Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
'moanin, Voltizens.

We've had rain for the last three days and it's getting boring. The temperature keeps dropping so it is even less pleasant outside. Right now the radar shows light, frozen, precip here and I can't really tell which it is, rain, sleet or frozen rain. We've had almost three inches of rain, so far, and everything is sopping outside...but then again I don't have to get the snowblower out or shovel it.

Here's Leo and Emma. When class first started Emma had an aggression problem and would bark, non-stop, unless she was being worked with by her owner or the instructor. She has really progressed and was quiet, for the most part, last night. Both of them did a fair share of barking, yipping and whining as they jumped back and forth playing together. We really want to get Leo more socialized with other puppies. We're going to try a different school for his first obedience class, one our neighbor has had excellent results with.

We had to be careful with Leo since if he pounced or "swatted" at Emma he could easily hurt her. Oddly, they didn't nip at each other at all.

Last edited:

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
So cute, hard to believe they are both in puppy class given the size difference.

We are going cold this week and no rain or snow. The Sierras have many feet of snow now which is great. The drought has at least been broken for this winter.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
In fact, Emma is six months old and Leo is only five months old, so he's the younger of the two. We were talking with the trainer last night about his level of maturity. He does get distracted very, very easily. Even when working with him at home I can see when he loses concentration and it doesn't take much...a gust of wind or a car passing by in the street can do it. Anyhow, the trainer said giant breeds are much slower to mature than smaller breeds. In other words, he may be fully grown, physically, at 18 months but still have a puppy brain. It's gonna take a LOT of work!

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
In fact, Emma is six months old and Leo is only five months old, so he's the younger of the two. We were talking with the trainer last night about his level of maturity. He does get distracted very, very easily. Even when working with him at home I can see when he loses concentration and it doesn't take much...a gust of wind or a car passing by in the street can do it. Anyhow, the trainer said giant breeds are much slower to mature than smaller breeds. In other words, he may be fully grown, physically, at 18 months but still have a puppy brain. It's gonna take a LOT of work!

I am so happy that Cash has calmed down considerably. He is now one year and almost three months old. He still steals hats, gloves, socks but he has given up on dragging shoes outside:) He is a very busy boy still but better. He played with 6 toys in 20 minutes last night.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Yeah, Leo goes from toy to toy especially when he's tired and not giving in to needing a nap. When he's like that he'll chew on any toy near him, if there's two, the closest one first then the next one as they move when plays with them. We've been lucky and he doesn't go after shoes, socks, towels, clothing or anything other than his toys. He's also very good with the "leave it" command and will let loose of anything he has, even food or a favorite toy. Now, if we can get "come", "stay", "down", "off" and "heel" working that well we'll be in good shape.

Right now we think he's starting to get his permanent teeth. He's been giving all the Nylabones a hard time for the last few days. That's yet another distraction to him.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Good morning Folks.
We've always had larger breeds too. Not quite the size of Leo but Dobes, Rotties and now the wolf. Without obedience training they'd have been a handful. Our wolf dog has been the smartest of all of them though. He graduated all his obedience first in his class. Much to the chagrin of the owners of AKC purebreds lol. Theoretically he's a mutt.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Good morning Folks.
We've always had larger breeds too. Not quite the size of Leo but Dobes, Rotties and now the wolf. Without obedience training they'd have been a handful. Our wolf dog has been the smartest of all of them though. He graduated all his obedience first in his class. Much to the chagrin of the owners of AKC purebreds lol. Theoretically he's a mutt.

The wolf dog sounds smart!

[URL=http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/renolizzie/media/2017/96b5cf69-3baa-4120-ad20-d096d6a09e04_zps9ngxg0ye.jpg.html] [/URL]

Cash snuggling the Doggie Daddy.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Good morning Folks.
I bet your wolf is beautiful! I would love to see him.

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
'moanin, Voltatics.

We had a nice, spring-like day yesterday. As Wuzz says, three feet on sunshine, gentle breezes and temps in the mid to upper 50's. It's raining, AGAIN, today but there have been a few peeks of weak, watery, sunshine in the last hour or so. Maybe we'll get to see the sun again this afternoon. Supposed to get cooler for the next week or so, but at least the rain won't be a factor.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
birthday.jpg

1-1.gif

To YOU

Gambar-Badut-Lucu-Ulang-Tahun.gif

TO YOU

HappyBirthday.gif