Status
Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I'm sure this has been asked before, but the search engine here isn't specific enough and returns thousands of results.

I filled a new XL chrome carto with a VG based vanilla juice, about 1.5ml worth. The output is all over the place, from good, heavy vaper to almost no vaper. I can "force" it if I shake the PV like a fever thermometer, but I'm worried about juice getting into the battery, and, frankly, my wrist is getting sore. I suspect it's a problem with the heavy viscosity of the juice and the capillary action of the carto. The next time I fill I'll thin it out the VG, about 25%, with some purified water, but in the mean time I'd like to clean out this carto.

I've used isopropyl alcohol to clean attys before with good results, but don't know the best, handiest method to clean a cartridge like these. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:

biljana.raven

Apr 3, 2012
Serbia
Here is how i clean my cartos:

First if I filled it with a new juice and realize I don't like it, I spin the carto to drain it of the juice.
Here is a video how to do it: Reverse Taryn Spin - YouTube

If it is otherwise a new carto I just fill it with different juice and its fine, but if its dirty:

Then you can either rinse them with alcohol, (I use a syringe that I modified by gluing a piece of those rubber caps cartos come in)
or boil then in distiled water.

I personally do both sometimes if I have time, and not many spare cartos.
But boiling will usually get them pretty clean, and after that, you can spin them again to get the water out, that way they will dry quicker.
Or you can rinse them with alcohol after the boiling, since alcohol evaporates a lot quicker.

Hope I helped!

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
If you have any incandescent light bulbs within reach, say a lamp, you can quickly dry a carto by balancing it on the battery end on top of the bulb. It will thoroughly dry the carto within 20-30 min. The filler is pretty dense, so drying can take a day or more otherwise. Use a cloth to remove it because it will be very hot when you're done, or just turn off the light and wait a few minutes. Good luck!

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I'm going to experiment with the boiling method, not sure I have vodka around, lots of burbon though. I did find that what I call "the sling psychrometer method", ie spinning the carto on a lanyard, helps a lot with filling and I'm sure it will work as effectively for emptying. If I get some time in the next day or so I'm going to give it a shot. The vanilla VG I'm using is fairly stronly flavored so it will be a good test.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
I'm going to experiment with the boiling method, not sure I have vodka around, lots of burbon though. I did find that what I call "the sling psychrometer method", ie spinning the carto on a lanyard, helps a lot with filling and I'm sure it will work as effectively for emptying. If I get some time in the next day or so I'm going to give it a shot. The vanilla VG I'm using is fairly stronly flavored so it will be a good test.

I don't clean the vanilla ones. I like the taste of a lil vanilla mixed with a lot of things. My favorite is to near empty a prefilled SI vanilla, then fill with sweet tea. Weird, but it's Gooooooood. Also, coffee flavors in vanilla are fabulous. LOL

JoeM86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Tacoma, Washington, USA
Today i've seen that they have 808 threads making them ideal for volt batteries, Specially the X2's.
Make sure you use the 2.8Ω Versions.

Why is this? I just ordered the Pheonix yesterday in 2.4-2.6 ohm. I only have the regular Volt batteries and want to get an X2 soon.

Konstantine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
Greece
www.niquidtest.com
Because you are going to draw more current from the battery by using lower resistance.
example
Regular VOLT carto: 2.8Ω draws 1.32Amps
Different carto 2.4Ω draws 1.54Amps
and so on.

Might be slightly different but you are on the edge. This also mean lower working times, you are draining the battery faster.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Why is this? I just ordered the Pheonix yesterday in 2.4-2.6 ohm. I only have the regular Volt batteries and want to get an X2 soon.

I have the 2.4-2.6ohm and the 2.6-2.6ohm phoenix, there is no noticeable battery life difference. On a 78mm battery with the 2.6-2.8 you will get approx. 16:48 of actual vaping (that's the amount if time the battery is activated), or 320, 3 sec puffs, the 2.4-2.6 will give you approx 15:36 or 300 puffs. The 65mm will give you 10:48 and 9:36 respectively.

Those times are minutes and seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread