Cleaning with vodka?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Only thing I use vodka for is soaking factory coils I want to reuse for another 3-4 days.

For cleaning my syringes and DIY bottles....I just use unscented dish liquid and hot water, then rinse really well. I don't use beakers or graduated cylinders since I mix directly into the eliquid bottle. Had plenty of both of them even before I started DIY, but only used them once. If I did still use them though...would clean them the same way as my syringes & bottles.

Joergl100

Oct 15, 2016
Germany, Lake Constance
Oh yes, that works...
wacko2.gif

the dog

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
Only thing I use vodka for is soaking factory coils I want to reuse for another 3-4 days.

For cleaning my syringes and DIY bottles....I just use unscented dish liquid and hot water, then rinse really well. I don't use beakers or graduated cylinders since I mix directly into the eliquid bottle. Had plenty of both of them even before I started DIY, but only used them once. If I did still use them though...would clean them the same way as my syringes & bottles.
How longdo you soak your coils in vodka? I soaked a few I found when I reused them it tasted a bit strange did it happen to you?

Reactions: ChelsB

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Just hot water is fine... VG and PG wash out very easily with just plain water.

The only time you might use something else is if you get a strong smelling flavour that a hot water wash won't remove. Then use some vinegar for a soak for a few minutes, rinse well and that should help.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Vodka is fine to use. Here are some other suggestions:

Glassware rinses clean with just hot water, and then a run through the dishwasher (without soap if you prefer) for sterilization.

Plasticware, and SS tanks, coils etc, I use drugstore 91% isopropyl alcohol, its even cheaper than vodka. Then a rinse in hot water.

1ml, 3ml, 5ml, and 10ml syringes are only about a 10 cents a piece in bulk. I dont bother trying to clean them, I just throw them away. Syringes - Veterinary Supplies, Medical Products for clinics, hospitals

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
How longdo you soak your coils in vodka? I soaked a few I found when I reused them it tasted a bit strange did it happen to you?

I soaked some for about a week each, and others for 4-5 days each. None had any taste afterwards. However, the ones I soaked...I'd put in a small jar of vodka as soon as I removed them from the tanks. None had sat and gotten all sticky/gunky before soaking them. Maybe that was a problem with yours?

Haven't been using as many factory coils lately though, since I started using pre-wound coils and/or coil building for several tanks I'm using a lot now.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
I soak my coils overnight in vodka then soak them in hot, distilled water. Seems to work OK if the coil is not too far gone.

empteeteacup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tampa, FL
I usually don't clean with vodka unless I get a really nasty juice that lingers in my tank. In that cases I toss the coil head and give the tank a good overnight soak in bottom shelf vodka in a glass or ceramic bowl, followed by a thorough rinse and dry. Definitely do not do it in a plastic bowl. I give one of my RDAs an impromptu patina job doing that :facepalm:

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Wow! From hours to 5 days. Quite a variance in how people clean their coils with vodka! I've tried 24 hours, seemed to work fine. But who knows, perhaps an even longer soak is beneficial.
I use cheap vodka as I'm not comfortable using isopropyl alcohol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mayhem987654
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread