Clapton Coil question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrikStari

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
30w is not enough power to fire that build properly. Try closer to 80w, seriously. That'll get you closer to 4 volts and you'll truly unleash the power of the fused Clapton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Upped it to 60w. Fires a lot faster, but still a bit warm for me.

Actually, it hits more like a cig now. Awesome.

ErrrKT19

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2014
c.r., co
Upped it to 60w. Fires a lot faster, but still a bit warm for me.

Actually, it hits more like a cig now. Awesome.
if you can get a hold of some higher gauge wires for the wrap (i like 36g kanthal), that's where i realized the benefits of the fused clapton. you'll need less power and it feels like the wicking is better.

Reactions: SteamHead

jbnuke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Trenton nj
Welp i have to send you off the deep end and say if you are feeling froggy, run them babies up high... i got claptons ohming out at .36 and when im just wanting a enormous hit, ill ramp them up over 140 watts... enormous cloud and the flavor is like nothing else ive experienced. You can run well past 4 volts if you have good enough wicking and airflow.

Tim Jenson

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
So, I took some advice from this video

And used some fishing swivels I had in my bug out bag to make about three feet of fused clapton wire. Incidentally, I've already used 100 feet of 32 gauge Kanthal. Good thing I bought an extra 100ft roll.

And the video is dead on about buying high-quality swivels. After I made the three foot of fused Clapton, I tried to make about a foot of single core normal Clapton, and after wrapping a few inches of that, all three swivels locked up on me.

Pictures incoming.

What size swivels did you use the I looking on amazon and they give you a choice Out of these choices which should I get?
  • 1.Length:28/30/36/42mm
  • 2.Size:#0/1/2/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread