CigRX launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I've been using the CigRx for over a month now, on occasion, in conjunction with vaping, snusing and sucking on my Ariva and Stonewalls. I don't quite know what to make of it, especially considering that I'm using pretty much everything that's available out there to help me curb my urges, but I've noticed that I'm reaching for those little pills more and more often recently. I didn't expect much at the beginning, but I'm finding that I really like those things. They definitely work, in a different way that snus or dissolvables, and they are perfect as a supplement to vaping. The interesting thing I noticed is that while snus is somewhat relaxing, the CigRx is both calming and stimulating, not unlike cigarettes. I now always have a box in my purse and pop a pill whenever I have to sit through a lengthy meeting or other social gathering where vaping or even snusing would not be practical. It calms me down and sharpens my faculties in a very pleasant way. As a matter of fact, it's become my favorite way of fighting cigarette cravings.

I'm not sure how and why it works, but it seems to be working very well for me. YMMV, of course, but I highly recommend ordering at least a sample box. I was pleasantly surprised.

This sounds like it could be an good compliment to vaping? Just ordered a single sample pack for $4 bucks.

tescela

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
This sounds like it could be an good compliment to vaping? Just ordered a single sample pack for $4 bucks.

That is precisely right. In my experience thus far, CigRx -- when used with vaping -- provides some of what is missing from vaping alone.

To me, the difference was more subtle than I'd hoped, but the effect is beneficial.

Now, if we could just get tceight, kinabaloo and/or Dvap to tell us the best way to make the CigRx tablets vapable and add them into our regular eLiquid, then things might start getting really interesting.

Frankly, I am surprised that one of them hasn't already done this and reported the results.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana

tescela

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
I thought this was interesting for anyone looking to avoid employer testing for tobacco use.

"Anabasine and Anatabine as Biomarkers for Tobacco Use during Nicotine Replacement Therapy1"

Anabasine and Anatabine as Biomarkers for Tobacco Use during Nicotine Replacement Therapy — Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention

A useful piece of information about which I had been wondering is revealed in this study:

"The half-lives of anabasine and anatabine, based on urinary excretion data, were found to be 16 h and 10 h, respectively"

So, whereas the CigRx website only has data showing anatabine levels over the course of the first hour or so after taking a tablet, this study appears to suggest that the half-life of the anatabine in CigRx is ~ 10 hours. By itself, this is potentially actionable information for self-titration.

This also gives us a benchmark against which to measure our subjective experience when taking CigRx in tablet form, and -- hopefully, in short order -- when using the CigRx converted to vapable form (i.e., when we are able to vape a combination of nicotine, anabatine and yerba mate).

tescela

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Are there any updates from people using these?
Still using them? Not worth it? Best thing since sliced bread?
Thanks

Feedback has been mixed. Some have claimed significantly benefit. Others, not so much.

One sample pack is free (I think there is a $4 shipping fee), so why rely on another person's opinion instead of just trying it yourself?

deusXmchna

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
TX
so why rely on another person's opinion instead of just trying it yourself?

(that was a bit snarky :confused:)

The trial isn't listed on their site anymore, but I've emailed them about them. On their site, they want to lock consumers into those horrible auto-ship schemes- and their least expensive ($40), is quite a bit of money for me right now. I'm fighting with my insurance over thousands of dollars in apparently necessary monthly prescriptions & procedures for heart & kidney failure.

I wouldn't rely on one persons opinion. If we had 10, or 20 people concluding exactly the same thing after the 5 months since the thread was active (particularly without few detractors) that would be useful.

tescela

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
(that was a bit snarky :confused:)

The trial isn't listed on their site anymore, but I've emailed them about them. On their site, they want to lock consumers into those horrible auto-ship schemes- and their least expensive ($40), is quite a bit of money for me right now. I'm fighting with my insurance over thousands of dollars in apparently necessary monthly prescriptions & procedures for heart & kidney failure.

I wouldn't rely on one persons opinion. If we had 10, or 20 people concluding exactly the same thing after the 5 months since the thread was active (particularly without few detractors) that would be useful.

I definitely did not mean for my comment to be snarky or rude, and I apologize if it came across that way, deusXmchna.

I'm also sorry to hear about your health challenges and your battle with insurance to cover medically-necessary medications.

I don't know anything about CigRx's current promotions, but you can call them and ask about the getting a free or inexpensive sample package. I believe several people have commented that they were pressured to sign up for large orders, recurring orders, etc. Evidently, the key was to keep repeating that the only way you are going to try their products -- and potentially become a longer-term customer -- is if you are given a sample pack.

If that doesn't work, there may be someone on this forum that buys CigRx regularly, and could send you single container to try.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Deus, I've been using my CigRX for awhile now, on and off, in cunjuction with vaping and snusing. I think it helps, somewhat, but it's not a smoking replacement pill. I feel it provides a little MAOI kick, which is nice, but not a game changer.

Snus and dissolvable tobacco, like Stonewall and Ariva, provide whole tobacco alkaloids, just like cigarette smoking does. BTW, the company manufacturing CigRX also manufactures Stonewall and Ariva, which are excellent. I know nothing about being pressured to make repeat orders, but I ordered my first carton a long time ago; it may have changed since then.

I agree with Tescela that the best way is to just order a single free package and try it for yourself. If you can't find it on their website, give them a call and ask if the offer is still available. If not, I'll be happy to send you a sample.

Tescela is not snarky, trust me! Never has been. Just helpful. :)

deusXmchna

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
TX
Snus and dissolvable tobacco, like Stonewall and Ariva, provide whole tobacco alkaloids, just like cigarette smoking does. BTW, the company manufacturing CigRX also manufactures Stonewall and Ariva, which are excellent. I know nothing about being pressured to make repeat orders, but I ordered my first carton a long time ago; it may have changed since then.

I agree with Tescela that the best way is to just order a single free package and try it for yourself. If you can't find it on their website, give them a call and ask if the offer is still available. If not, I'll be happy to send you a sample.

Tescela is not snarky, trust me! Never has been. Just helpful. :)

I've been using Arriva's for... well, since they made the java flavored. I was gifted a bunch by a tobacconist who wasn't having luck selling them. I plan on ordering Stonewalls when they run out.

Still waiting for an email back from them, will call on Monday if no reply.

Yeah, I apologized to Tescela in PM earlier today. Very embarassing behavior on my part. Frustrations made me start seeing enemies where there were none. Apologies to all who read it.
I know I can erase/edit- but I prefer to leave my "bad behavior" posts up, as a permanent reminder to myself of the power and permanency of words. Even if I erased it- I can't erase it from the memories who read it, or Tescela's, who I struck at.
Again, apologies to all, and thank for your offer and consistent "soft touch", Katya. (The owl avatar suits your personality.) 'nuf said!

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
My sample is still sitting on the shelf. With snus and Stonewalls at hand, ti just didn't compare. I keep thinking I'll try them again when I'm really stuck somewhere.... but then again, there is snus, and Stonewalls!

Anybody heard anything from Tropical Bob???!
Nevermind, I just scrolled up and checked his posts.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thanks for the link to Bob's video, Telsie.

I've been using my CigRX from the day it went on sale and I feel it works just fine in conjunction with vaping. I never thought about combining it with dissolvables; in my experience, Ariva and (1/2) of a Stonewall pellet are fine on their own, pretty much like snus (well, not quite like snus). But since I've been taking, on average, 2 CigRX a day, I have been combining them with dissolvables, after all. :)

I agree with Bob that they do not do enough on their own.

Hi katya, Thank You!
I would like to try CigRX with Ariva or Stonewall. I can pick up a pack of Ariva at Rite-Aid. Sample CigRX offer still open?

My offer still stands. If you need a sample of anything, like Swedish snus, Stonewall, or CigRX, just PM me. BTW, Stonewalls are 4 mg per pellet, be careful. They pack a wallop.I know about frustrations.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi katya, Thank You!
I would like to try CigRX with Ariva or Stonewall. I can pick up a pack of Ariva at Rite-Aid. Sample CigRX offer still open?

Yes, it is. Just send me your address.

Rite-Aid sells Ariva?????? In OC, California?

Last edited:
Thanks, Katya. I just ordered 10 free CigRX samples. $3.95 shipping. And cancelled the trial order as you have instructed. Yes, selected Rite-Aids do carry Ariva and also Stonewall. For the complete list you can contact sales department at 1-866-462-7482 Ariva Smoke Free tobacco- The Future of Tobacco I was a straight analoger for more than 25 years. pac a day one. I've been vaping 18 mos on and off. I did not vaped and smoked a cigar same time. I mean... It was more like vaping for 30 days followed by intense analoging for 30 days. (someone explain this for me) Occasionally, when I vaped halo bella 24mg right after a cig it reminded me more how much I like piping. I am a golf fanatic. Every golfer wants the same thing - how can I hit it further. Tension in your golf swing reduces your club head speed. Recently, I am noticing less distance and higher putting averages. I have not had any analogs since Jan.

Yes, it is. Just send me your address. Rite-Aid sells Ariva?????? In OC, California?

Last edited:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
I'm enjoying TB's video. Interesting that they are testing these to treat Alzheimers. Anyhow, I went to order some to have delivered to my cousin and her huband who have been having a terrible time trying to stop smoking. Her husband has bad COPD. They are selling 20 10-packs (200 pieces) for 39.99. As I was checking out, I noticed that there was a space for a coupon code. I did a quick search for a code and tried out the first one I found: "todays 10". Wow! It took 50% off the sales price and removed the shipping charge. So my cousin is getting this order that is only costing me a a total of $19.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread