• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Chit Chattin Pagans, Come sit a spell:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
'Tis the place to say what ever you want on what ever topic.
A place for ECF pagans to Keep in touch.

5825016906_90c7523071_m.jpg

Last edited:

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
Afternoon brothers and sisters. This week I came back from 12 days in DC. Went everywhere. National art gallery, Air and space, natural history museum, Vietnam, lincoln, Washington memorials. Jefferson memorial too. Then the brookside gardens and Glen echo. Hung out with old friends, ate out a lot, saw some 10000 faces, and slept in often. All this with 10 hour drives to, and back home.

Know what I did what I got home?
Grabbed the tent and my map tank and headed to my river hide out in the woods...
Is so nice to ground after a trip like that.:D

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
That sounds like so much fun! I would love to make a trip to D.C., but my partner has only been working at her new job about a month and can't get time off. On the same token, I hope all our earth family has been enjoying Vapestock to the fullest extent!

And yes, grounding after a long trip I feel is very important. Definitely helps bring you back after those long drives.

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
It still boggles the mind that dancing at a monument to one of the First Amendment's greatest proponents bothers people so much. That was kinda the point of doing it... oh well, that was thoroughly thrashed in the OUTSIDE!.

Merry Meet and Hail brothers and sisters! Nice to be meeting new pagan-istic acquaintances. -Magnus

MsTick

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
California
Yea, I think TJ would actually LIKE having people dancing at his memorial. This dancing kerfluffle reminds me of SJ Tucker's song, "Me and the Mandolin Holy Man", though her line was, "Rocking the Lincoln Memorial." If you're not familiar with SJ Tucker, you should do yourself the favor of googling her.

So I think that this forum tends to go quiet because there's no specifically Pagan take on vaping, and discussing Paganism among Pagans goes quiet pretty quickly, because our different flavors just sort of let each other be. But, still, it is nice to meet others here who share both interests. Maybe we could find stuff to talk about:

Anybody got a good mead e-liquid recipe worked out?

What's the best ritual you ever participated in? Most fun ritual I attended was a druid ritual with Danse Macabre at Pantheacon. Completely silly, exhausting, and deeply moving. We made flags, and processed through the hotel, led by Danse Macabre, chanting, drumming, rattling, howling. Biggest ball of energy I was ever a part of was also at Pantheacon - the Morrigan Devotional with Thorne Coyle and friends. It's a wonder we didn't start a tornado. Hundreds of people, circling and dancing, chanting and growing stronger and stronger. The Morrigan was....well I guess you would never describe her as happy, but she seemed to be satisfied.

Is it proper to have Ho_Ho's instead of Twinkies at a Discordian High Mass?

See, we have all sorts of stuff to talk about.

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
I have participated in other Pagan threads in sites not related to pagans successfully.
Wile healing/support and advise seam to rule other topics are/were entertained.
Pagan; recipes, child care, stories/poems, history, sent yule cards each year. And even posted pagan pics form the net. We also just chitchatted. X had a hard day at work wile Y went to the lake with the kids. All in all very active threads. Talks of meditation. Cross culturally we learns a lot about each other and our individual Pagan paths not one keeping to themselves?
Seams silly to me to join a group and remain silent...

As far as e cigs go:
I'm I the only Pagan vapor wanting to move off the batt and other wise electricity?
I feel better not using paper and kill trees for my addiction. No .... litter and burning.
But what to do with all the dead batt we vapors will have?
Sure cell phones have batts and most don't get recycled. But there are lots of places to take them if your inclined to.
I already send my dead Ce2 out for reuse. And save every juice bottle for sharing samples.

I want to see a crank flash light mod pv mass produced. I've see them work, I have the blueprints. So why not?...

As a pagan my tobacco was used for more the just smoking. Wonders if Pan wants an e cig. What do I do about a wasp sting now?...

SJ Tucker? never heard, see I learned something and found a fun singer..

A double blast, WiccaNoita the poster of this vid (this music file I sent her). Has other awesome vids BTW.

See we are Pagan vapors we can find thing to talk about e cig related or not.

Last edited:

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
I'm just now trying to figure out how to address Pagan child education issues being that my daughter is three. That's my current Heathenistic/Pagan battle. Any referenced there I'd much appreciate. The rest I'm still so far off kilt that I'm unsure what to say since frequently Heathens are outliers in the Pagan realm. -Magnus

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
Oh I have a lil book here I love to color in . (never too old to color lol)
My first little book of Wicca by Rev Velvet Rieth
Whats neat is it it a alphabet recognition and handwriting book. And uses Pagan objects,
A= Athame and such ;) too cute really

Maybe find something like this to suit your needs?
Google can help.... More info on needed path/s would help us help you.

Last edited:
S0000000J!!!!!!!!!

I love, love, love SJ Tucker!!! I love all of her stuff, but her Blessings album just kicks total -- you know. Her Hymn To Herne is, quite frankly, the only pagan artist's song dedicated to the God that I have ever found. (I am quite happy to be wrong if anyone has any other examples?) Also, a Heathin! Blessings of the Alfodr to you, friend!

MsTick

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
California
Badger, I agree - Hymn to Herne rocks (and I love practicing a religion where lusting after one's god is okie-dokie, mokie). And Go Away Godboy is a much needed cathartic. But have you listened to Tricky Pixie's Mythcreants? Taglio is so dark and fun. Tam Lin is so sexy. Dryad's Promise makes me cry every time I hear it. Every song is my favorite. And Sooj turned me on to Catherynne Valente. The Girl in the Garden - amazing song, amazing book. Ok, trying to decide what I like best about her has caused me to realize that she's even more incredibly talented than I thought.

Magnus, I was a small-h heathen, when I was a teenager and realized that the xtian story made no sense, but didn't know what alternatives might exist, long, long ago in the dark and barbaric 60's. So I called myself a heathen. But once I discovered the active flavors of Paganism, this daughter of the MacDonald of Skye clan had to go with Celtic Wicca. Aside from Rune lore and the little I learned of Norse myths in school (to expand on the Sooj thread, Valkyrie Daughter is another one that makes me cry every time), I don't know much about big-H Heathenism, but it does seem to be a very strong and cohesive, if outlying tradition.

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
Oh I have a lil book here I love to color in . (never too old to color lol)
My first little book of Wicca by Rev Velvet Rieth
Whats neat is it it a alphabet recognition and handwriting book. And uses Pagan objects,
A= Athame and such ;) too cute really

Maybe find something like this to suit your needs?
Google can help.... More info on needed path/s would help us help you.

I must find this book. I have a 3 year old that would love this. You all know about this incredible music that I have until now not been introduced to. The only real pagan band I know of is Inkubus Sukkubus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread