. Not much thunder and lightening so I sat under my shade cover on the completed deck and enjoyed the show. I was thinking that Raven would love that.

The temperature cooled down to 74 degrees and we got about 1/2 an inch of rain in pounding bands of rain. The rain tapered off and had just about quit when Wiseguy and Pony started running around their pen bucking and chasing each other. So cute.

I got busy right away cleaning the goat pen. So much nicer after a rain, keeps the dust down. I noticed a huge black cloud and several miles away I could see flames above the tree tops. Absolutely incredible. A house burned down and apparently a car caught on fire. Then, trees started burning. There is talk of arson but that is just a rumor. I got two wheel barrow loads of goat duff out of their pen. I quit just in time since Brownie was trying to eat my shirt, my boots and my skirt as I was finishing up. Bad goat!

It stayed cloudy and 80 or so degrees for the rest of the day and we got lots done. The horseshoe pits are ready for play. The backyard golden honey locust is trimmed so we can sit under it. The pens and the water trough are clean. Yeah, the horse pen is an ongoing project. The house is looking pretty good.

Definitely need to clean the bathroom and put up the new shower curtain. Maybe today. I'm hoping to just have a bit of cleaning to do on Sunday before the guests arrive. More poop patrol in the areas where guests might be. Put up the volleyball net. Lots to do and less time to do it.
I was thinking as many improvements as you are constantly making to your property, you must have tripled the value over the years. Do you have any before and after pictures? How long have you lived there?

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
I was thinking as many improvements as you are constantly making to your property, you must have tripled the value over the years. Do you have any before and after pictures? How long have you lived there?

We have lived here just over 11 years. The property has not tripled in value but I am hoping we could sell it for what we have into it:) The values dropped so much in 2008? that we were valued at less than half what we paid for it so things are getting better. The improvements are more about us [and our critters] living decently than value but we have tried to make sure the improvements make sense financially.

The home values are at least going up some now.

I will have to find an old photo and take a couple of new ones. The difference is amazing.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
I don't know if Imagine is still around.

Good morning, Voltmaniacs.

Need to pull it together early and go do paperwork for this darn group I am in. No one has gotten back to me. They mentioned discussing the water commission info at our next meeting on September 8 but I have no announcement about who might be going this Friday. Probably no one. Geez.

Finally cooling off a bit again to 91 projected high today.

Got the volleyball net up yesterday. That's progress.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
'moanin, Voltizens.

Last I heard about Imagine, and this is about three years ago, she was running the SI store here in Hoboken. Haven't seen any sign of her since.

We're on day three of spectacular weather. Low, for us, humidity and temps in the mid 80's. Unfortunately, I haven't had any motivation to work outside, which is dumb, 'cause it's going to get hot and sticky again by Friday and through the weekend.

I gave up on the idea of "cutting the cable". The Roku box worked fine but the lack of certain services made it less than equal to regular cable. I don't mind paying for content, but the services/channels we want are just not available. Another thing was we were watching movies on Sunday on IFC. They cut to commercial, very normal, then Sling, the actual streaming service, cut in with "local" commercials just like cable does. Problem was they would stall and chatter. What made it worse was that after that commercial break, the movie did the same thing. I think there's still a little way to go before streaming service equals cable service. If you just want movies on demand there's plenty of sources for that at the same price without getting into streaming, all it takes is a "smart" TV.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I gave up on the idea of "cutting the cable". The Roku box worked fine but the lack of certain services made it less than equal to regular cable. I don't mind paying for content, but the services/channels we want are just not available.

I use cable and Netflix - only go to Netflix when there is nothing on TV, which on somedays is all day...

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
I finally got an email from our president [in response to my email asking the vice president if he was going]. The president wants the link to the online viewing but urges all members to attend the meeting in Carson City. So, I asked 'I haven't seen an email requesting members to attend. Is an email going out?'

I'm so disappointed in this group. I thought there were people that understood water law in the group and they would help us understand what is going on in the legislature. Instead, I have links from the local Peeps group on Facebook that are giving me reams of links to info I am going to have to read and interpret myself. Our group has put out not one word to the public. Geez.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
I finally got an email from our president [in response to my email asking the vice president if he was going]. The president wants the link to the online viewing but urges all members to attend the meeting in Carson City. So, I asked 'I haven't seen an email requesting members to attend. Is an email going out?'

I'm so disappointed in this group. I thought there were people that understood water law in the group and they would help us understand what is going on in the legislature. Instead, I have links from the local Peeps group on Facebook that are giving me reams of links to info I am going to have to read and interpret myself. Our group has put out not one word to the public. Geez.

In a case like this, maybe you should read the stuff and interpret it and condense it for the group, asking the experts to check your message for accuracy and understanding before it goes out. It sounds like a group where everyone expects others to do the work, and they can just ride along. Someone's got to do the work, and if no one else is, it may have to be you.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
In a case like this, maybe you should read the stuff and interpret it and condense it for the group, asking the experts to check your message for accuracy and understanding before it goes out. It sounds like a group where everyone expects others to do the work, and they can just ride along. Someone's got to do the work, and if no one else is, it may have to be you.
There are no experts to check my work but I will do my best. It looks like the group finally rallied and at least some people will be showing up from the board and the group. We shall see.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Lizzie, I hope you have a decent, not frustrating, meeting. Sandy's idea is good but somehow I get the opinion that you'll never hear back after you get it together. On the other hand, it could be informative for you on a personal level, and turn you into the expert of your group so you can get them motivated an moving. It's just a question of wading through pages of legalese.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
The peeps in Nevada are reaching near hysteria over the new water proposals which, I think but I'm not sure, are really being made to make sure that newer homeowners don't get completely curtailed in an emergency and if there is an emergency, to make sure no outdoor watering will NOT mean you can't water your critters like chickens and horses. First in time means first in right on water in this state so newer people could be in a pickle in an emergency.

Having said that, the new rules would seem to only apply in Nye County [not us]. In addition, it is being proposed that NEW home being built in Nye county be only allowed 0.5 acre feet a year of water as opposed to the long held state rule that anyone can drill a domestic well without permission from the state for their home use and use up to 2 acre feet of water.

Why would there be an emergency? That is questionable. It is always a drought here so the wells need to be monitored and lots of thought put into how much is being drawn out of a basin vs. how much goes into a basin via precipitation/percolation.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
'moanin, Volties.

Waiting with baited breath to hear how the meeting went, Lizzie.

Yet another day of nice weather although it's supposed to be hotter and a little more humid today. Tomorrow is the return of the heat wave. I hope Rave and Terry haven't had any problems with weather given what I've seen going on out in Indiana.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
This is going to just be a sub-committee meeting on Friday so I will go to meet the peeps from our area and be with our group for a couple of hours and then I am going shopping!

Today, I better keep cleaning up the yard and making the house look nice. Maybe read some more of my new book.

CatLady007

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
FL Panhandle
Thanks, CatLady. Are the titles you mentioned part of the series and should be read in order, or are they unrelated? I wouldn't want to get confused by reading the series out of order, but I might find one of them, even if the library does't have Methuselah's Children.
Sandy, I'm so sorry I missed this. Here is your link:

Order of Robert A. Heinlein Books - OrderOfBooks.com

ENJOY! Now I'm planning a re-reading mission. I will have to go thru the local library, as I don't possess the buying power to afford all these.

CatLady007

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
FL Panhandle
Unfortunately, it was only a quick reference in one of the Lazarus Long stories, can't remember which one though. He gets up in the morning, showers then puts his face in the depilatory machine/station. Clean shave for days. Almost sounds like laser but that would smart and probably leave burn marks if it works on the whole face that fast. It sure would be a great thing though, I love a clean shave and it does get tedious shaving every day.
I seem to remember a reference to a "flash of light" and "fine ash" regarding a depilatory, in one of the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread