Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
'moanin, Voltizens.

Lizzie, a few comments on Home Despot and appliances. We bought a dishwasher from them, an LG. It arrived and was delivered on the ground in the driveway. I had to lug it into the house. It had a leak when I installed it, an hour later so I called for a replacement. I was told I had to wait a week or two for a service tech to come out and look at it even though I found the source of the leak, a broken fitting that was on the bottom, exposed to damage during shipping. After some extensive "discussions", they offered to let me come to the store and take the part I needed off a floor model, but I ended up taking it out and returning it myself, which seemed to surprise Home Despot to no end. We were told, by the sales person, that they "stand behind" everything they sell and if there's a problem it would be replaced, immediately. That sure wasn't what happened.

We ended up at a local appliance store and bought a Bosch. Yeah, more expensive, but it cannot leak unless it dumps 30 gallons of water since it is enclosed in an external tub. When it runs the only sound you can hear is the gurgle when it pumps itself out.

Just some food for thought.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
I remember your problems with that Awsum. We usually get stuff like that from Lowe's which is a lot closer then HD to us. I've had to take several things back and they replace them without question but it's still a pain to uninstall, re package and take it back. If I had them install it I'd have to wait like you did. The most recent was a small window ac last spring. I opened it and found stuff missing. Somebody obviously already taken it back and they re packaged it then put it back on the shelf. I was more than a little upset.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Yeah, Hubby will have to install this unit and we will probably have to haul it into the house ourselves. At least he is very skilled at maintenance:)

People had complained about leaking on the GE but several people complained about the control panel on the Maytag. I decided with Hubby that the control panel problem could be resolved by buying a part online but leaking would make a mess of the kitchen so we went with the Maytag. Neither company seems to have stellar customer service! so we are looking at fixing any problems ourselves or returning the dishwasher to the store if it is damaged on delivery.

This will be our third dishwasher. The first one came with the house and the second one was the cheapest one I could buy. I was on a tight budget to do the kitchen. This one is mid-range priced and I am hopeful that it will last more than five years!

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Good morning, Voltmaniacs.

Looks like I have the opportunity to drive at Lake Lahontan twice with a group before winter hits. I haven't told Wiseguy yet:)

Trying to get the house to a reasonable level of dirty. Yes, I am behind on cleaning the house but at least the dishes are caught up, the floors are swept and mopped and some minimal amount of vacuuming has been accomplished. I hate when the house is so dirty I have to clean it to the point where I should be cleaning it but that is the way it is since I clean other people's houses.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012

I'm hoping everyone is having a beautiful fall day. I'm viewing some of the videos on the Carson James website so I can start working with Pony Baloney in the round pen again. It might rain tomorrow. It probably will rain since I am having the dishwasher delivered tomorrow.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone

I'm hoping everyone is having a beautiful fall day. I'm viewing some of the videos on the Carson James website so I can start working with Pony Baloney in the round pen again. It might rain tomorrow. It probably will rain since I am having the dishwasher delivered tomorrow.
Hope you get it alright. My Wife demands we have a dishwasher. I've never known anyone so opposed to doing them by hand so it's either me or a dishwasher. If ours burps I'm heading for Lowe's

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
'evnin, Volatatics.

Good luck with the dishwasher, Lizzie. We rarely us ours but nothing beats it when we do. We split the dishwashing duties, Mrs. Awsum washes and I dry and put them away.

The seasons have definitely changed here in the southern reaches of the Great Nanny State. It was 27 this morning, too darn cool for my taste but it beats below zero. I spent the day harvesting the first crop of leaves and it did take most of the day. The new mulch pen is only about a quarter full so I think I sized it right. My ash blonde, nice way of saying grey, hair now has a sort of brownish-grey tint so I'm off to the shower.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Hope you get it alright. My Wife demands we have a dishwasher. I've never known anyone so opposed to doing them by hand so it's either me or a dishwasher. If ours burps I'm heading for Lowe's
I'm with your wifey.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
'evnin, Volatatics.

Good luck with the dishwasher, Lizzie. We rarely us ours but nothing beats it when we do. We split the dishwashing duties, Mrs. Awsum washes and I dry and put them away.

The seasons have definitely changed here in the southern reaches of the Great Nanny State. It was 27 this morning, too darn cool for my taste but it beats below zero. I spent the day harvesting the first crop of leaves and it did take most of the day. The new mulch pen is only about a quarter full so I think I sized it right. My ash blonde, nice way of saying grey, hair now has a sort of brownish-grey tint so I'm off to the shower.

I see lots of yard clean up in your future:) I know that is what I have been doing.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Good morning Volts. We've only got one type of tree around here that sheds big leaves. Turkey oak, similar to blackjack. The rest of our fall colors are on license plates when the snowbirds drive south. We had a lot more in our yard and the leaves were a pain when we built here. My Wife bought me a stringline leaf shredder so I could use them for mulch. Some kind of fungus has killed most of them off so I haven't used it in years. We don't have a manicured lawn anyway. More like improved pasture so I don't worry too much about it anymore. I use fallen branches and pine cones for firewood and kindling. Our primary source of heat is from a wood stove.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012

We have lots of trees and branches to gather and burn this year. A number of trees died. They are poplars so not surprising. I'm replacing them with longer lived staghorn sumacs, Rocky Mountain junipers and black locusts with a sprinkling of Russian olives.

I like to wack the rice grass so that it comes in thicker in the spring. It's a lot of work but the grasses hold the sand in place. I'm looking into a brush hog of some sort for the future since using the hedge trimmer is hard on my back and arms.

Eventually, the whole five acres gets raked and we burn but I have to let some of the branches dry out first.

All the flower beds need to be cleaned out, as usual.

I'm going to work with Wiseguy again today and hope that I make an impression on him. He needs to listen.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY

We have lots of trees and branches to gather and burn this year. A number of trees died. They are poplars so not surprising. I'm replacing them with longer lived staghorn sumacs, Rocky Mountain junipers and black locusts with a sprinkling of Russian olives.

I like to wack the rice grass so that it comes in thicker in the spring. It's a lot of work but the grasses hold the sand in place. I'm looking into a brush hog of some sort for the future since using the hedge trimmer is hard on my back and arms.

Eventually, the whole five acres gets raked and we burn but I have to let some of the branches dry out first.

All the flower beds need to be cleaned out, as usual.

I'm going to work with Wiseguy again today and hope that I make an impression on him. He needs to listen.

Maybe steer clear of the black locust trees, Lizzie. They are poisonous to horses. See Black Locust Tree: A Poisonous Plant to Horses and other sites for info.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Maybe steer clear of the black locust trees, Lizzie. They are poisonous to horses. See Black Locust Tree: A Poisonous Plant to Horses and other sites for info.

I know that black locust are poisonous but they do so well here and I am keeping them away from the horse areas.
I have seen horses do fine when kept near black locust but not allowed to eat them or chew on the leaves or trunks.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012

Cloudy, drizzly, 48 degrees. A Seattle kind of day. I fired up the wood stove to take the chill out of the house. So nice to come in from the cold and have a toasty warm home. Temps are going to be in the low 60's for the next week or so. We canceled the horse drive due to muddy conditions which is just as well.

I need to deal with Wiseguy's feelings of not wanting to listen to me and get us to communicate better. I put a lot of pressure on him to back a couple of days ago and he did back even if just a little. Now, he is behaving much better and has lost a lot of his snotty attitude. The rain is sucking but it should clear up enough for me to play with Wiseguy and work with him in the round pen.

I also need to clean his feet since one foot might have a bit of thrush. I heard you can use diluted bleach or athletes foot cream so I have to decide which to use.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Good Morning Voltville. Getting to hold my Granddaughter for the first time was every bit as awesome as I thought it would be. Got all week with them.

So wonderful, Wuzz. Warms my heart.

Well, we had a nice rainy day yesterday. It was clear in the morning but we wasted the good part of the day putting in my brand new dishwasher. I'm so happy. It id a great job on my first load of dishes which was dried on and yucky from sitting on the counter overnight. I hope it keeps up the good work!

I didn't work with the horses yesterday but I did work with them on Saturday. I accidentally wiggled the new flag on a stick when I was trying to back up Pony Baloney getting him to the round pen. He jumped and landed in a large shrub. Couldn't even see his legs:) I let him get himself out of the shrubbery and walked him into the pen like nothing happened. He was fine.

I showed him the flag on a stick and he was okay with it. We worked on backing, taking one step to the right or left, front end and back end. Step up, step back. It went pretty well until he reached over at me as I was walking by him like "I could bite you." I turned on him and backed him hard saying "Shhhshhh!" and waving my arms. Hoping this problem was completely solved but now I see that he was giving the mean pony act one more try. He isn't a mean pony [he doesn't charge you or even actually manage to bite you] so I believe that Pony is curable on this issue. It's a matter of making sure he doesn't get away with it even one time and putting the big pressure on every time.

I also worked with Wiseguy who is being much better about looking at me and doing what I ask without getting hyped up. I love those horses.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012

A warm fire, a cup of coffee and I don't have to clean a house today. I do have to drive into town to give the doctor some paper work. Hubby has psoriasis and he finally saw a doctor about it. The new medicine is working for him but the insurance company doesn't want to approve the medication. So, I have to get our rejection letter to the doctor who thinks it will get approved and even if it doesn't, the company will continue to give Hubby the medication at no charge. Wow, I'm impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread