Cleaning Kanger ProTank and Heads

Discussion in 'Clearomizers' started by blahzay, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. blahzay

blahzay Full Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Hello, if i want to switch up juices to try another flavor then whats the best way to go about it? Also, should I switch heads everytime I change juices or can those be cleaned as well? Thanks.
  2. liebers19

liebers19 Full Member Verified Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Hazleton PA 18201
    I toss mine in a cup with warm water over night unless you use something like pluid or very dark you should be OK to just rinse and dry for a lil

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  3. blahzay

blahzay Full Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Ok thanks. Does that go for the head as well or just the tank? Should I replace heads with a new flavor or can they been cleaned and reused as well?
  4. datacreek

datacreek Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2010
    Yes, that goes for the heads as well.
  5. jrt_

jrt_ Full Member Verified Member

Apr 10, 2013
    United States
    just soak it in vodka or any other unflavored higher proof alcohol, or even takes out all the smell and cleans it very good. Just be careful with polycarbonate tanks with too high proof as it could damage it.
  6. Red_Bird

Red_Bird Moved On

Apr 11, 2013
    Montgomery County, NY
    I run hot tap water up in it while holding a finger under the mouthpiece....then shake and rinse. I repeat this 6-7 times and then toss head and body in a rubbermaid container full of distilled water......after 20-30 min in distilled water I remove atty + body with tweezers and lay them on an old towel to dry (an hour or more).

Haven't needed to dry burn at all tap water contaminants left.
  7. Lowlife

Lowlife Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2013
    Either run hot water over/in everything as long as my hand can take it. Or let it all soak in hot water for an hour or so (or until I remember). Lay it all out and let it dry on a paper towel. Fill 're up and vape.

I have used the same head for over 2 weeks so far.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
  8. Buckshot

Buckshot Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2013
    I soak the tank and only the tank in 50/50 white distilled vinegar and water for 5 minutes and rinse, good to go! DO NOT PUT RUBBER GROMETS IN THIS SOLUTION!!!!
  9. Heden Aklowd

Heden Aklowd Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2013
    Ferntucky, NV
    I just cleaned my T3s last night with vodka. Worked great & only took about 5 min plus dry time.
  10. mindmajick

mindmajick Moved On

May 26, 2013
    Be careful cleaning with vodka. I recommend a distilled water rinse afterwords since vaping alcohol can be very dangerous.

I know the alcohol is a common practice but personally avoid the risk.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  11. DantesInferno

DantesInferno Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Have you tried rebuilding the coil in these tanks? Super easy and easy more cost effective.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  12. 317Vapers

317Vapers Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    This is what I do to clean & dry burn before I swap out juices!
  13. gando_salo

gando_salo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 27, 2013
    Orlando, Florida, United States
    I actually dip mine in rubbing alcohol overnight and in the morning I take it out and let it sit all day.. the alcohol just evaporates and you have an almost brand new coil..
  14. oc_in_fw

oc_in_fw Full Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Thanks for the video, 317. I am two weeks into this, and my first atomizer is starting to perform poorly (I was a pack a day smoker). I have spares, but if I can get some more life out of them then that is even more money saved.
  15. magicmyst

magicmyst Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Some have said that dry burning burns the insulator, resulting in burnt flavor, even with clean coils and wicks. Here's what happened to me:

In my last attempt at cleaning & dry burning, I took about 20+ evod and protank heads, pulled the stems and flavor wicks, soaked and rinsed repeatedly in warm water, thoroughly dried. I then rotated between 4 batteries, giving each coil about a 3 second burn 'till it glowed, and repeated this about 5 times. After they cooled, I put a clean cotton flavor wick on each, and put them back together. The result? I've gotten no more than a full EVOD tank out of any of them before they started producing burnt hits, so I'm wondering if I may have burned the insulators? And if I recoil these heads with cotton, are they still going to go burnt on me?
  16. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2013
    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
    Ok I have had it so many comments about rebuilding coils being super easy.

What exactly are you talking about rebuilding coils?
    Does it involve soldering?
    Do you need a magnifier to see what you are doing - ie precision tools?
    Does it involve wrapping fine wire into a coil with non-touching coils?
    Does it involve the magic of getting a tiny wick to through a 1mm diameter coil?
  17. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 4, 2013
    Scranton, Pa USA
    Dry burning is relatively easy to do. Just check out some YouTube videos on this.... between that and all the info you will find here you'll be a pro in no time!!
  18. rez667

rez667 Full Member Verified Member

Nov 11, 2013
    I went to clean my Pro Tank 2 last night, and i cant get it apart :( I guess i have to soak it now.. What is the best solution to soak it in?

19. Bintmartin

Bintmartin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2013
    Minnesota, USA
    Everclear vodka. I do soak them in hot water too.

Just some crazy old lady happily vaping away.
  20. PdoubleU

PdoubleU Full Member

Oct 1, 2013
    I just drop my coil head in a cup of hot water and let it soak overnight. Then I let it dry on a paper towel. I do this every couple of days before I get any burnt taste. Then I put the coil head on the base remove the chimney and attach it to my cheap ego battery and dry burn for a second til it glows. I leave the flavor wicks in place cause last time I removed them I lost them. I put a drop of e liquid on the wicks and let it soak in. Then I put the tank back together and vape on.
    I had some juice that would burn quick in the iclear, but never had that problem with the protank.
    I think the key is cleaning before its burnt.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.