Clearomizer preservation safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

alxrbk

Dec 17, 2009
Uk
Right, I've been meaning to ask about this for some time, and hopefully for those of you who use clearo's this might help.

Is there any danger inherent to coating your clearo's in pva glue? I usually run a bead around the base of my new clearo's and over any cracks on the sides as a preliminary means of limiting both cracking and leaking; I find that the glue works far better than my previous attempts with tape (which slows any leaks but ends up harbouring a ton of liquid in amongst its tape-y folds), and I'm slightly worried that the liquid might dissolve some of the pva on the outside.

I remember that when I was in school there were a few glue eaters (and yes, I remember trying some myself. Rather bitter.) and they didn't seem to suffer any side effects. I imagine that it's safe to keep doing this but does anyone have a better suggestion? I've thought about sealing my clearo's with super glue but once again, I'd imagine it as even less benign-seeming than pva.

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
Right, I've been meaning to ask about this for some time, and hopefully for those of you who use clearo's this might help.

Is there any danger inherent to coating your clearo's in pva glue? I usually run a bead around the base of my new clearo's and over any cracks on the sides as a preliminary means of limiting both cracking and leaking; I find that the glue works far better than my previous attempts with tape (which slows any leaks but ends up harbouring a ton of liquid in amongst its tape-y folds), and I'm slightly worried that the liquid might dissolve some of the pva on the outside.

I remember that when I was in school there were a few glue eaters (and yes, I remember trying some myself. Rather bitter.) and they didn't seem to suffer any side effects. I imagine that it's safe to keep doing this but does anyone have a better suggestion? I've thought about sealing my clearo's with super glue but once again, I'd imagine it as even less benign-seeming than pva.

Yea, I wouldn't do that! You really don't know what you could be inhaling there. Have you tried the new Fluxomizers or the Smokymizers with the new tubing? Might be a viable alternative for you...

alxrbk

Dec 17, 2009
Uk
I've looked up some reviews of the flux and smokey -mizers and the leaking problem appears to be present in those designs too.

The main reason I use the clearo's is visibility; I like to see my liquid in there, it's also the main reason I've never bought a carto. I might yet decide to try them but when you're vaping on a budget you want something which lasts, and so far, aside from my old atty's which are inexplicably still alive, my clearo's seem to keep going until they crack and leak out; none have been doa, none have had the electronics fail.

I've got the odd 'awesome' clearo which hasn't cracked or leaked at all and I'm happy with those, but (and please forgive my bluntness) my main question is about the possibility of the pva even getting into the clearo once I've sealed it; I'm not even sure that the pg or vg is capable of dissolving the glue, or if the pressure of the liquid inside the clearo is sufficient to keep the glue out, or even if there's a safer way to 'seal' one's clearo's.

I'm aware that answers to this kind of question have been posted - I got the idea for using tape on these forums, but I've not seen anything further. Feel free to respond with a 'lurk moar' comment if this is common knowledge and I've missed it.

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
...by the way, just thought I'd mention...I've now used 15 of the Fluxomizers. They seriously outvape any clearo I've ever tried after a quick seal mod, and I have yet to experience a leak at all. The new ones have the non-cracking material...and come in clear.

Not trying to get off topic here, just thought you might find it helpful. Best of luck with your glue dilemma. Let us know if it doesn't kill ya'! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread