Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
'moanin, Volties.

Is it possible to have "food hangover"? groooaaaannnn. And I got an extra hour and a half between the sheets today. Maybe that's it? It wasn't all that bad, the scale tells the tale and it was pretty good, lower than Monday morning.

Last edited:

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
OK, I'm tired of waiting for PB so I'm trying FlickR, if it works anyway.

Here's the view off the back porch of our friends house when we got there Sunday afternoon -

Back-porch_PM_03

Here's the same view on Wednesday morning when we left -

Back-Porch-AM_01

And here's Leonidas with Mrs. Awsum when we picked him up -

Cindy-Leo_03

You got the puppy! Yay! He us so cute!! A beautiful boy!

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
I know, privacy is a thing for us I guess and I posted those links without really looking at them.

Here's another of Leo here at home -

Figured out how to eliminate the photo name :)
Leo is a good name. I cannot help it....but I wish he was mine :)

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
OK, can't resist. One more of Leo and me when we picked him up in SC. We both felt like criminals as we left...he kept looking out the back window and whining and yapping.

Lizzie, FlickR doesn't have any popups, so far anyway, but does have its' own quirks. The URL for the photo needs to be edited to remove the photo name and a signature line after that. That's easy to do and you get terabyte of space for free. PB is back up and working, but the popups are way too much plus there doesn't seem to be any way to send them a comment which says, to me, they don't care what their user community thinks or has tosay.
You guys are going to make so many memories together :)

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
'moanin, Voltizens.

Congrats on the new horse, Lizzie! I think we're all waiting for photos!

Wuzz, so glad you and the Mrs. got to see and hold your granddaughter. I hope they have a safe, uneventful, albeit long, ride home.

We're still working on getting Leo into a routine. He started something funny last night. He wouldn't go out in the yard with Mrs. Awsum after dark. He was fine if I went with them, but if she took him by herself he'd sit on the side porch or, if carried into the yard, run right back to the porch. Thankfully he started walking the yard with her again. We think the shadows from the lights had him spooked. He weighs about 18 pounds, checked this morning.

Thats funny! When Zeus was a puppy he sometimes would be too scared to go off the porch at night with just me, but if my Husband would go out with him he would go off the porch.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Thank you D
He is very pretty! He has a gentle look to his eyes.
Thank you Ducklady. I really like this horse. He is very sweet. I have had a bit of a scare with him having a bit of a snotty nose but I think he will be fine. There has been a virus going around, from what I have heard.

Good morning, Voltmaniacs.

A bit of a snow storm here. Melting fast, thank goodness.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
'afternoon, Volties.

No snow, here, but it is a little cool outside and the wind is coming back yet again. We're supposed to get some major rain on Tuesday and Wednesday but for now it's dry out there.

Keep a close eye on Tanka, Lizzie. It's probably nothing but it's best t play it safe.

Speaking of the weather, I wonder how Sandy made out with the snow during the week. Some areas of upstate New York got almost five feet and she's up there in "snow belt" country.

Leo is, basically, house broken! He hasn't had any accidents in over a week and sits at the door when he needs to go outside. This was the easiest one I've ever had. It helps, I think, that he does get walked after every nap and every meal and, sometimes, in between as well. We are battling "the worms" with him, but even that is starting to fall off so, hopefully we'll get to something that passes for normal, soon.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Nice sounding day, Wuzz. We kind of chilled yesterday as well.

Today we got the horses out to their big pens and I did some clean up in the horse pens near the house. Tanka still has some snot noises but was feeling his oats as I took him out to the round pen. Tanka managed to do a little bucking and running in the round pen. So cute.

We also got the tire feeder and a rubber mat in the new horse pen for Tanka. Hoping to keep him from eating too much sand!

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Howdy Voltvillians!

Was away at my mom's pet sitting for her all last week and came back late Saturday night and had Thanksgiving yesterday so been busy. Slept like a rock last night being stuffed with all that yummy food! :headbang:

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi! :wub:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    'moanin, Voltizens.

Kind of a dreary day here, overcast and damp from a few showers, and it's supposed to rain fairly hard for the next two days. We're a little short in the rain department so it will help a bit at least. A least it's going to be warm with temps in the mid 60's.

In spite of the rain, I'm going to take Leo to enroll him in puppy kindergarten today. The place we picked originally is on a winter hiatus and the next class won't start until February when he'll be too old for kindergarten. We want to get him socialized with other dogs as well as get him some formal training with basic commands so I went searching on the web. I found another place, nearby, and spoke with the trainer last night. The class is at 6:30PM so it'll make our day a little rushed, but we both feel he needs the benefits of meeting other puppies and the training.

He's made it through the whole night without a break for the last few days, which is a very welcomed change for both of us. He's also getting better on the leash and that is part of the class, not to mention pretty important. He's getting bigger and stronger very quickly so we need to act quickly to make it as easy as possible for him and us. He has to scrunch down to get under his favorite chair to take a nap, already, and in another month will be too big to do that.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 2, 2011
    Twilight Zone
    Kind of a dreary day here, overcast and damp from a few showers, and it's supposed to rain fairly hard for the next two days. We're a little short in the rain department so it will help a bit at least. A least it's going to be warm with temps in the mid 60's.
    Morning Folks. We're supposed to be 83 here today but only a 10% chance of rain. The rest of the week is warm but low rain chances till Sunday. We sure badly need some. I'm having to water the citrus tree for the second time this month. The hurricane water has long seeped through our sugar sand.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    I wish it was 83 here, wet or dry. The rain will make it harder to harvest the leaf crop but will also help control the dust that the harvesting process creates.

Leo is now, officially, a student at puppy kindergarten. He was great in the Jeep, stayed in the back for the whole ride. When we got there he didn't want to go in and I had to carry him through the door, but once inside he was more than comfortable. He met a bunch of new people, who all fawned all over him, and a collie pup as well. That, to my knowledge, was the first time he's met another doggy and it was funny to watch. He alternated between hiding behind me and going over to sniff. Given his excitement level, he really did behave well. A full grown husky came in, too, and he did back off from the bigger dog in a real rush. Let's see how the first class goes next week.

Incidentally, we're also using "Doggy Dan" for training techniques. He is more of a doggy psychologist and his techniques have worked really well, so far. So, if you have a doggy that can use some extra training or if you want to know a little more about how they think and why they behave the way they do, besides being a dog, have a look.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    You are a good doggy daddy, awsum:)

Florida sounds nice right about now although I can't complain since it is in the forties to fifties everyday but it was 16 overnight ...brrrr.

Celticluvr I love not really Thanksgiving turkey day. Low pressure and lots of food.

Tanka seems to be doing pretty good. I have enjoyed getting to know him. His snot sounds are less today I think. Only showed up when he trotted in the round pen.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    I meant to ask you how Tanka was doing with his sinus problem, Lizzie. Glad to hear it's easing off.

Anyone notice how the phishing scams have increased with the Holiday Season? I've gotten stuff from, allegedly, Wells Fargo, DHL, Amazon, UPS, and a bunch of other banks (none of which I deal with). They all have a "click here" to download your "important" document. I know there are a lot of people careless (and I'm being kind with the word careless to describe them) enough to click on those links, but come on, the headers have multiple addressees for the same, supposedly account specific, information.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    I meant to ask you how Tanka was doing with his sinus problem, Lizzie. Glad to hear it's easing off.

Anyone notice how the phishing scams have increased with the Holiday Season? I've gotten stuff from, allegedly, Wells Fargo, DHL, Amazon, UPS, and a bunch of other banks (none of which I deal with). They all have a "click here" to download your "important" document. I know there are a lot of people careless (and I'm being kind with the word careless to describe them) enough to click on those links, but come on, the headers have multiple addressees for the same, supposedly account specific, information.

I've gotten a lot of free Rewards and Gifts this year. Haven't clicked on one of them!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread