Cleaning the new Mod Tanks question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious since I got my new Reactor and made the video of my first thoughts. When you clean out the tanks it specifically says not to rinse or soak the coil in water. I'm curious as to why you shouldn't do that as I always did that with my Triton coils and there are tons of YouTube cleaning videos where they suggest you rinse or soak similar coils, yet now on the website it says you shouldn't do that for the Triton coils either. So again, i have to ask why>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hamburglar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New Bern, NC
Yeah that worried me a little also. I have several coils. I did not want to mix Tribeca with other flavors. So, I put my used Tribeca coil in a baggie and set it aside for the next time I use Tribeca.

Some flavors mix ok when changing. You really only taste the merged flavors for about 3-4 hits. I have been running through tanks of some 3rd party desert flavors, and this does not seem to be much of a problem. The flavors are similar. But I would not want to merge something like Tribeca with Malibu for example. Those would be some nasty 3-4 hits....lol

I wonder if the coils rust in water??? I'm speculating here. I don't know why we are advised not to rinse them with water.

Rockin Randle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
Trinity, FL, USA
This is from our FAQS

To thoroughly clean the Reactor tank, each individual component should be disassembled. First, unscrew the entire tank from the battery. Once removed, hold the Reactor tank with mouthpiece side down, and unscrew the Base from the Chamber by turning counter-clockwise. Dispose of any remaining E-liquid. Unscrew and remove the coil head from the Base by turning counter-clockwise. Dispose of the coil head, or place in a safe place for later use. Remove the mouthpiece and rinse all components (except for the coil head) under warm water until all E-liquid has been removed. A cotton swab may be used to remove any remaining liquid.

Yes, I read that. What I don't understand is why you're saying now not to rinse the coils. I always rinsed the coils on my Triton with no problems and now the website's also saying not to let the coils on the Tritons as well as the Mods touch water and I just want to know why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hamburglar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New Bern, NC
I think it depends on the flavors. I switch very often because I am still trying new juice all the time. I have been changing flavors every single tank ever since I got the reactor almost 2 weeks ago. The first tank was Tribeca, and I knew it would not mix well with others. So I put that coil in a baggie. Ill use it again with Tribeca or something similar.

The other flavors I have been trying are all sweet desert types. And I get about 4-5 hits of a merged flavor, but then it all seems to transition over to the new flavor cleanly after that..

Ill probably end up keeping 3 "wet" coils. One for Tribeca or any other mild tobacco flavor, one for sweet stuff, and one for menthols.

Ill make it a little easier soon. I'm waiting to see what halo does for black Friday and cyber Monday. I've already got my online shopping cart loaded with a second reactor tank, and a couple packs of reactor coils.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
Hey @Saundhaus ,

I do not own the reactor + tank, but looking at the photos I have seen from the site, the coils contain cotton as opposed to the silica wicks of the Triton. The silica wicks can withstand A LOT of use and abuse. The cotton... not so much. Soaking the cotton coils (in my experience) will not clean them enough, but instead make the flavor of juices taste VERY different, and possibly reduce the quality of the cotton causing odd tastes, and dry-hits.

With those types of tanks, it is best to just buy more coils (or rebuild them if you're feeling engineer-y).

Reactions: DaveOno
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread