Choosing tank for Evic VTC Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cirkulis

Sep 26, 2015
Nearest post office
Hello, fellow vapers.

After a year and 2 months of tootle puffing on Kanger Evod Twist + Evod tank, I think that the time has come for me to upgrade. Choosing mod was simple - for a long time I've had my eyes on Evic VTC Mini. But I've no idea what tank to choose to go along with it. So I'm asking for advice from you guys and girls. I've made a ridiculous feature list regarding what I would want from the tank:

RBA deck; Suitable for both MTL and DTL; Leak-proof; Top-fill; No dry hits and no flooding (with a proper build of course); Suitable for VG heavy juice (needs to have wide juice channels?); Suitable for both single and dual coils;
Would be nice if it delivers great flavor, is easy to work with (build, clean, fill, adjust airflow), doesn't break easy and so on.
Price: Not more than 40$ (unless there's good clone available).

Now I doubt that a tank like this even exist (especially one that can do both tight MTL and airy DTL), but one with most of the features listed above would be my top choice. Maybe I shouldn't even look at new wave sub-ohm tanks and choose something like good old Kayfun v4 (clone of course) or something similar. I don't know. Anyway, if you have personal experience with similar tanks and have some suggestions, please don't hesitate and fire away :)

tl;dr: Suggest a good tank for a 75W mod, please.

TheKman

Master of the Obvious
Nov 12, 2015
Melbourne, Australia.
UD Zephyrus. I have two. I'd also recommend the Goblin Mini, but there are no pre-built coils and no top fill.

It's not possible to get a single tank that will do tight and airy, and do them both well. Optimising air flow rate in the chamber, chimney and mouth piece at the same time means designers have to decide early what the tank will be good for. If you're anything like me you'll soon forget about the need for a tight draw. :)

Zephyrus has lots of air flow potential, but the pre-built coils limit the flow in the coil base, presumably to assist vacuum and wicking. With the RBA you can tune until you're blue in the face.

On the other hand, a Kanger Subtank Mini might be a better intermediate step. Single coil, easier to build, good coil options... But no top fill.

P.S. I also have a Kayfun v4 clone... Great learning experience, but very few people have the patience to make them work well. Leaking, wicking, flooding, conductivity, filling, cleaning... It's a bit like owning an old Alfa Romeo. (which I've also done).

Last edited:
Reactions: Cirkulis

darkmader

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2012
Minnesota
So basically you want a perfect tank then huh? :) Obviously that's not going to happen, but I got the Serpent a few days ago and it checks every single box except for the airflow. It's not like your subtank with the little holes and with it almost shut and running at 20-35 watts it's just fine. I can't blow clouds like crazy because my fire alarm is setup to the fire department, so when I threw a 26/32 clapton in there at .3, I was thinking this might not end well. I can finally crank it past 30 watts if I wish, 60 no problem as my Lemo/Subtanks will give you dry hit city. I love it because it's designed for single coil only and they do it right. You can blast clouds if you want, and I think it's pretty much the same as my Sapor that I got the same day too, but I just keep the airflow just a tiny notch open and happy to vape at 25-35 watts or so.

Only problem is the glass doesn't come off so if you break it you're SOL like the protank days but it has an amazing outer case that's actually better than my taifun and I've dropped the taifun about 300 times because I'm still rocking it with my Vamo. It will accept any coil you want to throw at it and once you get past the odd angle of how to throw the coil in, you'll never have a problem ever. Wicking is a breeze, I didn't do it like most people did but I still didn't have any leaks or issues. Here's the way to build/wick it and you can see the crazy juice holes and center hole, it's like a taifun/kayfun on steroids:

And I'd 100% go for a taifun GT-S from HC for $16 or so. My old Taifun is showing it's age with threads but it lasts forever and it's another easy tank to build on once you get it down and probably throw a little wick on top of the coil too if you have any leaking issues. I never did a Kayfun and I don't know I wold ever as the taifun is hassle free, can remove the deck by unscrewing it, throw liquid in and you're up and running within 25 seconds flat.

Serpent RTA By Wotofo - Use coupon code reddit10 to knock it down to $27 and I think the shipping was like $2 or something. It might take an extra day though because they're located in Hawaii, but my two orders got shipped that day and you probably have extra time to decide because of the time differences too if you wanted to order it today. I have a Lemo 2, OBS Crius, Subtank, Cloupor and the Serpent is my favorite no questions asked. I don't know if I can give up my baby with the taifun as it's traveled a lot of miles with me and it has the battle scars to prove it.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread