Status
Not open for further replies.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Having lived in Helltown (DC), Kansas, I am strongly of the opinion that that part of the country is way overpopulated. Las Vegas is the problem, not you. And with global warming, that problem is going to get worse. Wisconsin is only going to get better.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I'll chime in with the death of the small farm. The giant, commercial, farms use far more water to produce the crops. The result is what happens in California in terms of well pumping forces your water table down. In the end, a no win scenario no matter is they restrict you to half an acre foot a year. I watch the sod farms around here, and there are more than one of them, running sprinkler cannons all summer and can't help but wonder what that does to our water table in the long run.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
'afternoon, Voltalytes.

Congrats on the CCW, Lizzie, and I'm jealous! Getting one here in the Great Nanny State is impossible between the local PD and the State PD no matter how well you can shoot or how real the need may be. On the other hand, it is a very large responsibility and fraught with tons of liabilities, especially in today's litigious society.

Reactions: Tritium

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
The M1 is a great rifle! Last time I fired one was at an "all gun day" at the range I used to belong to. You could fire anything that was there, for free, and guests were welcomed. I walked over and picked up an M1 on the 200 meter range, my buddy was "range officer" so I asked him what it was sighted in at. He told me 200 meters. So I took aim and fired six, single shot rounds. When I went down and got the target, I had a six inch group with only one round out of the black. I chalk that up to beginners luck!

That's also where I found out the Ruger Red Hawk, .44 magnum revolver, is a very nice gun to shoot despite the caliber. It's very heavy, needless to say, and had an eight inch barrel. Keeping a close group was not really much of a problem. I would class the feel of the recoil in the same area as a short barrel .357 magnum. I guess that's why "Dirty Harry" liked the caliber and a big gun to go with it.

Never got to fire any of the HK stuff, but they do have a great reputation, both for reliability and accuracy.

Reactions: Tritium

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Counter Clock Wise?

Carry Concealed Weapon

I am allowed to carry my revolver [or any other gun for that matter] in a concealed fashion. I mostly got it so when I am camping or hiking, if my gun is under my coat or in my back pack, I will be completely legal. I can carry in my purse if I want to but guns are heavy and we do live in a nice place so I don't feel compelled to do so :)

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
'moanin, Voltatics.

The hawk is out, as a matter of fact it has to be a whole flock of hawks! The wind is gusting up around 30mph and it actually kept me awake for most of the night. This is the tail end of a low that's dumping snow further north and east of here. Bet Sandy is seeing some to say the least. We had a rainy, cool/cold day yesterday but without much wind.

Other than that, just the same old same old. Leo is getting BIG! He's got to be over 80 pounds already. The new obedience class is going well and he's doing pretty well with all the commands. I can put a treat on the floor, tell him "leave it" and he'll wait until I say "OK, go ahead" before he eats it. He does well with "stay", too, and we can "hold" him from a fair distance without much of a problem.

He has learned a few new "tricks" one of which is biting at the leash at times. Mrs. Awsum, being smaller (shorter) has more of a problem with that, when it happens. We're looking at an "Easy Walk" harness for him. The leash attachment is down between the front shoulders at the base of the neck on the chest so it will turn him, toward us, if he pulls rather than choking or putting pressure directly on his neck. We'll see how it goes at the next class when he gets the harness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread