Cincinnati Airport and E-Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TM79

Aug 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Yesterday was my first time back at Cincinnati Northern Kentucky Airport (CVG) since I've started vaping. I was sitting in an out of the way area stealth vaping when I pulled out my phone to find out if CVG had an official stance on e-cigs... The following was stated on their website:

Smoking (including electronic cigarettes) is only permitted in the smoking lounge located on the ticketing level of the Terminal and Sunday through Friday in the Wolfgang Puck bar area of Concourse B (7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.) and Saturday (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)

I had been in that lounge a year ago when flying out of CVG and it was your typical airport smoking lounge (a smoke-filled room crammed with sad looking smokers, getting their fix). Please, don't get me wrong, I was VERY thankful for the ability to smoke inside of security. Most airports could care less about smokers and force them to go outside of security to smoke or try to keep it together for a few more hours until they reach their final destination.

So there I sat, phone in hand and realized I was doing something that was not allowed. I then made my way toward the smoking lounge and when I got within fifty feet of it, I thought to myself, "wait, I'm not smoking and I don't feel like being in a smoke filled room!" So I returned to my out of the way area and continued to stealth vape well into our flight being delayed... My coworker, who smokes analogs, informed me that it now costs six dollars to enter the smoking lounge. They will, of course, stamp your hand so that you don't have to pay to re-enter (how considerate)... Everyone I have shared this story with (including non-smokers) has been outraged (mainly that they charge smokers to enter the smoking lounge).

Anyway, I feel like this is probably what is coming down the line for e-cigs in airports. More than likely they will be banned altogether in most airports. I know that these regulations are being made mostly by non-smokers who are ignorant of what electronic cigarettes are and I urge you to write to the people in power and urge them not to ban electronic cigarettes. As for the CVG airport, their contact information is below.

info@cvgairport.com

Kenton County Airport Board
P.O. Box 752000
Cincinnati, OH 45275

Also, it would be nice to have a compiled list of studies that have been done that we can quote when we write to these folks. I'm not sure if there is one already compiled...

I appreciate this site and its efforts to fight for our rights. After all, most of us are simply taking action to improve our health.

Respectfully,

TM

Dj tank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Ann Arbor michigan
I suppose they are getting away with the charge because people feel they shouldn't have to use their tax dollars to pay for the cleaning of the smoking lounge, etc?

sigh.
By this logic i dont think my tax dollars should go for people who take sha-doobies in the airport bathroom... Should we also charge 6 for the toilet use as well?

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
By this logic i dont think my tax dollars should go for people who take sha-doobies in the airport bathroom... Should we also charge 6 for the toilet use as well?

Oh, I hear you,,,,,,,,,,but people don't like to pay for what they don't use. In fact, they often make a huge stink about it.

maherk

Moved On
Dec 20, 2013
west chester
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread