Cleaning the Halo G6 battery/Did I just ruin my Halo G6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrplaid

Oct 18, 2011
SC
Hi, everyone. I just started vaping about a month ago and haven't had a regular cigarette since then.

Quick question: is there any kind of documented procedure for cleaning the Halo G6 battery?

Here's my (slightly long-winded) issue: After filling up what I thought was an empty cartomizer with some e-juice and waiting for around half an hour, I attached the cartomizer to my battery and attempted to draw from it. Instead of getting a nice cloud of vapor, I sucked the juice right out of the cartomizer. It was a pretty nasty experience. I removed the cartomizer, and the juice spilled out onto the battery. I'm chalking this up to a faulty cartomizer as I've refilled my other empty cartos with no issues. I tried to dry it up as best I could, and my G6 worked for a few days after that incident. However, I could still feel the dried e-juice sitting in the connector when I screwed the battery to the cart. I would also inhale gritty bits of dried e-juice on taking a drag, which was not ideal.
Yesterday I got it into my head that I'd try to clean the remaining gunk from around battery connection. I used an isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol swab and a paperclip to get into the recesses where the gunk was, and then I used a tiny folded piece of paper to sop of the alcohol. It *looks* like I was successful. The gunk is now gone and I'm not getting those sandy bits of dried e-juice in my mouth when I take a drag.
Now my G6 is producing nice vapor clouds, but it tastes like I'm inhaling a penny. This metal aftertaste I'm experiencing is overwhelming the flavor of the e-juice. The vapor is also burning hotter than I remember and leaving an unpleasant residue in my mouth. I wonder if I'm just inhaling battery acid? Ha!
So, anyone else experience anything like this? Is there a proper way to clean the G6 that I should follow? Should I not ever try to clean the battery connections?
I've already ordered a new battery, so it's not a huge deal if I ruined it. I'd like to know if my G6 battery is salvageable, though.

Thanks for any input!

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Contact Halo and see if you can get a replacement.

I have a feeling the manuals are not as sealed as they look. There MAY be small air holes in the side of the battery post where you can't see them. Because otherwise liquid should not have damaged the manual.

Try shaking the battery down towards and threaded end hard, then try wiping around the battery post in that valley with a thin point of folded tissue or one layer triangle of paper towel.

And buy a spare battery too. You should always have a spare battery (and spare charger) for every ecig you depend on.

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Thanks for the reply!

It's a manual. And I've tried other cartomizers. Every one tastes like a boiled penny.
I have an automatic as well, and it was spared the flood of ejuice that messed up my manual. It tastes fine.

Don't see how juice on the battery could alter the taste in any way...Most cartomizers taste like that new or not. Just my opinion. Dripping ftw.

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
Most cartomizers taste like that new or not. Just my opinion. Dripping ftw.

Pffft...I'll stack the cartos I use against any atty on any device. Horizontal coils are the way vaping is going to go...just watch.

To the op, juice will eventually make it's way into batteries. It's just the nature of the beast lol. Other than what's already been mentioned by the Mouse, just try and not overfill the cartos. As time goes on, the center tube will become compromised, which will allow juice to drain out of the carto easier. This means it will hold less. Keep them wet, but blow out any extra juice into a paper towel. The metallic taste you are getting is from a wet contact. Plus, wet contacts kill performance. Good luck!

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I killed one of my auto G6 batts with a massive carto leak, but not with a manual. hmmmm Hope Halo can help.
Now I blow thru the cartos to be sure they are not over filled and use a paper towel or tissue to wipe everything clean before attaching to the batt. If I have one that is still a tiny bit leaky I use my manual batt, if nothing comes off on the tissue I use my auto batts. bnrk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread