Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
'moanin, Voltaticalytes.

We're having a really great run of weather. It was almost 75 yesterday and is 72 already today. Gentle winds out of the southwest and four feet of sunshine. Unfortunately, reality will return on Sunday but, in the mean time, it's shorts and t-shirt weather.

We took Leo to the vet the other day and weighed him. 88.2 pounds and still not quite six months old.

https://flic.kr/p/Sbmhef[/url

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
'moanin, Voltaticalytes.

We're having a really great run of weather. It was almost 75 yesterday and is 72 already today. Gentle winds out of the southwest and four feet of sunshine. Unfortunately, reality will return on Sunday but, in the mean time, it's shorts and t-shirt weather.

We took Leo to the vet the other day and weighed him. 88.2 pounds and still not quite six months old.

https://flic.kr/p/Sbmhef[/url
He is such a good looking boy :) He looks very good and healthy.

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
'moanin, Voltizens.

Well, the spring time weather has left. It was 35 when I got up with a stiff breeze out of the west to northwest. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Check out "Astronomy Picture of the Day". A really dramatic shot of a supercell thunderstorm.

Astronomy Picture of the Day

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
My hen hatched ducklings a few weeks ago :)
e210007a45903b2814c3bb71c1549401.jpg
They were so tiny when they hatched! This is them last week. They are even bigger this week. I also got 4 baby chicks yesterday, and supposed to get 4 more today :)
cc4d9688194a17293b7847a38d5998d8.jpg
The red light gives the picture a weird tint.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
My hen hatched ducklings a few weeks ago :)
e210007a45903b2814c3bb71c1549401.jpg
They were so tiny when they hatched! This is them last week. They are even bigger this week. I also got 4 baby chicks yesterday, and supposed to get 4 more today :)
cc4d9688194a17293b7847a38d5998d8.jpg
The red light gives the picture a weird tint.

I love the pics, Duckey. You are going to have a busy spring with all those babies.

We did lots of yard cleanup yesterday. And more to go. I love spring. I'm outside more.

The new horse is working out well and I did some more training with him yesterday.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
'moanin, Voltatics.

The ducklings and chicks are cute, Ducky. They'll keep you occupied for a while until they grow, then keep you frustrated probably ;)

Hey Lizzie, does the President's Executive Order stopping the EPA from governing water on private land have any impact on your situation out there?

Leo is continuing to grow and learn although it is a slowwwwwww process. He gives Mrs. Awsum a hard time when she walks him, a lot of the time anyway. He walks fine for me and pulling on the leash, for me, is no longer much of an issue at all. He did pull a bit this morning but I was expecting it since he was after a squirrel that didn't see us coming. I think with Mrs. Awsum it's a "gender" thing, his hormones are raging.

I had him out on a 30 foot leash yesterday, chasing a ball. He did pretty well once he figured out he could run quite a bit compared to the "regular" leash. I made him sit and stay, walked out the length of the leash, then threw his favorite ball for him to chase down. I had to do some running as well when he kicked it further so we both got some extra exercise. No photos though, I was too busy to handle the camera, too.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
The EPA has no real say over private domestic wells, if I have read correctly. They only have suggestions or recommendations for homeowners.

Since water is owned by all of us, I think some rules should apply but most rules seem to be set at state levels, from what I can see.

Sounds like Leo is an adorable hand full.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
That rule made it possible for the EPA to declare your land "wetland" if a puddle formed during a rainstorm. They also could designate a drainage ditch a "waterway" and govern removal of silt or weed/tree growth. It was quite far reaching. I do think the individual States should determine what rules need to be enacted to prevent abuse of the water supply, but that EPA rule was way too much. It was based on the theory that all water drained into a "navigable" waterway. In that case, I guess they governed the ocean as well since that is navigable and is comprised of water that drains into it.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Howdy my lovely Voltmaniacs

Nothin much new here which is why I don't post that often but I figured I'd at least show up and say HI!
    I been following Leo's growth and training, @awsum140 . He is absolutely adorable and I wish I could give him a big ol' hug and belly rub! :wub:
    Lizzie, Tanka seems to fit in just fine with Wiseguy and Pony Baloney. I wish I could give them all a treat and hug as well!

wvducklady

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2013
    US
    I love the pics, Duckey. You are going to have a busy spring with all those babies.

We did lots of yard cleanup yesterday. And more to go. I love spring. I'm outside more.

The new horse is working out well and I did some more training with him yesterday.
    We got 4 more little chicks yesterday :) Now we have 8 baby chicks...Lol
    1d222d9e168545e12578e56025fdc2c9.jpg
    bea38c88fef3aded6ebe64453c1a7f5e.jpg
    c2b410017a2e7bc0baa433ae7255490c.jpg
    a3211ae75eafc129e00859c904e60815.jpg
    The ducklings are growing so fast. This Spring is going to be a very busy time! Lol
    I love Spring too! Being able to go outside more is such a blessing.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2013
    US
    'moanin, Voltatics.

The ducklings and chicks are cute, Ducky. They'll keep you occupied for a while until they grow, then keep you frustrated probably ;)

Hey Lizzie, does the President's Executive Order stopping the EPA from governing water on private land have any impact on your situation out there?

Leo is continuing to grow and learn although it is a slowwwwwww process. He gives Mrs. Awsum a hard time when she walks him, a lot of the time anyway. He walks fine for me and pulling on the leash, for me, is no longer much of an issue at all. He did pull a bit this morning but I was expecting it since he was after a squirrel that didn't see us coming. I think with Mrs. Awsum it's a "gender" thing, his hormones are raging.

I had him out on a 30 foot leash yesterday, chasing a ball. He did pretty well once he figured out he could run quite a bit compared to the "regular" leash. I made him sit and stay, walked out the length of the leash, then threw his favorite ball for him to chase down. I had to do some running as well when he kicked it further so we both got some extra exercise. No photos though, I was too busy to handle the camera, too.

They definitely keep me occupied! When they get big enough to go outside I get very frustrated....Without Momma hen to teach them to go back in the coup it can be difficult! Lol Also, I always worry about hawks swooping in without a Momma hen to teach them to never go out in open areas until they get older too.

I agree with you on the gender thing. I have noticed that some male dogs (and alot of bigger breeds) tend to "try" more with women. Ram did and Zeus does. Zeus definitely did things he did not do with my Husband with me when his hormones were raging.
    Leo sounds like alot of fun! He sounds like he is learning and coming around nicely.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Howdy my lovely Voltmaniacs

Nothin much new here which is why I don't post that often but I figured I'd at least show up and say HI!
    I been following Leo's growth and training, @awsum140 . He is absolutely adorable and I wish I could give him a big ol' hug and belly rub! :wub:
    Lizzie, Tanka seems to fit in just fine with Wiseguy and Pony Baloney. I wish I could give them all a treat and hug as well!

Hi Celti - Nice to see you.

Yes, Duckey, spring time means going outside more. It also means more work :)

wvducklady

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2013
    US
    Hi Celti - Nice to see you.

Yes, Duckey, spring time means going outside more. It also means more work :)
    Yes it does! To be honest, I enjoy the work involved with Spring! I truly enjoy having tasks and planned checklist jobs to do. I know that may sound funny, but I really enjoy having a checklist of things I need to do and checking them off as I do them :) I find it rewarding. Plus, I do not have a job, and if I do not keep myself busy I will go crazy! That why I clean my house everyday unless my Husband does not work on weekends, because he makes me take the weekends off. I am a little ocd on cleaning and sanitizing the house. I am not a nut about it, but I do enjoy cleaning.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Yes it does! To be honest, I enjoy the work involved with Spring! I truly enjoy having tasks and planned checklist jobs to do. I know that may sound funny, but I really enjoy having a checklist of things I need to do and checking them off as I do them :) I find it rewarding. Plus, I do not have a job, and if I do not keep myself busy I will go crazy! That why I clean my house everyday unless my Husband does not work on weekends, because he makes me take the weekends off. I am a little ocd on cleaning and sanitizing the house. I am not a nut about it, but I do enjoy cleaning.

Are you available on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and do you do wet wash?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread