Status
Not open for further replies.

John Top

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2010
Amelia, OH
A quick review of my experience today;

Around 80 flavors to try, nice shiny toys behind the counter, comfy couches (don't plop, settle in and they'll hug ya back,) friendly and well rounded staff, I think the Cincy store is one of the best retail locations in the area. It doesn't feel like they're selling you anything, but yet somehow you walk out with a bag and receipt. Bravo AltSmoke, bravo.

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
cincinnatistore.jpg

Here's a better picture so people don't have to walk in on their hands :)

Scoop224

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Cincinnati
My Wife and I just got home after visiting the Eastgate store today... Just wanted to relay my initial thoughts on the place & it's staff.

As soon as we walked in the door we were warmly greeted by everyone and made to feel welcome. Not once did I feel pressured to buy anything, more like these guys were genuinely interested in my vaping journey. Of course, the fact that I was carrying a full compliment of APV's, RBA's and DCT's in my vape caddy didn't hurt. These guys know their stuff and were on the ball with every question I thought to ask them. They were familiar with all kinds of devices, not only the products that they had on display, but also about other seller's/manufacturer's products and even a thorough knowledge of a lot of "boutique" products. This really impressed me.

I picked up an old favorite juice that I hadn't had in a long time, and my Wife got herself a sweet eGo spinner kit and some gnarley cinnamon juice.

Frank is a super nice dude and was excited to talk shop about building wicks and coils and even hooked me UP with a few pointers & much needed materials for rebuilding one of my tank/dripper RBA's. seriously made a loyal customer in a matter of moments!

Even though we got there around closing time, these guys were less concerned with leaving work, than about helping other vapers and discussing vaping and gear, it's safe to say that there is a passion for the hobby that exists at this store.

The whole time was like a nice visit with friends, and we never felt like we had to rush out the door. Sorry we kept you guys late... It's great to visit a business that shows that much consideration for customers instead of just the "bottom line". That's priceless.

Anyone close to Cincinnati should really take a trip to Eastgate to see the store, it looks great and is very warm & and inviting. Can't eait to go back when I have enough time to sit in the lounge and blow clouds for a few hours.

ThaHealer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Gone AWOL
Stopped in today and really enjoyed it. The staff were all friendly and helpful. It's nice to finally have a shop nearby to see and feel some of the latest gear. The juice bar was cool and I enjoyed trying all the different flavors. Walked out with a new RSST that I'm enjoying right now with my favorite juice. One of the staff mentioned that they would be having grill outs and other events once they get more settled in. Looking forward to meeting lots of other vapers in the area.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Made my first visit to the store yesterday since they opened. I didn't need any gear but I did sample nearly a third of the 80-some flavors that they have conveniently set up at their juice bar. The bar has clearomizers loaded with sample flavors and labeled by the name of the flavor all across the bar. You are offered a 650 mAh Volt variable voltage Spinner and your own disposable condom mouthpiece which you use to taste whatever flavor passes your fancy. You can sit on a bar stool and chat while you test flavors.

The staff are very friendly and obviously enthusiastic about their jobs, and are very knowledgeable and more than willing to answer questions.

I ended up purchasing my first ever tobacco flavor, Evo's Black Diamond. I also got some NicQuid Biscotti and Banana Nut Bread which were my top favorites for the day. Oh, and I got an AltSmoke T-shirt.

The store has very nice display cases and a large assortment of Smokeless Image 808 and X2's, and a complete line of Spinners and Twists in an assortment of colors. All the necessary gear you need from carts to clearomizers to tanks. An assortment of APV's. I recall seeing Silver Bullets, Omega's, BB's, Vamo's, ZMax's, MVP's, and possibly an SVD?

The store looks high class with a black ceiling and hardwood floors, dark orange and tan walls, with minimal lighting except for spots on the display cases and elegant drop-down ceiling lights. A large screen TV hangs on the wall with an electronic fireplace below it. Some nice music was playing in the background. Comfy couches to relax and chat with fellow vapors. There are multiple checkout areas, including an "express" checkout for when you know what you want and need to get out in a hurry.

:toast: Kudo's to Rob and Frank and the rest of the staff for bringing us such a great place to purchase supplies and to meet other local vapors.

I was told an official grand opening will be held next month, including a pig roast at the store. I'm sorry guys, but I forget the date, but keep an eye out and keep that day open on your calender. I will be certain to attend (I like pig :laugh:) and I hope to meet other vapors in the area.

Last edited:

gilpdawg

Apr 15, 2012
New Paris
I stopped in today to pick up (yet another) spinner. They are very nice and professional but also it's kind of a "just hanging out" vibe at the same time. I'll go back in next time I'm in town. I've been to both the Cinci and Columbus stores now and they are top notch. The dudes know what they are talking about, and are very helpful towards noobs. (which I'm not, but I overheard them helping one out)

Schmoggs

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2012
Kentuckiana
My wife and I spent the weekend in Cinncinati and I made sure we drove out to check out the store since we have nothing even close to this in Louisville. I was very impressed with their customer service and their willingness to spend the time with you while checking stuff out. My wife doesn't vape and was also impressed at how the staff included her in our discussions. We've had issues with car salesmen before shopping for her car and she really appreciated being included. I did not end up buying a mod or anything really fun but I did pick up a protank and some flanged dct cartos because I have to buy something when I visit retailers such as this. Next time I plan on trying some juice I just don't know when "next time" will be. It was mentioned that Louisville is part of some future plans and I hope that is true and I hope that the future is soon. I really want somewhere local I can go and get more than china juice and knockoff ego batteries. Loved the store and definately will stop in again if I'm in the area. Keep up the good work and hope to see you in the Louisville area SOON!

FR3DM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
North Carolina
After I had gotten off of work for the last 3 days I went and hung out at the Cincinnati store, the staff is incredibly knowledgeable, friendly, courteous. They greet each and every person that walked through the door with a smiling face and a "Welcome to Altsmoke" it was very refreshing to see. I tried about every juice they had and all the flavors was good, there wasn't one I couldn't Vape. The store inside is beautiful, classy! Next time I am in the area I will definitely go back. When I run out I will purchase some more juices online, which are "Butterscotch" which to me is spot on for flavor, tastes just like the little butterscotch candies we all know and love. "Banana Nut Bread" which again was spot on, can even taste the black walnut on the exhale. "Biscotti" which is a almond biscotti, I felt like I needed a cup of coffee to dunk it in to. "Strawanna Smoothie" which lives up to its name, neither flavor was more over powering than the other, they blended very well together. "Apple-Pom smoothie" which is a very clean refreshing, little tart, little sweet tasty Vape. As I said Great store, Great Staff, Great juices! Two thumbs up!

Blight23yo

Jun 26, 2011
Ohio
Hi. I can't find it anywhere so I thought I would ask here. Is this store open today or tomorrow as today is the 4th of July? I know some places stay open and some don't and I'd really like to check this store out. I used to vape a couple of years ago and some stuff happened and I got away from it and I really want to give it another go and would like to actually see in person and be able to hold the devices before I decide on one and would love to try out some altsmoke juice. Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread