Status
Not open for further replies.

dopeh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Montreal
I got my first LR 510 and 306 from Avid about 3-4 weeks ago, in both 1.5 and 2.0 ohm. None of them had primer as expected, so I prepped the 2.0 510 and it's awesome. Been using it for weeks. The 1.5 510 tastes awful though, burnt and unusable. The 2.0 306 is also great, and I've not tried the 1.5 306 yet.

Since I liked the 2.0 510 so much I ordered a few more, just got them today. Popped the cap off one and it is full of liquid - did he start using primer now? Weak. I blew it out and reprimed it, let it sit etc, and it tastes and vapes ok, but almost every time I hit the button the atty will pop before giving me the familiar sizzle. If there's a lot of juice in it, the pop will send a drop of burning liquid flying out the drip tip. What's with this popping crap and primer fluid?!

OK I checked the others and they have no liquid in them - wtf? I've not tried them yet, I like to keep them dry til I put them to use.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Never ever got a Cisco with primer oil. Have 2 in route so I'll know if things have changed.

LR306DTS Cisco LR306 1.5 ohm Atomizer + Drip Tip Special 1 19.99 19.99
Discounts: -1.00
Shipping: 2.47
Order Total: 21.46
Shipment Information
Shipped on 2/23/2011

Btw the same for both 510s LRs 1.5 & 2.0

Last edited:

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I have around 50 Ciscos and no primer. Last batch came in about two weeks ago. Hopefully just a manufacturing mix up. I doubt there is a single Cisco fan umongst us that would be cheering for primer. Man I hate that junk and the person who decided to add it to any atty should be flogged!!!!!

50 ?? Dam you have me beet by a few :)
I wish Issac would get some 2Ω 510 attys back in stock ... its been 3 months at least.
I'd have more of them and less Cisco 510 2 ohm If I could. They are 95% as good but way cheaper.

Hows the ski season going? I've only been out twice, one day and one night (Burrrrrrrr!)
Nice to see you in the REO sub-forum ... you need to add a REO to the collection .... If you can put the ProVari down for a bit.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
50 ?? Dam you have me beet by a few :)
I wish Issac would get some 2Ω 510 attys back in stock ... its been 3 months at least.
I'd have more of them and less Cisco 510 2 ohm If I could. They are 95% as good but way cheaper.

Hows the ski season going? I've only been out twice, one day and one night (Burrrrrrrr!)
Nice to see you in the REO sub-forum ... you need to add a REO to the collection .... If you can put the ProVari down for a bit.

Only two days out myself BH! We get a killer winter and wouldn't know work goes crazy and I do not even know what a weekend is for the last 3 months!

I have been eyeballing a REO for sometime, but like everything on my list no stock. Same thing with the Iken gear. Scored a bunch (20) of the V2 Gold drip atty's (really nice at around 4 - 4.4v) and want to try one of his LR 306's.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
How did you get the discount?

ya cough up the code......LOL

Man I thought I searched everywhere for one, even tried to make up a few. Oh well, I ordered anyway and am now on their mailing list.

Maybe next order I'll be in the know.

LOL

Have you ever ordered the special and looked at the email receipt? I never used nor ever known of one. Sorry I haven't replied earlier but I havent read this thread since my first post.

dopeh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Montreal
Got an email back from Avid saying that some workers sometimes prime the atties but are not supposed to. It was indeed a mistake and we can expect our atties to continue being shipped dry for the vast majority.

No replacement was offered or requested, only a suggestion to clean it with vodka. I didn't do that since it works fine, I'll just vape through the remaining primer (which they said is plain PG).

WRT the 1.5ohm 510 that tasted burnt, it was suggested to dewick but leave the bridge intact, which I did. Works fine now and tastes great.

So all is well in Ciscoland, notwithstanding a lack of warranty and a few rogue PG armed workers haha

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Got an email back from Avid saying that some workers sometimes prime the atties but are not supposed to. It was indeed a mistake and we can expect our atties to continue being shipped dry for the vast majority.

No replacement was offered or requested, only a suggestion to clean it with vodka. I didn't do that since it works fine, I'll just vape through the remaining primer (which they said is plain PG).

WRT the 1.5ohm 510 that tasted burnt, it was suggested to dewick but leave the bridge intact, which I did. Works fine now and tastes great.

So all is well in Ciscoland, notwithstanding a lack of warranty and a few rogue PG armed workers haha

Thanks for the follow up and info. This is good news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread