Status
Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I saw the precipitation and temperature, cold enough for snow, but given that the ground/surface temps are relatively warm I was guessing rain or maybe freezing rain. We're supposed to get an inch or two of snow tonight but nothing major. Then, maybe another few inches Saturday night. Oh well, it is winter time.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
'moanin, Voltatics.

We got that inch or two of snow, light a fluffy, last night. I just love the drama on the news, remotes with reporters talking over the sound of heavy equipment loading salt and brine, plow trucks pulling out in the background, and not a flake of snow showing anywhere. Then, later, the dramatic live shot of very light snow drifting slowly down as everyone wrings their hands over the "winter storm". Come on, snowflakes and cupcakes, it's winter, snow is a normal event and even heavy snow isn't at all unusual. We may get more tomorrow, amount to be determined depending on the storm track, which worries me because Mrs. Awsum has to go out to Long Island for her cousin.

That potential storm for tomorrow may wreak havoc further south, Carolinas and Virginia. They're not equipped to handle snow very well since it doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Zero this morning although strangely it warmed up to 8 degrees before dawn. Go figure. I spent the day inside reading a book and taking a long nap. We managed a high of 20. It is supposed to improve on Sunday.

Of course, I did have to bundle up to feed and water this morning and this afternoon. Tanka did not get out of his pen today. I just couldn't make myself go out there to move him into the big pen out back. Tomorrow, I promised him.

Brought in wood, cleaned out the ashes and now I better get some dishes done so Hubby doesn't think I am a lazy girl:)

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
We had a high of +4 today. I am learning to handle a mouse with my left hand. I have the button switched. OT wants me to keep my thumb immobilized except for occasional exercise. At least I am not in Rave's situation. Just a puny case of tendonitis of the thumb.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
'moanin, Voltalytes.

Hope everything is holding for you, too, Wuzz. At least you should have warmer temps than most of us. It's in the 20's in sunny, warm, Greece, too.

We're getting that snow. Started snowing lightly at about 8:15 and the road has a thin coat of snow already. It's in the low 20's, 23 at the moment, so whatever falls is staying put. I just came back in from walking Leo. I thought he had to do some "business" but he just wanted to go outside. It was an abbreviated walk though, even he was getting cold! He doesn't quite understand snow yet and keeps staring up to try to see where it's coming from I guess.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail

About 10 miles from our place.

Lots of flooding but we are fine although I had to chip a small ditch into the goat pen to save the goats from standing in ankle deep water. The ground was frozen so the water did not drain like ususal.

We are heading out to take a look at the area after our morning cup of coffee.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Lizzie, be safe out there! Looks like you guys have gotten a real deluge! It's just cold here, 2 overnight and only 22 during the day. It's already dropping like a rock out there, down to 16, again, and we'll probably get down to around 5 overnight at this rate. Supposed to be 60 on Thursday though. Don't like the weather? Just wait a day or two and it'll change.

Had my 25,000 mile checkup today and I'm good for another 25,000 miles according to the sawbones. I keep reminding myself that the practice of medicine is actually a "best guess". Mrs. Awsum is home with the flu/cold/whatever that we both seem to have. I did get a "Z pack" from the sawbones today even though he said my lungs seem clear. Sometimes I wonder of all these antibiotics are helping or hindering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread