Cleaning Kanger ProTank and Heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrt_

Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
Hello, if i want to switch up juices to try another flavor then whats the best way to go about it? Also, should I switch heads everytime I change juices or can those be cleaned as well? Thanks.

just soak it in vodka or any other unflavored higher proof alcohol, or even everclear...it takes out all the smell and cleans it very good. Just be careful with polycarbonate tanks with too high proof as it could damage it.

Red_Bird

Moved On
Apr 11, 2013
Montgomery County, NY
I run hot tap water up in it while holding a finger under the mouthpiece....then shake and rinse. I repeat this 6-7 times and then toss head and body in a rubbermaid container full of distilled water......after 20-30 min in distilled water I remove atty + body with tweezers and lay them on an old towel to dry (an hour or more).

Haven't needed to dry burn at all yet.....no tap water contaminants left.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Some have said that dry burning burns the insulator, resulting in burnt flavor, even with clean coils and wicks. Here's what happened to me:

In my last attempt at cleaning & dry burning, I took about 20+ evod and protank heads, pulled the stems and flavor wicks, soaked and rinsed repeatedly in warm water, thoroughly dried. I then rotated between 4 batteries, giving each coil about a 3 second burn 'till it glowed, and repeated this about 5 times. After they cooled, I put a clean cotton flavor wick on each, and put them back together. The result? I've gotten no more than a full EVOD tank out of any of them before they started producing burnt hits, so I'm wondering if I may have burned the insulators? And if I recoil these heads with cotton, are they still going to go burnt on me?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Have you tried rebuilding the coil in these tanks? Super easy and easy more cost effective.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Ok I have had it so many comments about rebuilding coils being super easy.

What exactly are you talking about rebuilding coils?
Does it involve soldering?
Do you need a magnifier to see what you are doing - ie precision tools?
Does it involve wrapping fine wire into a coil with non-touching coils?
Does it involve the magic of getting a tiny wick to through a 1mm diameter coil?

PdoubleU

Oct 1, 2013
Stockton
I just drop my coil head in a cup of hot water and let it soak overnight. Then I let it dry on a paper towel. I do this every couple of days before I get any burnt taste. Then I put the coil head on the base remove the chimney and attach it to my cheap ego battery and dry burn for a second til it glows. I leave the flavor wicks in place cause last time I removed them I lost them. I put a drop of e liquid on the wicks and let it soak in. Then I put the tank back together and vape on.
I had some juice that would burn quick in the iclear, but never had that problem with the protank.
I think the key is cleaning before its burnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread