Clearomizers clogging up after one refill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eurotrash

May 17, 2011
D.C.
I bought some clearomizers from and I've been vaping them for a little bit now. seems like they're getting clogged or flooded after only a bit of use (not even one or two refills!)
The first one i used a 80/20 vg/pg mix of Kahlua flavour. This got filled almost all the way up, with a couple cm's of air left in it for good measure. This one got clogged before the cart was empty.
Next, I filled another with a 70/30 mix of blueberry/vanilla thinking that the 80/20 was too thick. This one, same clog, same time about. My third one just got filled with about 25% of another 70/30 flavor. I wonder how long THIS one will last?!

When I say "it clogs," the symptoms are that It will get really really hard to pull and it will feel like i'm inhaling straight liquid in the back of my throat. Makes me almost wanna puke, honestly. Is this a known phenomenon with these things?

I'm vaping out of a V2 Roughstack at 3.7v. Doesn't seem like I'm doing anything crazy. Is this mix too heavy and clogging my atty? Sometimes I like using 80/20 mixes, but so far i don't think this is a good idea since even the lighter mix seems to be clogging it up. Help! :confused:

Last edited:

Eurotrash

May 17, 2011
D.C.
I don't think I'm overfilling..They operate perfectly fine down until they are about 20-25% full and THEN they start giving me issues. They get progressively harder to "pull" on until finally they just start sucking liquid into the part of the atomizer that burns the liquid. If I pull hard enough, I'll get liquid in my mouth. Gross!

However, part of me wonders if the carto is tipped upside down for awhile weather the liquid seeps into parts where it shouldn't be (i.e. the actual atomizer on the top of the carto) and floods it completely. I literally can't pull at ALL on the one I've got on there now. Here's a picture of it just for kicks..::

IMAG0005.jpg

I can't believe I'm literally getting only one refill out of these things at the moment. Makes me really sad :(

Last edited:

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
I don't think I'm overfilling..They operate perfectly fine down until they are about 20-25% full and THEN they start giving me issues. They get progressively harder to "pull" on until finally they just start sucking liquid into the part of the atomizer that burns the liquid. If I pull hard enough, I'll get liquid in my mouth. Gross!

Have you tried turning your PV upside down to let the juice wick when its past half full? Always works for me. If it don't the rubber piece on the ceramic cup is pushed down too far.

Eurotrash

May 17, 2011
D.C.
Have you tried turning your PV upside down to let the juice wick when its past half full? Always works for me. If it don't the rubber piece on the ceramic cup is pushed down too far.

Well, my problem seems to be the opposite of not having juice. It's a problem of wicking TOO well so that the atomizer is flooded. Pretty sure, anyway..

Eurotrash

May 17, 2011
D.C.
So, it seems after a bit of fiddling, that blowing from the atty end towards the connection end will force the liquid back inside the tube (or at least, out of the atty and downward) I may have solved the issue so far, but I'll double check with another one and report back soon.
Thanks all, I think I may be pulling a bit too hard and forcing the juice up into the atty. I'll try a lighter juice as well as sucking a bit less. Pun intended :)

Eurotrash

May 17, 2011
D.C.
So here's an update several hours later:

My atty started leaking from the base where the atty meets the battery end. I got it vaping decently, but now it's a messy situation. I took it home wrapped in a paper towel or four and put a thin stream of superglue around the base of the atty to prevent it from leaking further. Seems to be ok, we'll see if it holds up to vaping. I'm really disappointed in these things though. They seem like such an amazing idea and I like them better than conventional attys as far as the taste and dripping is concerned.. Just a shame that they have to be so shoddily constructed. :facepalm:
Is there any better solution? What are these "smokymisers" I hear about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread