• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Christian Vapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
As previousley mentioned i quit smoking a few days ago, i feel smoking was a big part of my life, i really didn't want to give it up, but i decided enough was enough after getting gum disease, it freaked me out enough to the point where i thought maybe it was a sign, a few years back i quit due to coughing up blood, maybe they are coincedences but everytime i get carried away with smoking something bad happens, be it coughing up blood or gum disease, maybe these were signs from god to give it up... I'm a christian and don't want to set a bad example for anybody, but if PG/VG isn't toxic then is this really an issue? Is this still polluting your body?.

I believe vaping is the only thing that will keep me away from smoking for good!, they say high temperatures contain carcinogens although I would only vape N.E.T liquids at low wattages, around 12-15 watts.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm a Christian vaper who gave up cigarettes 7 years ago by vaping. Today, vaping serves a dual purpose. It replaced my cigarettes and got me away from a product that contained many known carcinogens and into one that satisfies the hand to mouth habit and supplies some nicotine that's known to enhance cognizance as we get older. As long as the medical world doesn't find a hidden health gotcha I don't plan to ever quit vaping.

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
I'm a Christian vaper who gave up cigarettes 7 years ago by vaping. Today, vaping serves a dual purpose. It replaced my cigarettes and got me away from a product that contained many known carcinogens and into one that satisfies the hand to mouth habit and supplies some nicotine that's known to enhance cognizance as we get older. As long as the medical world doesn't find a hidden health gotcha I don't plan to ever quit vaping.
Have you spoke with your pastour about vaping?

Reactions: Saintscruiser

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
also congrats on being cig free for 7 years!, really does make you feel a lot better!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Have you spoke with your pastour about vaping?

Yep, he and the assistant pastor have no issues with it. Vaping isn't something that creates a health issue, although it's a safer habit that replaces a deadly one.

There are several people I know in the church who vape. It's the great thing about being Methodist. There are a number of smokers in the church who need to try vaping.

Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
As previousley mentioned i quit smoking a few days ago, i feel smoking was a big part of my life, i really didn't want to give it up, but i decided enough was enough after getting gum disease, it freaked me out enough to the point where i thought maybe it was a sign, a few years back i quit due to coughing up blood, maybe they are coincedences but everytime i get carried away with smoking something bad happens, be it coughing up blood or gum disease, maybe these were signs from god to give it up... I'm a christian and don't want to set a bad example for anybody, but if PG/VG isn't toxic then is this really an issue? Is this still polluting your body?.

I believe vaping is the only thing that will keep me away from smoking for good!, they say high temperatures contain carcinogens although I would only vape N.E.T liquids at low wattages, around 12-15 watts.

Congrats N. I quit 4 years ago after 47 of them smoking in 2 days (Jun seems to be a good month). There began my long road of discovery as to what addiction truly is. Beware the shiny, LOL.

Good luck! :)

Reactions: Ragnar94

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
I absolutely try my best to NEVER sin, I hate sinning, and I'm convinced vaping isn't toxic and doesn't pollute your body, although I could be wrong, but tbh ive done a little research and the ingredients in PG/VG is very minimal to no toxicity, I really am craving tobacco so if it helps me get away from it I guess I can come back to vaping, but of course I've prayed to the lord to help me get my tobacco addiction out of me

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
oh boy does that feel good
19511094_1399091153461754_3687923221242007982_n.jpg

Reactions: MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I absolutely try my best to NEVER sin, I hate sinning, and I'm convinced vaping isn't toxic and doesn't pollute your body, although I could be wrong, but tbh ive done a little research and the ingredients in PG/VG is very minimal to no toxicity, I really am craving tobacco so if it helps me get away from it I guess I can come back to vaping, but of course I've prayed to the lord to help me get my tobacco addiction out of me

In an attempt to understand my success after having failed miserably for so long to quit I've concluded nicotine was never the problem. More likely the plethora of hazardous substances which accompany it in common combustible products. Suffered horrible side-effects and health issues each time i tried to stop. I realized that being able to share my activity with others and in peace erased all the untoward effects which had dominated my considerations on smoking.

When it's painful to go back one always moves forward. And that is what smokers do most well…continue. It's not an addiction N but simply fear. And fear can make us very ill indeed.

Good luck. :)

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
In an attempt to understand my success after having failed miserably for so long to quit I've concluded nicotine was never the problem. More likely the plethora of hazardous substances which accompany it in common combustible products. Suffered horrible side-effects and health issues each time i tried to stop. I realized that being able to share my activity with others and in peace erased all the untoward effects which had dominated my considerations on smoking.

When it's painful to go back one always moves forward. And that is what smokers do most well…continue. It's not an addiction N but simply fear. And fear can make us very ill indeed.

Good luck. :)

That's a fancy little atty you got there mate, what isit? lol

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
That's a fancy little atty you got there mate, what isit? lol

An obsolete low power Immortalizer and one of the best flavor devices ever. Clones are very cheap these days (and maybe authentics if you can find them. Sadly the maker never reworked it to give it better airflow so it's limited to <15W. You can actually produce a wide range of volume and density of a given temperature with most any device. It's not just all clouds or not. An avid pipe and cigar smoker when I was younger and truly enjoyed it. Would have had a bad time of it had I not been able to replicate that experience.

Best of luck and if you're curious at all ever about the above, look into the following threads…

Protank MicroCoil Discussion!!
Tensioned Micro Coils. The next step.

:)

Reactions: Ragnar94

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi

Hello, Nayngnottz! Welcome to the forum! I am rather late being a WELCOME WAGON, so please forgive me!

In May of 2010, I found my smoking to be out of control! I watched my mom die of lung cancer and figured that would help me stop. Nope, it put me into overdrive. For the first time in my 42 years of smoking and being a Christian for 25 years, I prayed to Almighty God, Blessed be His Name, to help me and I admitted I was out of control. Up to that point, there was no reason for me to pray about it as I wasn't serious about it. I loved my habit! But, I couldn't have a conversation without hacking up a lung! When I heard myself cough like my mom did, I knew something had to be done. I saw a commercial about vapor on TV, and I wondered if that would help me cut down. Well, to make a long story shorter, my ex found this website. I kept reading about all of the people who gave up cigarettes within a few days and it gave me hope. Well, I did it, too, but I felt like I'd lost my best friend! I literally grieved over the loss of my habit. Now how stupid is that! And everywhere I looked on TV, people were smoking! My ex gave me a way to take control over it, and I used that. Every time I would weaken, I would say, "I CHOOSE NOT to smoke!" There were some moments that I didn't think I was going to win, but I kept saying that sentence over and over, if I had to. I started out with a very small system. I felt like I'd lost my best friend! Then, it dawned on me.....best friends don't try to kill you!

After two or three weeks, I told my family that I had quit smoking and they didn't believe it! My doctor was shocked! My dentist was shocked! My son was shocked! The one who was most shocked, was me. So I can tell you, I'll be celebrating my 7th anniversary this month. You couldn't pay me enough to pick cigarettes again. My doctor said yesterday that he uses me as an example to his other smoking patients. He said it wasn't the nicotine that was harmful, it's the tar and carcinogens that will kill you! I am so so so very thankful for e-cigarettes! It has saved my life! My x-rays are normal. THAT is a MIRACLE! THANK YOU JESUS! Where are my bananas!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread