City of Denton TX (North of Dallas Ft Worth) tieing in vaping to smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogar

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Dallas TX
Here is something that has come up in a town very near me. It is a large college town with more bars than churches (in North Texas that is saying a lot).
The 7 man decision making party are going to put to vote (only inside their 7 man circle)
- vaping will be tied in with all smoking ordinances / laws with the same fines as smoking.
- Smoking will only be allowed 30 feet or further from any building entrances and not in any building including bars. The only place in bars that can have a smoking area within 30 feet of a entrance are those with smoking patio's. BUT these have to have 50% exposure to sunlight, 4 foot or lower fences and any walls / fences higher have to have total visibility to the outside area (chain link or separated boards)

Come to find out, there are 37 bars in Denton that this would affect. 4 bars have outdoor patios that would have the prerequisites to allow smoking. All 4 are owned by the same person... Who just so happens to be one of the 7 people on the board that are making the decisions for the rest of the city. Who would have thought...

Reactions: nicnik

Belushi

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
The Colony, TX
Sorry to say, but it is becoming the standard to lump vaping with smoking. Already done in Frisco, TX, soon you will not to be able to vape in the park. Got to admit didn't see it coming in Denton thou, always thought the were more progressive with new ideas.

Lewisville seems to be staying vape friendly. Attended a vape convention there a while back, clouds galore!!! Think I'll try to start favoring lewisville with my dining dollars.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Sorry to say, but it is becoming the standard to lump Vaping with smoking. Already done in Frisco, TX, soon you will not to be able to vape in the park. Got to admit didn't see it coming in Denton thou, always thought the were more progressive with new ideas.

Lewisville seems to be staying vape friendly. Attended a vape convention there a while back, clouds galore!!! Think I'll try to start favoring lewisville with my dining dollars.

Greed trumps progressive ideas every time, hands down.

Andria

Mogar

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Dallas TX
I spoke my mind in the last open forum. I had a few companies that I assisted with startups within the vaping community (making no profit and not having any gain at all) all groups I assisted with were present in one shape or another. My main thrust was this, Denton County is huge (the size of Dallas County approximately) but Denton city is not that big, and has a number of other cities within 5 minutes. Bars are everywhere and the main thrust is that if you piss off the population they will live in Denton, but spend their taxable monies in the other cities.
Vote, if it does not go your way, vote with your cash folks...

Mogar

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Dallas TX
Well who would have thought... the action passed. I have requested it to be sent to me so I can review it and look for loopholes but I don't think I will find any. Denton City (not county) is going to a smoke free environment, and bundling vapor into smoking, save for open air patios (and guess who is a part owner in all bars with open air patios???), you have to love politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread