Clean juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
@NU_FTW - That's yet another reason why I really like TFA flavorings. They're coming out pretty regularly with more of their DX flavorings and versions of some flavorings that are now without ethyl alcohol.
Yea, i never buy the ones with ethyl alcohol either... To see them go from clearly stating on their website that their flavorings are not for vaping to realizing the industry is going to benefit them, now the DX stuff is AWESOME! I was finally able to make some cream recipes like my peach gummy rings and smurf berry! It really made me smile when i saw they cared about safety of vapers or at least sales to smart DIY/Manufacturers who care.

Reactions: JCinFLA

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
The way I look at it is this . When someone refers to diketones they're usually saying ap or diacetyl. It is not proven that diacetyl gives you popcorn lung. We inhaled all of that stuff everyday when we were smoking cigarettes. At ten times higher levels too. It's not like it causes cancer and all of that either.
There are a lot of things considered to be diketones. While yes diacetyl is not really the boogey man the media made it out to be.... for me it is all about what i stated earlier. If i am going to not smoke cigs and instead vape to be healthier, i will avoid any unnecessary ingredients.

Reactions: 440BB

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Yea, i never buy the ones with ethyl alcohol either...

I do buy a few of them that have EA in them, because I just gotta have those flavorings! But, if there are 2 versions of a flavoring...1 with it and 1 without it, I'll always buy the 1 without it. I also never vape an eliquid with a flavoring that has EA in it, without first letting it evaporate off, sometimes for several days if it's a 50-100+mL bottle of it. For me, it's a matter of getting a bad headache or not, since EA causes an immediate one for me.

Reactions: NU_FTW

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
On the bottle of ingredients it just says Nicotine, pg, vg, and artificial flavoring. Now I know they can lie about it but I have had some juice and it said diacetyl or ap on the side by the ingredients
There is no legal requirement to state otherwise. As teh diketones are usually part of the artificial flavoring, they technically have it listed as an ingredient. Never assume just because it isnt listed that it is free of any undesirable toxins

Reactions: JCinFLA

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
On the bottle of ingredients it just says Nicotine, pg, vg, and artificial flavoring.

That's what most ready-made eliquids say on them. They don't have to tell you what's in those artificial flavorings. They've covered their own backsides just stating those few ingredients.

If I were you, I'd just learn how to DIY eliquids. It's really not nearly as difficult as many think it is, and that way only you determine what's in the eliquids you vape. It's also much less expensive to DIY.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
So I emailed the owner , and he emailed me back and said that It is lab tested and diketones free, and that they don't use custard bases that contain any diketones. When I emailed him I said does this line contain any diketones or anything or do you have test results and that's what he said back to me.
If it were me, being the shop owner/creator. I would pride myself on being lab tested diketone free and pure... therefore those results would not only be available to public but would nearly be pushed on potential customers as another selling point... I wonder why he didnt email the results to you..

I wonder if he has individual ingredients tested like NN does when they ship out nic pg vg etc and then lets say for the sake of argument all his flavorings come from TFA maybe that is what he is insisting is lab testing... not actually a complete product being tested.

I am skeptical though. You dont need to prove anything to me/us. Just pointing out things i would be looking at

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I don't trust sales people/owners. I don't treat them negatively, either. Their has just been to many times in my life when it was better to know for myself what is going on in a given situation. My health, family, and my money for that matter, are valuable to me.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
When I emailed him I said does this line contain any diketones or anything or do you have test results and that's what he said back to me.

Well, what was he going to say about the "or anything" part? Maybe he's not even exactly sure what the term "diketones" includes. I bet if you even asked 5 people who DIY, what things are included in the term "diketones"...you'd probably get 3-4 different answers.

Also, there are other things in flavorings (like butyric acid, ethyl alcohol, triacetin, etc.) that aren't diketones, but I still like to know if they're in something I'm vaping. So were any of those even considered by him in the "or anything" part of your question?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
And wait, aren't diketones only used in buttery, and creamy flavors?

Sometimes it's actually really difficult to tell even which flavorings really might have at least 1 of them in it, until you check the specific ingredients list and notes usually provided. For example: TFA makes a bunch of different chocolate flavorings. Many of them (ie. White Chocolate, Bittersweet Chocolate are just 2 for examples) contain at least 1 of the "custard notes", which is usually acetoin. But, their Milk Chocolate and their Double Chocolate Dark don't contain it or any of the others!

Then, there are other flavorings that aren't buttery or creamy, but they DO contain at least 1 of the "custard notes"...for examples: FW Hazelnut, TFA Key Lime, TFA Peach, TFA Pecan, etc.

Johnnyvapor18

Dec 28, 2016
Sometimes it's actually really difficult to tell even which flavorings really might have at least 1 of them in it, until you check the specific ingredients list and notes usually provided. For example: TFA makes a bunch of different chocolate flavorings. Many of them (ie. White Chocolate, Bittersweet Chocolate are just 2 for examples) contain at least 1 of the "custard notes", which is usually acetoin. But, their Milk Chocolate and their Double Chocolate Dark don't contain it or any of the others!

Then, there are other flavorings that aren't buttery or creamy, but they DO contain at least 1 of the "custard notes"...for examples: FW Hazelnut, TFA Key Lime, TFA Peach, TFA Pecan, etc.
See I only vape sweet flavors like sweet tart , needs rope. Stuff like that

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
Like the others have said a clean room is great but it doesn't have anything to do with ingredients. There are also substitutes for diacetyl, acetoin, or acetyl propionyl. A LOT of people think only creamy, buttery, milk, batter etc... flavors contain diketones, but it's not the case...

Let's take for instance - Also expanding on what @JCinFLA said
TFA-Apple Granny Smith, TFA- Juicy Peach, TFA-Boysenberry, TFA-Coconut, CAP-Dragon Fruit, FW-Hazelnut, FW-Hard Candy, FW-Jungle Juice, FW-Kiwi, FW-Mango, TFA-Pumpkin Spice, CAP-Raspberry, FW-Salt Water Taffy, TFA-Huckleberry, or TFA-Watermelon, and the list goes on.... Can you imagine what combinations of juice you can make just from these?

"ALL" of the above contain either diacetyl, acetoin, or acetyl propionyl. This is why you need lab reports. Because it's also in flavors not known to be buttery or creamy. This is why TFA has the new (DX) line free of diketones.

If you kindly ask them for those lab reports, and he or she gets offended, I would move on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread