Cleaning used SS316L coils with 50% Ethanol. Good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokyo87

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
Hello everyone.

OK, I have one strange question. Is it dangerous to clean my used coils with denatured Ethanol (50% Ethanol, 50% distilled water)?

I usually throw my used coils in an Ethanol and leave them in there for a few days and then I clean them further with DW and toothbrush. Can Ethanol react with SS316L coils and damage a metal?

Thank you for your answers in advance.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Hello everyone.

OK, I have one strange question. Is it dangerous to clean my used coils with denatured Ethanol (50% Ethanol, 50% distilled water)?

I usually throw my used coils in an Ethanol and leave them in there for a few days and then I clean them further with DW and toothbrush. Can Ethanol react with SS316L coils and damage a metal?

Thank you for your answers in advance.
May be you should ask a chemist your question. RTS vapes company has a forum on this forum. They have a chemist who takes questions from forum members. Are you refering to prebuilt coil heads? Once the cotton wick gets gunked up I don't believe there is any way to clean it,, only replace it. One reason people rebuild is so they can replace the wick frequently. I re wick twicea week.

EDIT, now I see may be you are talking about just the metal coil material. It's probably okay if there is no wicking involved and all the chemical is rinsed away but why bother? Wouldn't it be easier to make a new coil?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread