Clearomizer and OHM's ?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Frank NJ, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Frank NJ

Frank NJ Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Hello,

I want to purchase some VISION V2 Clearomizers and wanted your opinion on the OHM's to purchase they have 1.8-2.0, 2.1-2.4, 2.5-2.9 the Mod i'm using is variable from 3.4 all the way to 6.5 volts. I enjoy a nice throat hit and lots of vapor too ;) ... Which one, OHM wise, would work better for me and give me extended battery life and clearomizer life.
    I'm pretty new to vaping so trying to learn it all takes time ..

Thanks, Frank

2. Rudakus

Rudakus Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Generally Higher ohm's will give you better batt life in my experience. What VV PV are you using? When using VV I've generally liked the higher ohm's, but that's me.

-Rudy

3. Stef64

Stef64 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

With variable voltage go with the higher resistance. I like the 3 ohm CE2 clearomizers at about 5 volts.

4. luvinit

luvinit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Definitely higher ohms with vv.. I just got my lavatube not long ago and get the best hit from a 3.0ohm at about 4.7 volts.

5. Rudakus

Rudakus Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

That's why I was asking about what PV the lavatube has a limiting factor to it where the higher ohms will give you a much better hit where as the low ohms won't get limited.

6. sailorman

sailorman Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

If it has a limiter, use higher resistance so you can use the full range of voltages.
    If it doesn't have a limiter, use higher resistance so you don't pop your coil if you have it set too high.
    The higher ohms will last longer and put less stress on the battery as well.

At 6.5V, a 2.5-2.9 ohm clearo will give you from 14.6 to 16.9W if you're current limiter is high enough because that's going to be pulling up to 2.6 Amps. But even a Lavatube should put out close to 6V with that 2.5-2.9ohm range.

7. Frank NJ

Frank NJ Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    HI Rudakus the VV i'm using is the smokbox varicool from smoktek.com. I like it because it's small enough to put in my shirt pocket while at work. Thank you all for your input I will be getting the higher ohm's and see how they work.

: lavatube, smoktek
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.