Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Yeah, fresh oil and filter!

We're about the same. Nothing really bad, just achy, occasional cough, runny nose, very tired and feeling like we have a fever every now and then. Some days worse, some days better. Mrs. Awsum is complaining her sinuses are clogged, but I haven't had a problem with that, so far.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
'moanin Volties.

I want to thank everyone who expressed condolences for our recent losses. It has been a difficult time and words do mean a lot to both of us. Thank you, all.

Your CV is probably more like a book, Tritium. You've got an awful lot to list besides education. Anyone who hires you will be gaining a real asset to say the least.

Looks like you've experienced some heavy rain out there, Lizzie. I guess it's more or less normal to have some heavy stuff like that every now and then. That's the nature of desert/semi-desert environments.

It was a balmy 6 when I got up this morning but it's supposed to get into the 40's today. I guess the remains of the "blizzard" will disappear overnight tonight. Can't say I'm sorry to see it go. Check out the Astronomy Picture of the Day for another view of weather extremes, very striking.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
This storm was bad! The rain was pretty heavy and the snow line went up so lots of snow melted. The good news is that the snow line did not go up as high as expected by 500 to 1,000 feet so the flooding in the Carson and the Truckee has been pretty massive but not record levels of 2005 or 1997.

Lots of roads closed and a few roads that will take quite some time to reopen.

Looks like the Carson River shown in the photos has gone up another 3 feet and should be cresting in our area about now.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
We just had Leo to the vet for a booster shot. I put him on their scale while we were there, a project all unto itself. He weighs 57 pounds, 13 ounces. The technician that took him in the back, besides being amazed at how big he's gotten, said he was "really strong". If he catches me off balance I've got to go with him or fall down, and I don't bounce well anymore.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Rained and rained last night. Localized flooding and flash flooding possible all over the area. We are fine where we are at and Hubby made it to work this morning although he was driving through slush. Lovely weather. At least I don't have to go anywhere.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
'afternoon, Voltatics.

Yes, Virginia, there is a sun. We had some sunshine this morning but the clouds are coming back in and it's a little weak now. The temps are in the mid 50's, which after almost five days never getting out of the 20's, is a welcome change, albeit cold/flu weather. The snow is all gone other than the piles from the plows and blowers and even those are fading fast. I just walked Leo and the driveway, blue stone, is like walking on a heavily padded rug. Mushy under the stones, then still frozen deeper down. It's supposed to be in the 60's tomorrow so the heater get a break.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Snowing like the dickens. Already called tomorrow's cleaning client and told her I didn't think it was going to happen since Hubby is using my 4-wheeler to get to work. I love it! I needed some time off anyway.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
'afternoon, Voltatics.

As a friend, who lived in the Adirondacks, used to say "if you don't like the weather now just wait a few hours". You're really getting the "full Monty" out there, Lizzie!

We are in the mid 60's with some sunshine. It's kind of windy, though, but I'll take it. I just ran to the vet to drop off a "sample" and took Leo with me. He's getting used to using the ramp to get in and out of the Jeep. Now, if we can get the "stay" command to work without problems, like when someone new comes near, we'll be in pretty good shape.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
I couldn't sleep last night so I got up about midnight. The snow was glowing magically. I looked out the French doors to where my horses are. Laying on the ground in the shimmering moonlight, head up, looking around, was Tanka. I watched him for a couple of minutes and thought "I love that horse."

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Howdy Volties!!!

Got some much needed vapemail today, was down to two mls of juice this morning. Got 360mls in the mail. Whew!!

IMG_20170113_161620_hdr.jpg

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    'evenin, Voltizens.

I feel for you, Celti. Between our trip, gifting 120ml to our friend in Va., being busy with Leo and just catching up I didn't mix anything for too long. Over three days, the week before Christmas, I ended up mixing a liter and a half, but that did include some "custom, high octane" for our friend.

We were in the 50's today but it's been dropping all day and we're supposed to get some snow tomorrow. Nothing significant, and inch or two, and it'll probably melt on Sunday. Icing on the roads might be a problem tomorrow afternoon and night, though.

I did have a "major victory" today. I've been converting all our lighting to LED from incandescent and halogen. The inside of the house was no problem, just bulb replacement, and I did replace a 500 watt halogen with a 50 watt LED with no problem, as well. We use the X10 remote system which is pretty convenient. Anyhow, I ordered more "high power" LED flood lights to replace the halogens on the shed and in the back yard. When I installed the first one, on the shed, it would turn on remotely but not shut off, not very convenient since the shed is about 100 feet from the house.

The LED lights are powered by a switching power supply and the one in that floodlight was producing too much interference for the X10 system to work. I tried filters, from X10, on the light with no results. So I ordered two, new, different power supplies from other vendors. I put one in one of the new lights and everything works fine with the remote system. Now, I've got to get two more of those power supplies and four more lights with that model power supply so I can replace all the halogens.

Bottom line is the outside lighting power consumption will drop from 2100 watts to 210 watts and I'll be adding a light, on a shed further from the house, to boot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread